Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    mart77 said:

mr.se7 said:

I personally cant wait for Billy Clarke to be back in our side, albeit not this season unfortunately, made everything click.

Unfortunately, I really wouldn’t hold your breath.
    What do you mean by that, Mart?
    Is it a career threatening injury, even worse than feared?

• Options

Clarke in for Reeves, Pearce in for Bauer, Dijksteel not on bench, if they could all be fit. Moot point I know as Clarke is out for season

Then why mention him then ???? Might as well put Sergio Aguero in there as he has about as much chance of playing for us this season as Clarke.

Arguably Aguero has more chance of playing for us this season, as he is currently not injured. And we could used some of the millions from the sale of Magennis to Chelsea to fund the move....
  • Options
    Sage said:

If this doesn’t happen today, I know I am going to look rather silly. But so be it, I can only say what I have been told/know. Just hope things have gone smoothly and he will be our player soon, be it today or another day.

Do you think it will sage??
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Sage said:

If this doesn’t happen today, I know I am going to look rather silly. But so be it, I can only say what I have been told/know. Just hope things have gone smoothly and he will be our player soon, be it today or another day.

I do think he will be our player for the rest of the season, yes.

I put on here last night about personally expecting the announcement today as I was confident of that, but as it’s approaching 4:30pm, it doesn’t seem likely unless it’s like Zyro’s. I wouldn’t have posted for the sake of it.

Just we have to be patient I suppose.
  • Options
    Sage said:

FAVADDICK said:

Sage said:

I put on here last night about personally expecting the announcement today as I was confident of that, but as it’s approaching 4:30pm, it doesn’t seem likely unless it’s like Zyro’s. I wouldn’t have posted for the sake of it.

Is there anyone else close keep on seeing jay Emmanuel-thomas on a free said??
  • Options
    If we continue playing 4231 then the best 3 is
    Mavadidi Clarke Fosu.
    Can't happen at the moment I know but those 3 would be awesome in this league
  • Options

Mavadidi Clarke Fosu.

Hopefully we won't get to see it in this league...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Mavadidi Clarke Fosu.

Hopefully we won't get to see it in this league...
    We can't as Clarke is out for the season but I would have liked to have seen it.

Anyway I'm with you let's see it next season in the championship
  • Options

Mavadidi Clarke Fosu.

I agree but not with Magennis up front; you need more pace in the middle of the pitch .
    And more goals
  • Options
    Sage said:

FAVADDICK said:

Sage said:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

mart77 said:

mr.se7 said:

I personally cant wait for Billy Clarke to be back in our side, albeit not this season unfortunately, made everything click.

I hope I’m wrong but think Clarke has a long long road back. Cracking player who’s been incredibly unlucky.
  • Options

KAG has scored more goals in considerably less minutes than Magennis over the last 2 months - give him a go in his favoured position for a couple of games

No No No No No
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Oggy Red said:

mart77 said:

mr.se7 said:

I hope I’m wrong but think Clarke has a long long road back. Cracking player who’s been incredibly unlucky.
    Thanks, Mart.

I was fearing really bad news.

• Options

KAG has scored more goals in considerably less minutes than Magennis over the last 2 months - give him a go in his favoured position for a couple of games

Great idea. Replace one misfiring striker with another :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sage said:

Keep the info coming @sage

Always sensible and qualified and sans silly boasting when you are proved correct.
    Thanks Henners, just know how things can look and seem when things haven’t gone as someone expects or says it will go - some people might jump on that, I’ve have seen it enough with Airman and RedHenry and others putting information out there for them to get negativity back. But it’s what makes this forum so good and interesting too.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Sage said:

FAVADDICK said:

Sage said:

Is there anyone else close keep on seeing jay Emmanuel-thomas on a free said??
    Honestly haven’t been told about other targets or JET in particular, that’s if he is one, sorry mate.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

True, I guess Pearce, Bauer, Sarr and Lennon, if all are fit, are 4 players for 2 spots so is more than enough. You only need a 5th option if you have 2-3 injuries.

Yeah but that's been the default situation for our defence for a couple of seasons.
  • Options
    Yeh, like you really have CAFC in your veins, don't you ?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Great idea. Replace one misfiring striker with another :neutral:
    How is he misfiring ? He might not be prolific but at least he'd create space for other people . I'm yet to work out what Magennis' purpose is, other than being a very poor man's Shaun Bartlett ( I mean that purely from a heading away defending corners perspective ).
  • Options

We've always sold our best players to top teams - you can't stop them from leaving when a top club comes in for them. As long as the club get a good deal then there's no point getting upset about it, good luck to him.

The only time I've ever felt truly hurt by a player leaving was Scott Parker to Chelsea. That's simply because we were competing with the very best teams at that time so the transfer felt like a bit of a sideways step.
    Yes we have sold our best players....but we’ve held onto them and fought off interested parties far more aggressively in the past.
    Our multi millionaire owner just flogs them at the whiff of an approach now. That’s what’s different.