Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

dickplumb said:
    I thank you - don't tell me i was first to reveal the info again - please, WUM ? i don't think so
    Hats off. It's almost as if you have a contact inside the club! I knew there had been no due diligence ;-)
    Thanks johnny
  • Options
    In honour of our new loan signing can someone amend the title to Kaikai as opposed to Kalkai ?
  • Options
    What loan signing.
  • Options
    cazo said:

What loan signing.

Sage says Kaikai has signed on loan and it will be announced tomorrow (he's usually on the money).
  • Options

cazo said:

What loan signing.

Sage says Kaikai has signed on loan and it will be announced tomorrow (he's usually on the money).
    Ah ok, I thought @Sage meant the Wolves lad. Kaikai would be a very useful addition.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

cazo said:

What loan signing.

Ah ok, I thought @Sage meant the Wolves lad. Kaikai would be a very useful addition.
    That's the spirit Mart :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

mart77 said:

cazo said:

What loan signing.

That's the spirit Mart :wink:
    @RedChaser I’ve been reading up on Zyro and he’s well rated however there are serious questions over his fitness after a bad injury. Just hope he comes in and does well for us and him as he sounds like he’s been unlucky so far.

Kaikai will improve us and if we get someone who can score and everyone stays fit I still believe we could challenge the top 2. Sadly I think squad depth and injuries will hurt our chances. Where has that been said before...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

(moved!)
  • Options

Charlton Athletic's loan move for Sullay Kaikai from Crystal Palace may have hit a snag, Kent Live understands.

The Addicks have been in talks with the Eagles over the 22-year-old attacker since last week, and met the player and representatives on Friday.

The deal was expected to go through before the weekend, in hope the player could have been involved in the matchday squad to face Walsall.

Charlton boss Karl Robinson told the media on Saturday post-match he was going to return to attempt to seal the deal on Sunday, with Addicks fans expecting an announcement today.

That has not been the case, however, and Kent Live tonight understands talks have gone from hot to cold - and it may not even happen.

There is clearly a bit more work to do, but there is a chance now the deal could be off for the time being. It may be revisited at a later stage.
  • Options
    Liverpool and Everton are battling to sign highly-rated Charlton youngster Ezri Konsa, according to the Mirror.

The Mirror say Charlton have agreed to sell the 20-year-old defender for £5m and that both Merseyside clubs are keen to snap him up.

There has been speculation over the player’s future for some time, particularly since he featured for England in their Under-20 World Cup-winning campaign.

The Mirror say the Addicks have agreed to let him go, citing comments made by Charlton manager Karl Robinson last year.

Robinson admitted he expected Konsa to leave The Valley during the January transfer window and added that he would like him to return on loan for the rest of the season if possible.

Robinson said: “My gut feeling is that he will go in January.

“If I was him I’d be looking to go in January but we should look for £5m minimum. Maybe we could try for a loan back but the player has to want that.”

Charlton have previously lost youngsters to Liverpool and Everton.

Ademola Lookman left to join Everton a year ago, while the Mirror say Liverpool are keen for Konsa to join Joe Gomez, who moved to Anfield from Charlton in June 2015.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Certainly not fast, but his Wolves debut looked tidy enough, Makienok 2.0.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about Kent Live. As far as I am concerned, they’re only reporting that because they expected an announcement by now.

Kent Live only want maximum hits on their website.

And might dress up the story to support that?
  • Options
    Clickbait embellishes story so you click on their website...............shock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is on the Football Whispers list provided by SkySports
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Sage said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about Kent Live. As far as I am concerned, they’re only reporting that because they expected an announcement by now.

It did hit a minor snag on Friday as they hoped it was done so he could be in the squad for Saturday. One thing Kent Live have got right in their report but I think they’ve copied SPL for that. (Cawley has excellent contacts at both clubs, Charlton and Palace)

I can’t say for certain 100% as I am not party to negotiations of course, but from what I understand, the snag can be/has been resolved and he should be our player for the rest of this season. Don’t panic just yet, hence I am expecting the announcement tomorrow.

Don't worry gang - if it hasn't happened by tomorrow, i'll find out whats going on
    Yeah, we know, "nothing's happening" :smile:
  • Options
    Clearly nothing was happening in October - otherwise we wouldn't be waiting for dd's to be undertaken now - as i said at the time 'if something was happening, its not now' my exact words to airman on here and how right they were - just like the Best signing, the Mavidivi signing and now the wolves player - OAFDUMP, i thank you.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Clearly nothing was happening in October - otherwise we wouldn't be waiting for dd's to be undertaken now - as i said at the time 'if something was happening, its not now' my exact words to airman on here and how right they were - just like the Best signing, the Mavidivi signing and now the wolves player - OAFDUMP, i thank you.

What point are you trying to make?
  • Options
    Ritson was the old Palace journalist for the Croydon Advertiser I believe. Would imagine it has some degree of truth if it came from a Palace source.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Charlton Athletic's loan move for Sullay Kaikai from Crystal Palace may have hit a snag, Kent Live understands.

The Addicks have been in talks with the Eagles over the 22-year-old attacker since last week, and met the player and representatives on Friday.

The deal was expected to go through before the weekend, in hope the player could have been involved in the matchday squad to face Walsall.

Charlton boss Karl Robinson told the media on Saturday post-match he was going to return to attempt to seal the deal on Sunday, with Addicks fans expecting an announcement today.

That has not been the case, however, and Kent Live tonight understands talks have gone from hot to cold - and it may not even happen.

There is clearly a bit more work to do, but there is a chance now the deal could be off for the time being. It may be revisited at a later stage.

Maybe because he (Kaikai) wants a first team spot and we cannot if he will start every game! Big headed I'm better than what you already have! Just guessing! Well he is a Palace player! Lol
  • Options

Ritson was the old Palace journalist for the Croydon Advertiser I believe. Would imagine it has some degree of truth if it came from a Palace source.

My concern would be a Championship coming in for him. After all weren't Brentford after him at some point?
  • Options

My concern would be a Championship coming in for him. After all weren't Brentford after him at some point?
    This