Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Konsa has always looked too casual to me and took too long on the ball, so was that not that bothered about him going. In the last month he seems to have improved a lot in these areas. And his versatily will be a big miss.

I think what impresses me most about Konsa is the fact that he is happy in possession and can therefore slow down things and not rush into a stupid pass. If a player closes him down quickly he does not panick, pushes the ball past him using a quick spurt of speed, puts his head up, and considers again. Classy and worth every penny of £8mil IMO

Liverpool and Everton rate him at only £4 to £5 mil. He won’t walk into their first team now, but they obviously think at his age he is not far off. Makes me a little surprised that some think he does not make our first team, but hey ho.
    This. Really classy on the ball, and has a great turn of pace with the ball at his feet. Far more important in the modern game than some give it credit for.
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    That's cute. A nice way to break up the otherwise monotonous announcements for signings.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Beardface said:
    That's cute. A nice way to break up the otherwise monotonous announcements for signings.
    The strange thing had me expecting a Ghostbusters tribute announcement, gutted and also relieved it wasn't.
  • Options

Do we assume the signing is too late be added to tomorrow's squad?

In any case, he's probably already missed the coach to Blackpool.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

He hasn’t signed mate, he’s just having a photo taken with the shirt.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Oggy Red said:

If it was literally done an hour ago, then yes. But it could have been sealed earlier today (or yesterday) and just not announced until now. I think the cutoff is noon the day before to register a player.

I know this will probably jinx it, but if we keep hold of Konsa I think we'll have had a good window, excellent when you consider the circumstances we're in.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

He hasn’t signed mate, he’s just having a photo taken with the shirt.
    Yeah, you're right - not even with Scarfy.

• Options
    Charlton official Twitter seems to think they're announcing Alexis Sanchez or similar. Unique.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is all a prelude to Fosu being sold, isn't it
  • Options

Thrilled to be here I see.
  • Options
    Great loan. Proven goal scorer at this level.
  • Options
    I’m very surprised Robbo doesn’t get us more young Liverpool players what with his connections there
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Strange coincidence this.
    Meire leaves and we have our best transfer window for 4 years.

I'd argue the summer we signed JBG, Igor, Buyens, Ben Haim, Bulot, etc. was better in terms of the quality of permanent signings (even though we left the squad short), but point still taken.
  • Options

I’m very surprised Robbo doesn’t get us more young Liverpool players what with his connections there

Perhaps they prefer to keep their young players up north/in the area so that they're closer to the club, their mates, their family, etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

Charlton official Twitter seems to think they're announcing Alexis Sanchez or similar. Unique.

I was about the say the same thing. Looking at that clip I thought we were signing a star name, especially when they said.." he has played for...." I was not expecting

Crawley

Anyway - welcome Kaikai & hope your brief stay is successful.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Can’t stand this trend for cringey videos announcing signings, especially for a loan signing from Palace. This is how you do it, picture of the lad holding up a shirt.

#purist
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Thank God for that!

Fantastic signing and going to be very influential going forward, attacking wise for the rest of this season.
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    I wish that had started with "from Croydon".
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Sage said:

Thank God for that!

Fantastic signing and going to be very influential for going attacking wise for the rest of this season.

Will Kaikai's signing mean that somebody like KAG may be going out on loan?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Thank God for that!

Fantastic signing and going to be very influential for going attacking wise for the rest of this season.

Will Kaikai's signing mean that somebody like KAG may be going out on loan?

Hopefully not.
    He has looked good recently
  • Options
    All that for a loan signing, christ.

Great addition to the squad. Welcome Sullay, you're at a proper club now.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Sage said:

Thank God for that!

Lest we forget that Sage was right about this one

.....eventually ;)