Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:

We've always sold our best players to top teams - you can't stop them from leaving when a top club comes in for them. As long as the club get a good deal then there's no point getting upset about it, good luck to him.

The only time I've ever felt truly hurt by a player leaving was Scott Parker to Chelsea. That's simply because we were competing with the very best teams at that time so the transfer felt like a bit of a sideways step.
    Yes we have sold our best players....but we’ve held onto them and fought off interested parties far more aggressively in the past.
    Our multi millionaire owner just flogs them at the whiff of an approach now. That’s what’s different.

Which is exactly what he set out to do at the beginning with Meire giving his game away as early as 2015 in Dublin with her statement that the fans would see promising young players at The Valley before they were sold on to The Premiership (or similar words).
    The Konsa story earlier this evening on TalkSport had Brighton interested as well!!!!
  • Options

Valley11 said:

We've always sold our best players to top teams - you can't stop them from leaving when a top club comes in for them. As long as the club get a good deal then there's no point getting upset about it, good luck to him.

The only time I've ever felt truly hurt by a player leaving was Scott Parker to Chelsea. That's simply because we were competing with the very best teams at that time so the transfer felt like a bit of a sideways step.
    Yes we have sold our best players....but we’ve held onto them and fought off interested parties far more aggressively in the past.
    Our multi millionaire owner just flogs them at the whiff of an approach now. That’s what’s different.

Which is exactly what he set out to do at the beginning with Meire giving his game away as early as 2015 in Dublin with her statement that the fans would see promising young players at The Valley before they were sold on to The Premiership (or similar words).
    The Konsa story earlier this evening on TalkSport had Brighton interested as well!!!!
    Well potentially it's better if several clubs are interested, as that ought to push the price up

That was the curious thing with Gomez, apart from the discrepancy over what the price was, there was the complete lack of interest from any other club other than Liverpool.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

If this doesn’t happen today, I know I am going to look rather silly. But so be it, I can only say what I have been told/know. Just hope things have gone smoothly and he will be our player soon, be it today or another day.

Keep the info coming @sage

Always sensible and qualified and sans silly boasting when you are proved correct.
    Thanks Henners, just know how things can look and seem when things haven’t gone as someone expects or says it will go - some people might jump on that, I’ve have seen it enough with Airman and RedHenry and others putting information out there for them to get negativity back. But it’s what makes this forum so good and interesting too.
    Sage wouldn't need to boast when he gets it right coz I doubt he has everything he posts or predicts dismissed or questioned by the condescending club - let me know if u want me to find out more on this
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Well Konsa will be going up north then!
  • Options

Well potentially it's better if several clubs are interested, as that ought to push the price up

It's only better for the parasitic president, if he achieves a better price. None of that money will filter down.
    Clutching at straws here; the only glimmer from supposed more interest, is that the retarded old reptile will try to play them off against each other (cos I know business, huh) delay any possible transfer with his feeble fumbling, miss the deadline and CAFC gets to keep an extra body in the squad til season's end. It would serve the cancerous cretin damn right too.

• Options

It's only better for the parasitic president, if he achieves a better price. None of that money will filter down.
    Clutching at straws here; the only glimmer from supposed more interest, is that the retarded old reptile will try to play them off against each other (cos I know business, huh) delay any possible transfer with his feeble fumbling, miss the deadline and CAFC gets to keep an extra body in the squad til season's end. It would serve the cancerous cretin damn right too.

Another hope is that RM does not pass any offer on and just keeps reporting to Rolly that no offer has been made yet, and tells the agents that he has had no response from the owner.

KM and RM managed it with the Varney approach so should work.
  • Options
    It doesn't mention us, but i wonder if we'd be interested in loan deal for Adam Le Fondre.
    https://t.co/lHaxkjQdna
  • Options
    Southbank said:

I'm amazed that anyone on here seriously thought that we were realistic about promotion with just big Josh and Doodoo as our only strikers when the last window closed. Anyone thinking we'd still be in the mix looking for a couple of reinforcements in Jan were clearly clutching at straws. Even without the takeover halting any signings in the Jan window this is never the best time to strengthen the squad - that should have been done in the summer and the fact that it wasn't is proof of RD's arrogance and lack of ambition.

SDAddick said:

Keeping hold of Konsa is more important for me than getting Kalkai. He sounds like a lovely player, but Konsa will be incredibly difficult to replace in a week. And if he's loaned back then it'd be better to have him in the squad. Having both him and Kalkai would be ideal, but I'm willing to settle for plan b at the moment.

My team when everyone's fit:
    Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer DaSilva
    ........ JFC Kashi
    Fosu Reeves Mavididi
    ........... Magennis

Bench: Phillips, Pearce, Sarr, Dijksteel, Aribo, Marshall, Zyro

Probably forgetting someone, and hopefully Zyro can challenge Josh for a starting spot, but expect he'll need to be eased in to things coming back from a long injury lay off.

But that looks a bloody strong team.

On what planet is Reeves better than Aribo?
    Reeves is a player who has done it at this level for many years. When played through the middle against Bury he looked very good, and I thought he started well Saturday before being moved to the right.

Aribo is in a wonderful bit of form. I hope that continues. But it seems clear that his role is at the base of the midfield, not as a 10. And that has worked well for him, it let's him put himself about a bit and make those great delayed runs into the box. But I think it's him and JFC competing for the same spot at the moment. I think they want to take up very similar positions, which makes them playing together kind of awkward. And Kashi's defending let's the other midfield pivot have a lot more freedom.
  • Options

It doesn't mention us, but i wonder if we'd be interested in loan deal for Adam Le Fondre.

Always been an admirer of him... Good Footballer especially at our current level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can someone change the thread title seeing as Kaikai hasn't signed?
  • Options

Not been decent in years.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PopIcon said:

1 Goal in 18 this season- Get him in!

He on average scores 12 goals a season... He's just another Mag.

• Options

Why didn't we go in for Nadir Ciftci from Celtic ? The 25 year old Turk plays with passion and is a striker in more way than one. Had a really good spell at Dundee United two seasons ago. He apologized for placing his hands around the throat of a Referee and would also add some bite to our attack.

LOL. A fave of mine but is mainly played as a winger but big enough to be a decent striker. Now at Motherwell. Turks have a unique passion that we interpret as "loosing it". He has a history of similar transgressions.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

PopIcon said:

We wish Mag will score 12 a season!
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

PopIcon said:

We wish Mag will score 12 a season!
    You're right, he averages 10 a season... think this year he may fail!
  • Options
    So - no KaiKai update then? Looks like it isn't going to happen...
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

So - no KaiKai update then? Looks like it isn't going to happen...

If money is tight then I wonder if our priorities might have shifted to looking at a known centre forward. Perhaps the Kaikai signing is dependent on what else is going on although I doubt the player or Palace will wait too much longer if indeed it is us pfaffing about.

• Options
    I have heard from a Palace employee that it is off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is he a Wolves supporting mate too?

• Options

Not rubbishing him as would like to sign him but we do have plenty of wingers.

Also saves our last loan position for Konsa or A N Other.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Is he a Wolves supporting mate too?

I have no idea what you are talking about. The only Wolves fan I know is Murray.
  • Options

Any reason given?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Any reason given?

Too far north from Crystal Palace
  • Options

So should we downgrade this Kaikai signing to 'imminent'?

Or to "Andy Delort"?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Any reason given?

I suppose he was desperate for a job?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Any reason given?

We tried but just couldn't get it over the line (again like x67 previous attempted transfers).

Probably down to the money available & wage costs