Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Konsa has always looked too casual to me and took too long on the ball, so was that not that bothered about him going. In the last month he seems to have improved a lot in these areas. And his versatily will be a big miss.

I think what impresses me most about Konsa is the fact that he is happy in possession and can therefore slow down things and not rush into a stupid pass. If a player closes him down quickly he does not panick, pushes the ball past him using a quick spurt of speed, puts his head up, and considers again. Classy and worth every penny of £8mil IMO

Liverpool and Everton rate him at only £4 to £5 mil. He won’t walk into their first team now, but they obviously think at his age he is not far off. Makes me a little surprised that some think he does not make our first team, but hey ho.
    Completely agree. I'd always rather have a centre half like Konsa that can read the game before the ball comes to him, take his time and drive out with the ball, find a teammate and start an attack, rather than hoofing it and giving possession straight back to the opposition.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Konsa has always looked too casual to me and took too long on the ball, so was that not that bothered about him going. In the last month he seems to have improved a lot in these areas. And his versatily will be a big miss.

I think what impresses me most about Konsa is the fact that he is happy in possession and can therefore slow down things and not rush into a stupid pass. If a player closes him down quickly he does not panick, pushes the ball past him using a quick spurt of speed, puts his head up, and considers again. Classy and worth every penny of £8mil IMO

Liverpool and Everton rate him at only £4 to £5 mil. He won’t walk into their first team now, but they obviously think at his age he is not far off. Makes me a little surprised that some think he does not make our first team, but hey ho.
    Completely agree. I'd always rather have a centre half like Konsa that can read the game before the ball comes to him, take his time and drive out with the ball, find a teammate and start an attack, rather than hoofing it and giving possession straight back to the opposition.
    You've got to be able to defend as well though. It's no use being classy on the ball if you get beaten in the air or give the attacker too much space
  • Options

Redrobo said:

You've got to be able to defend as well though. It's no use being classy on the ball if you get beaten in the air or give the attacker too much space
    Which he can. I think Pearce and Bauer are decent League One defenders but we do get beaten in the air a lot and I think they're both overrated by some.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Which he can. I think Pearce and Bauer are decent League One defenders but we do get beaten in the air a lot and I think they're both overrated by some.
    Thing is we are looking a Konsa and comparing him with other defenders on what he can do now, quite rightly if picking a team for Saturday.

The buying clubs are looking at what he'll be able to do in a few years time. They don't expect to buy a ready made premier league player for £5m of even £8m but they can take a punt on his potential, which is, IMHO, great.
    Such a deal can benefit both parties. In 2011 we sold potential in Jenkinson (and to an extent Rob Elliot), and bought players who could get us promotion.

Under the current owner things are clearly different, but in normal circumstances if we could have sold Konsa for £5m and reinvested the money this window in 3 decent players, I would definitely have taken that.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    https://t.co/PXXOMLNoHl

Looks like this has finally been done (Kaikai), doesn’t mention if it was done in time for tomorrow’s game or not.
  • Options

Looks like this has finally been done (Kaikai), doesn’t mention if it was done in time for tomorrow’s game or not.

Great news, hopefully it's in time for tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Great news, hopefully it's in time for tomorrow.
    Has to be signed by midday to day, I believe
  • Options

It's imminent.
  • Options

So this could rule out them for Konsa.
    I really wanted us to get Justin in the summer. I think he has a bright future. Was available for £500k.

Brighton are a well run club. They think long term and invest wisely.
  • Options

So this could rule out them for Konsa.
    Not really. Konsa is a CH and for next season.
  • Options
    Sage said:

It's happening. That is all I am going to say from now on until my timing improves! :joy:

Sage you can tell me I believe you lol
  • Options
    Sage said:

It's happening. That is all I am going to say from now on until my timing improves! :joy:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @FAVADDICK as said before, we thought we had done everything to get the deal completed by this time last week and earlier in the week. I was told it was done and set to be announced a few days ago, obviously there was a stalling for one reason or another. But from the news being reported this evening and by Sky Sports now tagging along too, I think it is fair to say this is going to be announced any time from now on.

@Oggy Red Thanks. It's just very frustrating as I don't want to be made out to look stupid or a liar when it was genuine information.

@Covered End I am not sure if I can influence what you're gonna look like :lol:

@shirty5 I am gonna be 'whooshed' here, but I don't get it?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Does your wife know yet?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Sage said:

Does your wife know yet?
    If I had a wife, I think she'd probably know before I do :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

KaiKai deal dome according to SSN just now.

Hasn't somebody got an "It's happening" gif?

• Options
    Sage said:

Sage, when are you going to listen to Henry? :smile:

It's only true when it's on the OS.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Pearce is our best CB imo. Can always see a mistake in Bauer? I’d go Pearce/Ez

Really? Think Bauer has been solid as a rock this season, with the exception being against...I can't remember, the game after he'd had a couple out with an injury where he hurt his ankle. Peterborough I think it was.

I think Jason Pearce makes smaller mistakes but far more of them. He gives away needless fouls. He drops far too deep, he lacks pace, and he's poor on the ball, which impacts how we build from the back.

For me:
    Bauer-Sarr*
    Konsa-Bauer
    Konsa-Sarr

*Edges it despite Konsa being in very good form of late because it allows Bauer to play on his preferred right side.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Sage, when are you going to listen to Henry? :smile:

It's only true when it's on the OS.
    The day I listen to Henry will be the day he says something more Sage than I. :wink:

Even if WIOTOS is very wise advice :grin:
  • Options
    Also, to those saying Konsa is a Championship level CB: now, yes I'd agree with you, although the higher up you go the less physicality matters and that would help him. But other teams buy players for what they could develop in to 2, 3 even 4 years down the line. I know it's a foreign concept to us, but in four years' time, at 24, I think Konsa could easily be a Premier League and England defender.