Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options

Are Bury still paying Ajose's wages? Don't understand why we agreed to end a season long loan deal if we weren't going to play him or loan him somewhere else.

My thoughts exactly. They loaned him, they need to pay for him. If he's staying, wouldn't be surprised to see a contract termination in the near future.
  • Options

Nicholas said:
    Nigel?
    Moderator, remove this man please!
  • Options
    Seems to bee an underlying happiness there. Almost content.
  • Options
    So Hanlan and Umerah haven't gone anywhere? That leaves us enough backup up front
  • Options
    What's the bloke on the phone in the background saying about Josh? :-)
  • Options

What a waste of talent. He will not play for Everton again.
    It won't be a waste, if they sign him permanently. I hate to say it but RB Leipzig is today a much bigger club than Everton by any rational parameter.

Which shows the power of money. Would that many people really kick up too much of a fuss if we became the second best team in England thanks to some multinational's ackers?
  • Options
    a very useful window - couldn't get it open quick enough for a breath of fresh air, now lets get it shut and start cooking
  • Options
    Glad that’s over - now we can hopefully give it a real go in the last 18 games and maybe, just maybe, have new owners by the Shrewsbury ‘Football For a Fiver’ game on 24 February.
  • Options
    n - nothingshappening??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Nicholas said:
    Why even post this shite, take it down, it’s absolute rubbish and shouldn’t be given air time.
    fair enough, done
  • Options

So Hanlan and Umerah haven't gone anywhere? That leaves us enough backup up front

When does the loan window reopen?
  • Options

When does the loan window reopen?
    There isn’t one anymore. The only loans are to non league clubs now
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

KR's comments from the OS. To be fair, I think both he and Richard Murray have done well.

Charlton Athletic manager Karl Robinson said he was “ecstatic” with the club’s January transfer window.

Speaking before leaving The Valley tonight, he spoke to cafc.co.uk about the club’s signings and his delight at keeping hold of Ezri Konsa.

On the transfer window

"We’re really happy, we’ve got a lot of our young players out on loan playing, we’ve kept our players who are integral to our starting lineup. We’ve brought in three top loans. This is my third transfer window and the money we’ve spent has been very, very minimal. It’s been hard but we’re in a good place and hopefully people appreciate that we’re all working around the clock to achieve what we want to achieve for this football club.

"It’s been a good window. We haven’t spent as much money as some of the other clubs around us but we’ve been very smart and very cute in what we’ve tried to do. We feel we’ve added to the squad. We’ve kept the door locked even though there was a number of people banging on it trying to offer for some of our players. The stance of the football club was that Ezri Konsa would be available at a price. We got offered a number of different deals, it didn’t meet our expectation so everyone was happy for him to stay, none more than me."

On Ezri Konsa

“The young man has been exceptional in the last few weeks, it just shows you that he is destined for the top level, you see that because of the clubs that have contacted us but it also shows our intent that we believe that we’ll stand firm, it’s not like we need to take the money. He’s still here and he’ll be wearing our shirt on Saturday.”

On the loan signings

“They have been excellent. Obviously Stephy is someone that knows the building, he was done right at the start of the window. It seems like a year ago now, it’s only a month, he’s made an immediate impact. Sullay has trained unbelievably this week, I’m really excited about watching him play and Michal is powerful and quick and gives us a different dimension for what we are trying to achieve. We had a bid today for one of our strikers, I won’t say who but unless we’re in a position to bring somebody in, we’re not going to do anything. The football club have turned down a number of different things over the last 48 hours, I’m very thankful for that, for everyone involved who has stood by our principles.

On keeping key players

“We’ve managed to keep our assets and we believe we’ve brought in some very good loan players. Did we want to going and spend money on one or two players? Yeah, but you can’t have everything can you but I’ve stood here many different times disappointed through missing out on a deal. I’m stood here today ecstatic that we’ve turned deals down and that puts us in a very, very good place and I am very happy and that’s very rare that you get a manager saying that today and it’s a good place to be.”

On the current squad

“The players have been excellent Monday and Tuesday this week, off the back of a disappointing weekend not being able to play. Today has been a very busy one. I don’t feel great, I’ve had a cold for 24 hours but certainly tonight I’m over the moon that we’ve managed to keep what I believe is the future of maybe playing at the top level of our game. You’ve got other assets as well. It doesn’t take a genius to understand the likes of Tariqe – who is an exceptional talent. You’ve got a lot of other players there, Joe Aribo, Jake Forster-Caskey, some top, top players here that are assets, Anfernee Dijksteel as well. Karlan on loan, to develop him is an asset. Always at a football club you’ve got to have that production line in place.

Not a bad window but are we just pretending we didn't sell our best player?
  • Options
    Well done Robbo, RM and all connected with the club for a very good window. Even RD for not selling key players. Thank you for that. I hope it is a leaving present.

I think we are a stronger and more exciting side. Roll on Saturday and don’t disappoint.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

KR's comments from the OS. To be fair, I think both he and Richard Murray have done well.

Charlton Athletic manager Karl Robinson said he was “ecstatic” with the club’s January transfer window.

Speaking before leaving The Valley tonight, he spoke to cafc.co.uk about the club’s signings and his delight at keeping hold of Ezri Konsa.

On the transfer window

"We’re really happy, we’ve got a lot of our young players out on loan playing, we’ve kept our players who are integral to our starting lineup. We’ve brought in three top loans. This is my third transfer window and the money we’ve spent has been very, very minimal. It’s been hard but we’re in a good place and hopefully people appreciate that we’re all working around the clock to achieve what we want to achieve for this football club.

"It’s been a good window. We haven’t spent as much money as some of the other clubs around us but we’ve been very smart and very cute in what we’ve tried to do. We feel we’ve added to the squad. We’ve kept the door locked even though there was a number of people banging on it trying to offer for some of our players. The stance of the football club was that Ezri Konsa would be available at a price. We got offered a number of different deals, it didn’t meet our expectation so everyone was happy for him to stay, none more than me."

On Ezri Konsa

“The young man has been exceptional in the last few weeks, it just shows you that he is destined for the top level, you see that because of the clubs that have contacted us but it also shows our intent that we believe that we’ll stand firm, it’s not like we need to take the money. He’s still here and he’ll be wearing our shirt on Saturday.”

On the loan signings

“They have been excellent. Obviously Stephy is someone that knows the building, he was done right at the start of the window. It seems like a year ago now, it’s only a month, he’s made an immediate impact. Sullay has trained unbelievably this week, I’m really excited about watching him play and Michal is powerful and quick and gives us a different dimension for what we are trying to achieve. We had a bid today for one of our strikers, I won’t say who but unless we’re in a position to bring somebody in, we’re not going to do anything. The football club have turned down a number of different things over the last 48 hours, I’m very thankful for that, for everyone involved who has stood by our principles.

On keeping key players

“We’ve managed to keep our assets and we believe we’ve brought in some very good loan players. Did we want to going and spend money on one or two players? Yeah, but you can’t have everything can you but I’ve stood here many different times disappointed through missing out on a deal. I’m stood here today ecstatic that we’ve turned deals down and that puts us in a very, very good place and I am very happy and that’s very rare that you get a manager saying that today and it’s a good place to be.”

On the current squad

“The players have been excellent Monday and Tuesday this week, off the back of a disappointing weekend not being able to play. Today has been a very busy one. I don’t feel great, I’ve had a cold for 24 hours but certainly tonight I’m over the moon that we’ve managed to keep what I believe is the future of maybe playing at the top level of our game. You’ve got other assets as well. It doesn’t take a genius to understand the likes of Tariqe – who is an exceptional talent. You’ve got a lot of other players there, Joe Aribo, Jake Forster-Caskey, some top, top players here that are assets, Anfernee Dijksteel as well. Karlan on loan, to develop him is an asset. Always at a football club you’ve got to have that production line in place.

So good that he's played around 15 mins for his new side. I agree that we let a permanent signing go & only brought in loanees but who knows what a change of ownership might bring & if come August we've managed to buy a attacking midfielder to replace Holmes then no real loss.

I said about a week into the transfer window that Konsa wouldn't leave & very pleased that we only let one player leave (who probably angled for a move in any case) and have added a much needed boost to our front line, even though I still don't think we have a "proper" striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

On the transfer window

On Ezri Konsa

On the loan signings

On keeping key players

On the current squad

I wonder what striker the offer was for?
  • Options

Davo55 said:

On the transfer window

On Ezri Konsa

On the loan signings

On keeping key players

On the current squad

I said about a week into the transfer window that Konsa wouldn't leave & very pleased that we only let one player leave (who probably angled for a move in any case) and have added a much needed boost to our front line, even though I still don't think we have a "proper" striker.
    We still have Nicky Ajose.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Davo55 said:

On the transfer window

On Ezri Konsa

On the loan signings

On keeping key players

On the current squad

We still have Nicky Ajose.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15902124.charlton-striker-nicky-ajose-set-for-loan-move/

According to this, Bury are still paying his wages. I assume contractually they'll have to do so, unless we found him another loan side or actually played him in a match. He could be facing a few months watching from the sidelines if that's the case!
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Davo55 said:

On the transfer window

On Ezri Konsa

On the loan signings

On keeping key players

On the current squad

I wonder what striker the offer was for?
    Magennis................by Bolton.
  • Options
    Happy with the way this deadline has come and gone. Technically stronger with pace to burn by the sound of things. And now with a few spare bodies back at the training ground in Umerah, Hanlan and dare I say it Ajose. However, I can see us cancelling the latters contract in the coming days. We just need them all to stay fit now and the play offs are realistic.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I feel relieved. And like others, this tells me that a sale really is close to done. No way RD turns down £4-6M if he was staying.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure that if they cancel Ajose's contract outside of the transfer window,that he will not be able to officially sign for another club until after the season has ended.So unless it was cancelled yesterday he can only play for us this season which I cant see happening.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Happy with the way this deadline has come and gone. Technically stronger with pace to burn by the sound of things. And now with a few spare bodies back at the training ground in Umerah, Hanlan and dare I say it Ajose. However, I can see us cancelling the latters contract in the coming days. We just need them all to stay fit now and the play offs are realistic.

His contract has to be terminated before the window closes to allow him to sign for another club.
  • Options
    Perhaps the prospective owners all put a value on Konsa, say £4M, by which they would reduce their bid price if he was sold. Thus RD would have to put a (much) higher price on Konsa's head to make it worthwhile him selling. That price wasn't reached so he stayed.