Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options

Zyro seems most likely to me, listed on wolves site as a striker and 6’2” 1/2. He’s also followed by Piotr on twitter.

And the name is synonymous with the number of goals most of our loan strikers score, so a perfect fit!
    We have 1 loan forward with 2 in 3 games... No other loan forwards at the moment... Your attempt at humour has failed... Get out.
  • Options

Can't see it being zyro....he's more of a winger. Jutkiewitz would be quality for this level.

But Id be amazed if we got Jutkiewitz as he was on the bench for Birmingham today.
    And Kaikai was on the bench for Palace today.
    He wasn’t.
    According to motd he was
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Can't see it being zyro....he's more of a winger. Jutkiewitz would be quality for this level.

But Id be amazed if we got Jutkiewitz as he was on the bench for Birmingham today.
    He wasn’t.
    According to motd he was
    MOTD were wrong, here's the team line up from the match report on the Palarse website;
    Palace: Hennessey, Fosu-Mensah, Tomkins, Kelly, Van Aanholt, Zaha, Milivojevic, Cabaye (Riedewald 90), McArthur, Sako, Benteke. Subs not used: Speroni. Ward, Souare, Delaney, Lee, Townsend.
  • Options
    So Zyro is a winger?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

He wasn’t.
    According to motd he was
    MOTD were wrong, here's the team line up from the match report on the Palarse website;
    Palace: Hennessey, Fosu-Mensah, Tomkins, Kelly, Van Aanholt, Zaha, Milivojevic, Cabaye (Riedewald 90), McArthur, Sako, Benteke. Subs not used: Speroni. Ward, Souare, Delaney, Lee, Townsend.
    And BBC website says:
    Substitutes
    1Speroni
    2Ward
    10Townsend
    14Lee Chung-yong
    23Souaré
    27Delaney
    44Riedewald
  • Options

So Zyro is a winger?

Yes, apparently so. Can also play up top but you’d guess that it’s clearly his second position.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

He wasn’t.
    According to motd he was
    And BBC website says:
    Substitutes
    1Speroni
    2Ward
    10Townsend
    14Lee Chung-yong
    23Souaré
    27Delaney
    44Riedewald
    The Big Match on ITV wouldn't have got it wrong would they James. I wonder if we could get a refund on our license fee. :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Was Riedewald in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
    @Leuth ?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    From that BBC article December 2015 when Wolves signed him Zyro fits in with RM's definition of him as a 'sort of' striker who plays wide and good in the air.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok. So we are in desperate need of a striker. We have 2 loans left. So we are signing....... 2 wingers (one of whom can play as a striker if need be).
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Ok. So we are in desperate need of a striker. We have 2 loans left. So we are signing....... 2 wingers (one of whom can play as a striker if need be).

The argument is always the same, what strikers are available, within our price range and want to come. It’s not as if there’s an abundance of them to pick and choose from.
  • Options

I'm assuming they see Mavididi/Zyro as one winger and one striker. Think that leaves us a bit too heavy on wingers and I agree, we need an out and out striker rather than Zyro.

Surely at 6 foot 2 plus, Zyro is one of the tallest wingers around?
  • Options
    KR mentioned that he wanted two loans and two permanent signings last week. Zyro & Kaikai will obviously be his loans and I assume he'll only get his permanent signings (Carruthers & an out an out goalscorer striker) if the takeover happens and/or Konsa is sold this coming week.
  • Options

KR mentioned that he wanted two loans and two permanent signings last week. Zyro & Kaikai will obviously be his loans and I assume he'll only get his permanent signings (Carruthers & an out an out goalscorer striker) if the takeover happens and/or Konsa is sold this coming week.

I think the two permanents would be a replacement for Konsa as Murray said yesterday. Then either Carruthers or a striker, not both.
  • Options

The argument is always the same, what strikers are available, within our price range and want to come. It’s not as if there’s an abundance of them to pick and choose from.
    might aswell go for a striker that is available though rather than a winger. When the need in the team is more for a striker than a winger.
  • Options
    Can Zyro play as more of a target man though? We have plenty of pace and trickery, but you do need an outlet sometimes
  • Options

I think the two permanents would be a replacement for Konsa as Murray said yesterday. Then either Carruthers or a striker, not both.
    if we can get Carruthers and a decent striker for Konsa, plus the two incoming loans - I don't think that would be bad business, all things considered. That team yesterday was crying out for fresh legs.
  • Options
    Not sure Zyro is the striker mentioned as in the Under 23 games he played they have him on the right wing which seems unusual for a left footer.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Not sure Zyro is the striker mentioned as in the Under 23 games he played they have him on the right wing which seems unusual for a left footer.

Don't a lot of teams like playing inverted wingers these days?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

mart77 said:

Possibly, I guess I’m just hoping for better!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    mart77 said:

mart77 said:

Not sure if you know Mart but he's got 4 full caps and played 15 times at youth international level for Poland, how good do you want him to be? :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

mart77 said:

mart77 said:

Not sure if you know Mart but he's got 4 full caps and played 15 times at youth international level for Poland, how good do you want him to be? :wink:
    Tbh from the reports I’ve read on him he does not set my pulse racing in the slightest but like anyone he’ll get the benefit of the doubt.
  • Options

Good strikers are very hard to come by at the best of times. Let alone on loan, for minimal fee/wages in January.

No idea if this Zyro bloke is any good, but how many on here have actually seen him play more than once or twice and were really watching him closely when they did?
  • Options

Good strikers are very hard to come by at the best of times. Let alone on loan, for minimal fee/wages in January.

No idea if this Zyro bloke is any good, but how many on here have actually seen him play more than once or twice and were really watching him closely when they did?
    That’s what I’m saying.
  • Options

I like to ask:

1) Does he have good pedigree?

2) Good 1st touch, composure and awareness?

3) Good attitude and application?

4) Is he a crock?

5) Does he really want to be here?

• Options

might aswell go for a striker that is available though rather than a winger. When the need in the team is more for a striker than a winger.
    The point I’m making, are there any available who will make a difference to our squad?

Robinson has already said that players he had lined up, have gone elsewhere because initially he had no money available to spend.