Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Serious cash for Roland. We won't see any of it but if it makes him sell up sooner then I'm all for it.
  • Brighton would be a better move for Ezri but I would imagine that won't be a seaon-long loan back to us. They'll need him straight away.
  • Have to agree I'm not that bothered about Konsa going. When everyone is fit based on current ability I'd have Pearce as first choice and it's then close between Konsa and Bauer. If he was going to stay I'd put Konsa ahead of Bauer just to aid his development but there's really not much in it.
  • Who cares...it's all going in Roland's piggy bank.
  • I normally get really worked up and annoyed that our youngsters leave, really couldn't give a toss about Konsa though, he just isn't that good

He's not better than Gomez, not even equal to him, but he's certainly at least a potential Championship centre back. I think League 1 is his level for now.
  • 8m is a great fee but who cares as its going into RD's pocket. Cant see KR getting any funds to spend.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn't necessarily believe the numbers quoted as it could be bumped up a bit from papers, hopefully if its the nail in Douche's coffin a payoff so he can go then good riddance. No offence to Konsa but i would take that, we wont see any of it regardless of the price so a leaving present for Mr D.
  • I would bite anyones hand off at that price. Think of the rebuilding we could do with just half of that money. Oh, hold on..... #intorolandspocket
  • J BLOCK said:

sam3110 said:

8m is mental

Gomez would have been worth 20-25m based on that in todays market

That Gomez deal that thick head negotiated is up there with the worst things she’s done while with us
    The £8m figure suggests Konsa hasn't got a release clause in his contract, whereas I thought Gomez did have one(?)
  • Valley11 said:

Brighton would be a better move for Ezri but I would imagine that won't be a seaon-long loan back to us. They'll need him straight away.

He'll be a sub at best. I can't see why Brighton are interested in him, surely in their position, if they buy someone, it has to be a player who's ready for the PL now. The "Big 6" type clubs are different, they can afford to gamble on potential
  • If RD pockets the money from Konsa's sale as anticipated, I can take that if it means he's more willing to accept a realistic offer for the club.
  • https://t.co/vez1y5YRZu

“Konsa set to stay at Charlton as teams balk at 5 million fee”

Good news if true, hopefully new owners by then who will keep him, or reinevest his transfer fee.
  • Valley11 said:

Brighton would be a better move for Ezri but I would imagine that won't be a seaon-long loan back to us. They'll need him straight away.

He'll be a sub at best. I can't see why Brighton are interested in him, surely in their position, if they buy someone, it has to be a player who's ready for the PL now. The "Big 6" type clubs are different, they can afford to gamble on potential
    Not likely to command massive wages/he should increase in value as he gets to his peak/lots of potential/useful to have if they get relegated (which is well on the cards). Brighton have been spending a lot for a few years now....perhaps they'll try to buy an experienced defender for this season too.

• Sponsored links:

• Konsa is a decent Championship player but not good enough for the Premiership (at the moment). His main attribute is his pace - he got us out of trouble last Saturday when he cut in front of one of the players to stop a breakaway towards the end of the game.

£8m is insane but as previous posters have said its more likely to be £4m plus add-ons. I would be sad to see him go, but I think we have cover there until the end of the season & who knows what will happen then.
  • J BLOCK said:

https://t.co/vez1y5YRZu

“Konsa set to stay at Charlton as teams balk at 5 million fee”

Good news if true, hopefully new owners by then who will keep him, or reinevest his transfer fee.

5 million is far more realistic than 8 million.
    If konsa being sold speeds up Roland selling then bring it on.
  • I wonder if a £5m to £8m payment into Roland's back pocket might be enough to clear the log jam we are in with the potential buyers?

@Redhenry and others have said that there is a gap between what Duchatelet wants and what the two parties (who've completed due diligence in October and more recently) are prepared to pay.

So would £5m/£8m plus the £20m to £25m (Guesstimates from me not ITK numbers) the preferred bidder has put on the table to enough to make Mr Duck Tape sign on the dotted line, feck off back to St Truiden and never trouble us again?

Discuss.

I genuinely have no idea. Would be nice.
  • edited January 2018
    £8m. Chris Powell built a title winning squad on less than £1m. Imagine what could be achieved if even a fraction of any money raised from selling Konsa went back into the squad.
  • Simonsen said:

J BLOCK said:

sam3110 said:

8m is mental

Gomez would have been worth 20-25m based on that in todays market

That Gomez deal that thick head negotiated is up there with the worst things she’s done while with us
    The £8m figure suggests Konsa hasn't got a release clause in his contract, whereas I thought Gomez did have one(?)
    Gomez did have one. It had to be included to get him to sign a pro deal at 17.

24 appearances later, his agent told Liverpool about the clause and the rest is history.
  • £8m. Chris Powell built a title winning squad on less than £1m. Imagine what could be achieved if even a fraction of any money raised from selling Konsa went back into the squad.

We are dealing with a deluded tosser though who knows far more than us.
  • Konsa is a decent Championship player but not good enough for the Premiership (at the moment). His main attribute is his pace - he got us out of trouble last Saturday when he cut in front of one of the players to stop a breakaway towards the end of the game.

£8m is insane but as previous posters have said its more likely to be £4m plus add-ons. I would be sad to see him go, but I think we have cover there until the end of the season & who knows what will happen then.

I'm not sure he's even a decent Championship player at the moment, I couldn't see him playing 40 games at CB for Derby or Villa this season, he's not physically strong enough

This will come, but he's nowhere neat the finished article yet
  • edited January 2018
    Valley11 said:

Who cares...it's all going in Roland's piggy bank.
    Exactly - it might as well be 50p ...we ain’t seeing a penny of it.

That said, it’s it’s £8m closer to Roly f@cking off, then so be it.