Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    There seems to be fluctuations of 10% odd every couple of days at the moment.  10% up and then two/three days later, 10% down.  Is this typical of a bear market? 
    It’s sideways movement. Neither bear nor bull. 
    Ta.  So basically, it just is and we wait and see
  • Options
    I have no idea how to read charts, but to me since May it looks like a gradual downward trend. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    There seems to be fluctuations of 10% odd every couple of days at the moment.  10% up and then two/three days later, 10% down.  Is this typical of a bear market? 
    This is what I don't get.

Surely the tactic has to be to try to make 10%-ish every couple of days?

If there is such a pattern in a volatile market, these largish fluctuations are what you should capitalise on. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

If there is such a pattern in a volatile market, these largish fluctuations are what you should capitalise on. 
    For me personally, I am too inexperienced to trade.  I bought a spot rate on btc and others, and I have to wait and see if I get any profit again.  I knew the risks and I will have to wait and see
  • Options
    Are we watching a shift :-) 

it is my understanding weekend red is more typical of bear, weekend green bull…..
  • Options
    cabbles said:

it is my understanding weekend red is more typical of bear, weekend green bull…..
    I was just coming on here to say its nice to see a bit of green at the weekend for a change.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    cabbles said:

I was just coming on here to say its nice to see a bit of green at the weekend for a change.
    Still green! Wonder if BTC can break $36,000? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    cafcpolo said:
    cabbles said:

Still green! Wonder if BTC can break $36,000? 
    Monday’s are the new Sundays 

gone down again, more sideways movement 

• Options
    Just curious how many on here hold Cryptos as a long term investment and how many trade? 
  • Options
    Just curious how many on here hold Cryptos as a long term investment and how many trade? 
    I hold mine long term. The hope being in 5 years the investment I am making now (basically the money I save from not having to travel into work all the time) will make me more then if it sat around in a savings account. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hold mine long term. The hope being in 5 years the investment I am making now (basically the money I save from not having to travel into work all the time) will make me more then if it sat around in a savings account. 
    Interesting to see which cryptos have a long term future. A long term hold seems the most sensible investment?

• Options
    Interesting to see which cryptos have a long term future. A long term hold seems the most sensible investment?

Well I certainly guess it's the most sensible if the crypto you hold continue to increase in value over the long term ha ha.

I hold BTC, ETH, ZIL, ADA, DOT, LINK and as of right now my portfolio is a cool -28.36% down. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

That tactic is used by people with large investments to play with.  The challenge, or course, is to sell the top and buy the bottom./

If you had 10k to invest and only made 5% per week (which is only getting it right 50% of the time) 500 is still an excellent return on investment for a short period of time.  It's all in the timing of course, but there is a lot of money that COULD be made off swing trading instead of long term hodl. 
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

That tactic is used by people with large investments to play with.  The challenge, or course, is to sell the top and buy the bottom./

If you had 10k to invest and only made 5% per week (which is only getting it right 50% of the time) 500 is still an excellent return on investment for a short period of time.  It's all in the timing of course, but there is a lot of money that COULD be made off swing trading instead of long term hodl. 
    Exactly.  And this is why, to my mind, you might choose to get involved in a volatile market.  Those weekly swings of 10% or so don't happen elsewhere.

For those who are holding a portfolio of cryptos, I'd be interested in seeing how much of the total Bitcoin is responsible for.

Is it fair to say that Bitcoin gains are offsetting the loss with others? 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    BalladMan said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

Exactly.  And this is why, to my mind, you might choose to get involved in a volatile market.  Those weekly swings of 10% or so don't happen elsewhere.

For those who are holding a portfolio of cryptos, I'd be interested in seeing how much of the total Bitcoin is responsible for.

I guess it will depend on when you started investing. For me BTC is my biggest holding, followed by ETH. At the moment ETH is the one making my portfolio not be complete awfulness. 

ZIL which is third on the other hand is my worst performer and is 52% down :'(
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    BalladMan said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

I guess it will depend on when you started investing. For me BTC is my biggest holding, followed by ETH. At the moment ETH is the one making my portfolio not be complete awfulness. 

think i read somewhere ZIL is one of the only alts with a worse YTD performance than bitcoin.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    BalladMan said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

think i read somewhere ZIL is one of the only alts with a worse YTD performance than bitcoin.
    Yep, glad I went with it. 😩
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    BalladMan said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

*mid-high cap alts. Obviously there's been a bunch of rug pulls.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    BalladMan said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:

Does not fill me with hope - especially when at the time of investing for me it was a choice between ZIL or QNT.

Still, many people seem to think its very undervalued, so fingers crossed it can continue to grow. ETH bridge getting closer might help, but I'm doubtful. 
  • Options
    Didnt take profit yesterday, but moved my stop into profit and got stopped out overnight on bitcoin, ethereum looks better for me now, whilst bitcoin is ranging like this the only profitable thing to do is scalp and i dont have the time to do that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zil will come good 
  • Options
    When BTC is going sideways like it has for he last few weeks, it's better to just sit on your hands and do nothing and wait for the next climb up.  It is VERY likely (although noting is certain) to happen, but unless you have time on your hands to really invest in technically analysis, its seems very likely you'll get burnt in this type of market.

I have only been involved in crypto for 9 months now, but this sideways activity proves to me the only way to play crypto is to take profit on the way up.  Goes up 10%, take 10% profit out.  Repeat until it tops out and then sit on your hands and wait again.  
  • Options
    What's all this Nonce Finance about?
  • Options
    What's all this Nonce Finance about?
    Nonce is a cryptographic term, however idiot Americans didn’t google the word and now it’s gone viral here in the uk. Crypto Twitter then was split between British crypto Twitter that said it was absurd and stupid they called themselves that and non British crypto Twitter (hilariously) thought there’s no problem with it. 
  • Options
    Thought I'd share this with you Crypto guys as I thought it interesting.  A bank sent me an email with its updated T&Cs.  Buried some way down was this:
    Old clause:
    6.12 You, and any additional cardholder, must not use your card or card details:
    - for an illegal purpose.
    - after the expiry date shown on the card.
    - after we have told you not to make new transactions.
    New clause:
      6.12 You, and any additional cardholder, must not use your card or card details:
    - for an illegal purpose.
    - for a gambling transaction (unless you are buying a National Lottery ticket or other society lottery tickets and/or you are making the transaction in person at a retail store) or to trade in cryptocurrencies.
    - after the expiry date shown on the card.
    - after we have told you not to make new transactions.                                                                                                                                      
  • Options
    Which bank is that @cafcfan?

• Options
    I can’t help but think that there is still a bit of market manipulation at play to stop btc breaking resistance and climbing higher.  Imo, those that control and want traditional finance to remain, are doing everything and anything they can to stop crypto becoming more popular, and scaring off retail investors
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Virgin Money.  I think (but I'm not sure) it just applies to credit cards.  (But they wouldn't work for trading anyway would they because of the merchant's fee?)
    Although it is now reported in the FT that Barclays has banned UK customers from making card payments to Binance.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Rothko said:

Virgin Money.  I think (but I'm not sure) it just applies to credit cards.  (But they wouldn't work for trading anyway would they because of the merchant's fee?)
    Although it is now reported in the FT that Barclays has banned UK customers from making card payments to Binance.
    another reason to drop barclays and go with monzo or starling, before the crypto banks hit our markets next year. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Rothko said:

another reason to drop barclays and go with monzo or starling, before the crypto banks hit our markets next year. 
    Starling have a pretty shitty attitude to Crypto