Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe konsa deal is happening and a non back is available
  • Options
    Being Palace they probably want us to give them Konsa as a thank you.

Remember John Humphrey?
  • Options
    I assume it's based on guarantees about him starting games
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

Clearly nothing was happening in October - otherwise we wouldn't be waiting for dd's to be undertaken now - as i said at the time 'if something was happening, its not now' my exact words to airman on here and how right they were - just like the Best signing, the Mavidivi signing and now the wolves player - OAFDUMP, i thank you.

What point are you trying to make?
    That those who keep posting'nothings happening' in response to my posts have not been wasting there time
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

Clearly nothing was happening in October - otherwise we wouldn't be waiting for dd's to be undertaken now - as i said at the time 'if something was happening, its not now' my exact words to airman on here and how right they were - just like the Best signing, the Mavidivi signing and now the wolves player - OAFDUMP, i thank you.

That those who keep posting'nothings happening' in response to my posts have been wasting there time
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

That those who keep posting'nothings happening' in response to my posts have not been wasting there time
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

That those who keep posting'nothings happening' in response to my posts have been wasting there time
    But which one is it?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

DOUCHER said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

But which one is it?
    Don't waste my time.....
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

That he is mentally unstable.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

Think it is more that he is a juvenile WUM that lacks invention in his fishing.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

Now that's the definition of irony
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

Think it is more that he is a juvenile WUM that lacks invention in his fishing.
    No fishing here son, just providing the facts as always
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Would be a shame if Konsa goes this month, unless the deal includes a loan back. If we can play 5 and have Amos, Zyro, Mavididi, Dasilva and Konsa, it'd maybe be worth forgoing Kaikai unless Konsa is replaced with a permanent signing, which would undoubtedly be needed with only one other right sided centre half at the club, and Bauer is injured a lot anyway.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

Think you need to find a dictionary.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

Think you need to find a dictionary.
    Or preferably another Charlton forum, please.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

Would be a shame if Konsa goes this month, unless the deal includes a loan back. If we can play 5 and have Amos, Zyro, Mavididi, Dasilva and Konsa, it'd maybe be worth forgoing Kaikai unless Konsa is replaced with a permanent signing, which would undoubtedly be needed with only one other right sided centre half at the club, and Bauer is injured a lot anyway.

If we do sell Konsa i'd rather not get the loan back as i think the top end of the pitch is where we are weak and i'd much rather have Kaikai
  • Options

Splodge said:

If we do sell Konsa i'd rather not get the loan back as i think the top end of the pitch is where we are weak and i'd much rather have Kaikai
    I'd agree with that if we definitely were able to buy a permanent replacement at centre-half, as I do think we need a right sided centre-half as Bauer misses a lot of games.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Keeping hold of Konsa is more important for me than getting Kalkai. He sounds like a lovely player, but Konsa will be incredibly difficult to replace in a week. And if he's loaned back then it'd be better to have him in the squad. Having both him and Kalkai would be ideal, but I'm willing to settle for plan b at the moment.

My team when everyone's fit:
    Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer DaSilva
    ........ JFC Kashi
    Fosu Reeves Mavididi
    ........... Magennis

Bench: Phillips, Pearce, Sarr, Dijksteel, Aribo, Marshall, Zyro

Probably forgetting someone, and hopefully Zyro can challenge Josh for a starting spot, but expect he'll need to be eased in to things coming back from a long injury lay off.

But that looks a bloody strong team.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Keeping hold of Konsa is more important for me than getting Kalkai. He sounds like a lovely player, but Konsa will be incredibly difficult to replace in a week. And if he's loaned back then it'd be better to have him in the squad. Having both him and Kalkai would be ideal, but I'm willing to settle for plan b at the moment.

Amos
    ........ JFC Kashi
    Fosu Reeves Mavididi
    ........... Magennis

Probably forgetting someone, and hopefully Zyro can challenge Josh for a starting spot, but expect he'll need to be eased in to things coming back from a long injury lay off.

Swap Aribo and Reeves and I think that side should be getting playoffs easy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the logic on a "loan back" especially given the limit to loan players allowed. Surely any transfer agreed with Konsa could instead have an agreement that he joins at the end of the season rather than in January.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Amos
    ........ JFC Kashi
    Fosu Reeves Mavididi
    ........... Magennis

Strong, and with game changers on the bench. Also, when everyone is fit, there's variety open to Karl if he decides to use different systems for certain games. I like the idea of fitting in all three of Kashi, Aribo & JFC.

I'd like Konsa to stay until the Summer, but if he does go he should either be loaned back for ease of no transition, or replaced with a permanent new signing.

If Palace want Kaikai to start every week, I don't think Charlton is the right club for that. We don't want to be in a position where we are forced to leave out an in-form Marshall, Fosu or Reeves to fit in a player just because of a loan agreement.
  • Options
    IF we can get Pearce, Bauer and Sarr fit, then we can do without Konsa at CB, but without them we are very short.

• Options
    True, I guess Pearce, Bauer, Sarr and Lennon, if all are fit, are 4 players for 2 spots so is more than enough. You only need a 5th option if you have 2-3 injuries.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Amos
    ........ JFC Kashi
    Fosu Reeves Mavididi
    ........... Magennis

Clarke in for Reeves, Pearce in for Bauer, Dijksteel not on bench, if they could all be fit. Moot point I know as Clarke is out for season
  • Options

IF we can get Pearce, Bauer and Sarr fit, then we can do without Konsa at CB, but without them we are very short.

I think we'd need Bauer and Pearce to be fit for 18 games . We've been much tighter since Sarr went out, albeit against average to poor opposition
  • Options
    mr.se7 said:

I personally cant wait for Billy Clarke to be back in our side, albeit not this season unfortunately, made everything click.

Unfortunately, I really wouldn’t hold your breath.