Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

8m is mental

Gomez would have been worth 20-25m based on that in todays market

Maybe even more....when you consider Stones went for nearly £50m (admittedly he was already playing on the Premier League and had played for England).
  • Options
    This will of course give any buyer of the club a bargaining chip as RD has just sold one of the clubs prized assets.

Does this mean an 8million quid discount for the buyer now?
  • Options
    £8M won't be the transfer fee, it will include the s"n's guess as to EK's wages over the duration of what they guess will be his contract, plus a few numbers they made up just because. £8mil, £800,000, 80p all academic cos CAFC won't benefit one iota as the septicgenarian sh!t4brains continues to mitigate Staprix's losses on this (misad)venture. My money's still on the pathetic pensioner p!ssing everybody off with his "I know business huh" and them going shopping elsewhere.
    In which universe is 6 grand a week for a 20 year old 3rd division centre back, anything other than monumental lunacy, he ain't even first choice? If it was to get him to stay a while longer gambling on his value appreciating, looks like roly stupendously fcuked that up as well.
    Good luck Ezri and well done to platinum one group.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Brighton have had a bid of 6m for Aden Flint Bristol City's defender rejected. Cannot seeing them pay 8m for Konsa.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Brighton have had a bid of 6m for Aden Flint Bristol City's defender rejected. Cannot seeing them pay 8m for Konsa.

unless you know how the deals are broken down you can't say that.

• Options
    "8m" for konsa i likely to be heavily add-on based. E.g something like 3m up front rising to 8m with games played/brighton staying in prem for certain amount of years/playing for england.
  • Options
    Future incentives and add ons made payable to Roland only.

Fuck off Roland
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

This will of course give any buyer of the club a bargaining chip as RD has just sold one of the clubs prized assets.

Does this mean an 8million quid discount for the buyer now?

Roland would probably find a way to make it 8 million more.
  • Options

Serious cash for Roland. We won't see any of it but if it makes him sell up sooner then I'm all for it.

Except I doubt it'll make him sell up sooner. And what happens when Solly and/or Bauer are injured? We don't have cover :-( That could finish our promotion challenge.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Serious cash for Roland. We won't see any of it but if it makes him sell up sooner then I'm all for it.

Except I doubt it'll make him sell up sooner. And what happens when Solly and/or Bauer are injured? We don't have cover :-( That could finish our promotion challenge.
    Same as every season then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £8mil seems a fair price for a young England player.

Premier sides need to spread some of their money down the leagues and paying fair prices for the best home grown players in the country seems an appropriate way to do this.

Comparing his fee to Joe Gomez does not seem right. Do Liverpool have any player in their squad worth less that £10 mil? They got a bargain and they know it. It does not help football though. Clubs need a real incentive to run academies and they need money to survive.

The money just has to start filtering down and sensible fees is a good step.
  • Options

I wonder if a £5m to £8m payment into Roland's back pocket might be enough to clear the log jam we are in with the potential buyers?

@Redhenry and others have said that there is a gap between what Duchatelet wants and what the two parties (who've completed due diligence in October and more recently) are prepared to pay.

So would £5m/£8m plus the £20m to £25m (Guesstimates from me not ITK numbers) the preferred bidder has put on the table to enough to make Mr Duck Tape sign on the dotted line, feck off back to St Truiden and never trouble us again?

Discuss.

Asking price is still the issue as far as I know
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I wonder if a £5m to £8m payment into Roland's back pocket might be enough to clear the log jam we are in with the potential buyers?

@Redhenry and others have said that there is a gap between what Duchatelet wants and what the two parties (who've completed due diligence in October and more recently) are prepared to pay.

So would £5m/£8m plus the £20m to £25m (Guesstimates from me not ITK numbers) the preferred bidder has put on the table to enough to make Mr Duck Tape sign on the dotted line, feck off back to St Truiden and never trouble us again?

Discuss.

Asking price is still the issue as far as I know
    So I understand which is why I speculated that £8m might bridge the gap and facilitate a deal sooner rather than later.

If Murray is correct and Duchatalet doesn't want to fund the club's loses beyond this season then at some point he has to sell it to get some of his "investment" back.

Take £20m plus £8m now and walk away now or face another year of losses (albeit covered by the Konsa money) and be in the same position in the summer with no guaranteed sale.

It would perhaps explain Murray's otherwise strange belief that the deal was more likely in February/
  • Options
    we live in hope
  • Options

What with the £11 million for Lookman and another £5-8 million for Konsa we are going to have a fantastic training ground

haha
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Gradually moving along the South coast. First Bognor, now Eastbourne...
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Simonsen said:

J BLOCK said:

sam3110 said:

8m is mental

Gomez would have been worth 20-25m based on that in todays market

That Gomez deal that thick head negotiated is up there with the worst things she’s done while with us
    The £8m figure suggests Konsa hasn't got a release clause in his contract, whereas I thought Gomez did have one(?)
    Gomez did have one. It had to be included to get him to sign a pro deal at 17.

24 appearances later, his agent told Liverpool about the clause and the rest is history.
    This is one of the few issues where (without knowing all the facts) I might have sympathy with Katrien

These days, the odds are heavily stacked against the smaller clubs, who face losing talented youngsters for peanuts (e.g. Palmer). If a talented youngster (with an agent) insists he will only sign a pro contract if there's a release clause included, there really isn't anything the club can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:
    Going down market though, Bognor is a Regis :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Scoham said:
    Going down market though, Bognor is a Regis :wink: .
    Bugger Bognor
  • Options

A suggestion that Charlton Athletic are interested in Wycombe Wanderers midfielder Luke O'Nien has been categorically shut down by Addicks' manager Karl Robinson.

The comment, on social media from an agent, mentioned that Charlton's head of recruitment, Steve Gallen, 'will be meeting Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth today to try and finalise a deal.'
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

He can do a lot better than Brighton. I realise he would get more first team football but Gomez has proved his worth at a higher level. Don't even think about it mate!
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

He can do a lot better than Brighton. I realise he would get more first team football but Gomez has proved his worth at a higher level. Don't even think about it mate!
    How much did Brighton bid for Flint?
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Bit stupid bidding the same amount 4 times.
    This ...... Konsa's never worth £32m

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Who really cares what he sells for (or what he is worth) if we lose the player and Roland keeps the money.