Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Charlton and Crystal Palace have so far been unable to agree a deal for Sullay Kaikai to move to The Valley on loan.

The Addicks are keen for winger Kaikai, 22, to join them for the rest of the season and were previously hopeful of a deal.

However, talks between the two clubs appear to have reached a stalemate and Charlton are considering potential back-up options as they look to add to their squad.

Kaikai, whose only league appearance for Palace this season came last August, is keen to make the move and he is Charlton’s number one target ahead of the transfer deadline.

Discussions are continuing, with Charlton still hoping an agreement can be reached.

Brentford, where he was previously on loan, recently made an enquiry with a view to signing him on a permanent basis, but the Bees did not follow up their interest.

The Southwark-born Kaikai made 18 appearances for Brentford during his loan spell at Griffin Park last season, scoring three goals. Twelve of those outings came as a substitute.

He has made a total nine first-team appearances for Palace, with only six coming in the league.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

According to a report from the Daily Mail's live transfer feed (24th January 2018; 15:14), Ezri Konsa looks set to end the January transfer window as a Charlton Athletic player with neither Liverpool or Everton currently prepared to meet his £5 million asking price.

The miere effect.
    If she was still here he would have gone for 2 million
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Also a paper saying Southampton interested.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I worry that Roland will come to the conclusion that £3M in his pocket on the way out the door is better for him than holding onto Konsa because other club's offers are below Konsa's value. After all, if he does sell and get an exit bonus by selling him, why would he care if the new owners inherit a bad deal? Why would he care about whether anyone other than himself likes the deal at all?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Charlton and Crystal Palace have so far been unable to agree a deal for Sullay Kaikai to move to The Valley on loan.

The Addicks are keen for winger Kaikai, 22, to join them for the rest of the season and were previously hopeful of a deal.

However, talks between the two clubs appear to have reached a stalemate and Charlton are considering potential back-up options as they look to add to their squad.

Kaikai, whose only league appearance for Palace this season came last August, is keen to make the move and he is Charlton’s number one target ahead of the transfer deadline.

Discussions are continuing, with Charlton still hoping an agreement can be reached.

Brentford, where he was previously on loan, recently made an enquiry with a view to signing him on a permanent basis, but the Bees did not follow up their interest.

The Southwark-born Kaikai made 18 appearances for Brentford during his loan spell at Griffin Park last season, scoring three goals. Twelve of those outings came as a substitute.

He has made a total nine first-team appearances for Palace, with only six coming in the league.

Tell Palace to shove it & move on. Don't fanny around like we did with Reeves & end up with nothing at 11.01 next wed evening. A proper, full on striker is what we really need.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

Tell Palace to shove it & move on. Don't fanny around like we did with Reeves & end up with nothing at 11.01 next wed evening. A proper, full on striker is what we really need.
    Stokes?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

ross1 said:

Stokes?
    I thought Peter Crouch was supposed to be going to Chelsea.
  • Options
    Have you still not had a update sage alot of people saying it's fallen through still not herd nothing from rich Crawley either
  • Options
    Sage said:

FAVADDICK said:

Have you still not had a update sage alot of people saying it's fallen through still not herd nothing from rich Crawley either

It’s not fallen through, that would indicate the deal is dead and won’t be happening. What seems to have happened is we believe we done enough to get the deal done on Friday for the weekend’s game. I know for sure that Palace then moved the goalposts as such. We picked up again over Sunday and Monday, again thinking we had done enough for the deal to be done, (hence my first comment on here) and it looks as though Palace may have this time moved the goalposts again. But at the same time it could have been us this time.

Now this could be anything from conditions of guaranteed game time, % of wages we pay, or another club coming to the table as well. That’s the part I don’t know. I don’t know why it has stalled as such, I was expecting it done and announced by now. But I suppose these things take time and as we really want Kaikai as well as another striker, we may have to be a bit more patient yet.
    Don't worry, nobody gets it right all the time and you've been good enough to put it out there - think how airman and irving must have felt after that thread started in october about the imminent takeover - 10000 or something posts later... cor dear eh
  • Options

Having seen a fair amount of Konsa's games for 1st team and academy teams I see a decent young player but I don't see a premier player. Like other Charlton fans, i said Shelvey, Gomez and Lookman would play in top division after their debuts. Thought Cousins would only ever play in Championship because of average ball control. I rate Joe Aribo higher than Konsa but I would still like Ezri to stay and prove me wrong. I appreciate he is only young and with more games may get stronger and learn to pass the ball forward.

I think this is bang on the mark. In a way that's what we need right now - developing decent players, but not outstanding ones (unless you are certain that transfer profits are reinvested). I love the idea of Konsa sticking around, knowing he has to improve to get the big move.
  • Options
    agreed - konsa's pace is his biggest asset from what i can see but not dominant enough to be a top level centre half
  • Options
    Hopefully we will know more about the Kaikai situation at the weekly press conference
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

ross1 said:

Stokes?
    Which one are they selling?
  • Options
    Tell Palace to do one.
  • Options
    We have been linked to Luke O'Nien of Wycombe but looks like a joke Twitter account.

#Charlton head of recruitment Steve Gallen will meet with #Wycombe manager Gareth Ainsworth today to try a finalise a move for midfielder Luke O'Nien. #chairboys likely to want upwards of £100k to let him go. #WYC #cafc #TheAddicks
  • Options
    Sage said:

FAVADDICK said:

It’s not fallen through, that would indicate the deal is dead and won’t be happening. What seems to have happened is we believe we done enough to get the deal done on Friday for the weekend’s game. I know for sure that Palace then moved the goalposts as such. We picked up again over Sunday and Monday, again thinking we had done enough for the deal to be done, (hence my first comment on here) and it looks as though Palace may have this time moved the goalposts again. But at the same time it could have been us this time.

Now this could be anything from conditions of guaranteed game time, % of wages we pay, or another club coming to the table as well. That’s the part I don’t know. I don’t know why it has stalled as such, I was expecting it done and announced by now. But I suppose these things take time and as we really want Kaikai as well as another striker, we may have to be a bit more patient yet.
    Thanks Sage, on the face of it if they keep moving the goalposts whatever the reason... probably game time just tell them to do one and move onto the next target. A winger isn't essential , i would still have him but dont feel we should be pussy footing and hold out for him.
  • Options
    Alan Nixon‏
    @reluctantnicko
    Following Following @reluctantnicko
    More
    Brighton. Winning race for Ezri Konsa at Charlton. Serious cash. Big rivals. Should get done.
  • Options

Alan Nixon‏
    @reluctantnicko
    More
    Brighton. Winning race for Ezri Konsa at Charlton. Serious cash. Big rivals. Should get done.

Good move for him if true.
  • Options

Alan Nixon‏
    @reluctantnicko
    More

Thank you for putting on here Henners, i followed link and said protected tweets. Still dont understand why people put info on here but link to a tweet, i have twitter but not always easy to follow link as at work.
  • Options
    Serious cash!

Fuck off Roland