Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Well if there are well on clauses then we would likely get the money.
  • Options

Who really cares what he sells for (or what he is worth) if we lose the player and Roland keeps the money.

About 72m then?
  • Options
    Are Kent Live real? I mean, do they actually have reporters?
  • Options

Who really cares what he sells for (or what he is worth) if we lose the player and Roland keeps the money.

About 72m then?
  • Options
    Knowing how RD's mind seems to work, selling Konsa for £5mill probably adds £10mill to the asking price
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He said he had never hear of Kaikai as well.

Expect him to sign tomorrow!
  • Options
    If KaiKai signs on loan and then we sell Konsa but get him back on loan as KR wants, that will be 6 loan players, we are only allowed 5 in matchday squad, so who gets left out? and if Konsa is on loan and has to play, who would miss out, Pearce or Bauer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Some prem teams crack me up, they go and sign a foreign player for 15-20mill, doesn’t settle in England, can’t hack the pace and physicality. But yet balk at 5mill, for a young up and coming CB?

Like others have said, I’d rather him stay, as the money will only go one way.
  • Options
    Konsa definitely gets in the team if everyone is fit.
  • Options
    Bauer & Konsa for me.
  • Options
    Pearce and Bauer. Pearce and Konsa second choice. Pearce and Sarr third.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If KaiKai signs on loan and then we sell Konsa but get him back on loan as KR wants, that will be 6 loan players, we are only allowed 5 in matchday squad, so who gets left out? and if Konsa is on loan and has to play, who would miss out, Pearce or Bauer?

Unless of course we sign Kaikai on loan meaning that’s our 5, and arrange a deal with whoever buys Konsa that he leaves in the summer at a price agreed now, therefore it doesn’t go down as a loan and he is still our player until the end of the season...

(No inside knowledge on this, just something I have discussed with people myself)
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Bauer & Konsa for me.

Bang on. That's our best pairing when all CBs are fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _nam11 said:

Pearce is our best CB imo. Can always see a mistake in Bauer? I’d go Pearce/Ez

This^ but the one pairing that doesn't work for me is Pearce and Sarr with the latter very uncomfortable in the RCB position on his weaker foot.
  • Options

Pearce gets in the team every time, if you disagree that he's our best defender then it's purely for his leadership.

Alongside him my first choice would be Bauer and then Konsa (followed by Lennon then Sarr) who I don't rate as highly as most. His level will be far above League One but right now, it's not.

I'd rather Konsa play in the Kashi/JFC role(s).

Pearce has too many fouls in him. I also think his injuries have slowed him down & he's not as good as he was when he first joined.
  • Options
    I cannot big-up a defender whose main quality is holding onto forwards and hoping the ref doesn't blow for a foul.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    For defending against physical teams, Pearce and Bauer would be my choice, as Konsa lacks strength at the moment

For teams with smaller, quicker forwards, Konsa's pace is more of an asset
  • Options

£8m. Chris Powell built a title winning squad on less than £1m. Imagine what could be achieved if even a fraction of any money raised from selling Konsa went back into the squad.

With six days of the transfer window left imagine the last-minute crap we might be forced to sign!
  • Options
    I think Konsa will leave on the last day of the transfer window. Making it impossible to bring in a replacement. Same as it ever was.
  • Options
    Pearce and Konsa for me.
  • Options

£8m. Chris Powell built a title winning squad on less than £1m. Imagine what could be achieved if even a fraction of any money raised from selling Konsa went back into the squad.

With six days of the transfer window left imagine the last-minute crap we might be forced to sign!
    The transfer window is a two-way Street. It’s not just about teams that are trying to buy players it’s also about clubs that are trying to sell them to bring in some cash or reduce the wage bill. If we are buying then there could also be bargains to be had, it all depends upon how desperate each side is and I dont think we (or Roland) are that desperate to sell and given the two loan players we’ve already got this month I think it won’t be the end of the world if we can’t get anybody else in.
  • Options
    Konsa has always looked too casual to me and took too long on the ball, so was that not that bothered about him going. In the last month he seems to have improved a lot in these areas. And his versatily will be a big miss.