Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    So the consensus is don’t get nervous, hold.
    I would think so for btc, because if you’re down as much as Prince e Paul is, then what’s the point of selling at -45% (that’s not a dig btw).  However if you look at some of the others in his portfolio (again, just using him as an example as I reckon his portfolio will be similar to a lot of others), some of those other coins may not get back to anywhere near what they were worth.  Just my opinion 

Also, far too many coins imo.  No way all of these coins can serve a viable purpose to make money on 
  • Options
    So the consensus is don’t get nervous, hold.
    generally, yes. Iirc i saw a statistic that no one whos held for more than 200 weeks has ever been out of profit on btc.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    If you’re a gambling man, buy some Luna and hope it doesn’t go to zero lol. Insane volatility today 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The financial markets have been over heating because the fed have been printing money like there’s no tomorrow. This printing will need to stop otherwise inflation will get out of control. But if the fed stops printing, the markets crash. If the fed keeps printing, interest rates rise and these ridiculously indebted and over leveraged markets crash, so either way ………… we’re in for a crash. Once it does, crypto’s will be be all the rage again……. timing will be everything.
    Reverse Repo purchases are up over $700 Billion daily, that’s crazy and is a good indicator of what’s just around the corner.
    posted last June.....just took a little longer............. Reverse Repo's up to $1.8 Trillion now, so this crash may still have some way to go......... getting in at the bottom is the difficult bit.
  • Options
    Keeping an eye on realt - they buy properties and tokenise them, so you get a share of the rent. https://realt.co/

Theyve got one going on sale in a couple of hours, min spend $50 of ETH. 
    Interesting concept this, so looked into the property coming up on sale..... looked a bit run down, so looked a bit more........ seems it houses child sex offenders all listed on the Michigan sex offender registry!

Not for me.

The company behind it has a fairly decent Trustpilot review/rating though.
    They can call the units whatever they like, tokens, pieces of paper called units/shares or portions of  an elephant. But in my opinion, this is nothing more than an unregulated collective investment scheme (UCIS). As such it would be illegal to promote this to anyone in the UK other than sophisticated/high net worth individuals. Their web site should make this clear.

In theory run-down properties in dodgy areas are not a bad thing. The yield is better for the iffy end of the market. Back when I used to work for a living I shut down several property-based ucis.  Despite being illegal in the UK, their business concept looks good. But in practice they rarely made a profit. Guess what? People in dodgy rental properties sometimes prefer to spend their funds on things other than their rent.

It is also interesting that according to a google search the rental yield in the US is about 3%. (Gross) So, just how do you take out management fees and make the sort of money this outfit are claiming? 

I've seen these schemes in property, forests, whisky, wine, ostriches, etc, etc. They all have one thing in common. None of the people that get rich are the mug punters.
  • Options
    No sign of the drop stopping at the moment.. But I am going to stick with my $100 a month for at least another 6 months, and see what happens.. 

• Options
    I'm not touching what I've got, and not buying, as I suspect there is going to be more bleeding to come, trying to buy the bottom of this dip is a mugs game, let it find the floor first
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    No sign of the drop stopping at the moment.. But I am going to stick with my $100 a month for at least another 6 months, and see what happens.. 

I'm doing the same - DCA baby. Trying to time the bottom is probably a bad idea?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

I'm doing the same - DCA baby. Trying to time the bottom is a bad idea.
    Same. I have a plan, and still do, to essentially get to 1 ETH, 0.3 BTC, 50 QNT and then take stock and go from there. 

Might use this massive crash to diversify and start picking up some DOT and ATOM. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    How's your portfolio holding up?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Don't start him off again 🤣 🤦
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    So… bought some Luna at $2 thinking the worst was over and maybe a 3x or 4x… they since minted 40 billion Luna tokens to save the peg of ust (it didn’t work) and 1 Luna is now worth 0.02 lol. Never mind! 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    If only there was a project with a stablecoin backed 1:1 with a real US dollar that you could redeem instantly into your bank account… 👀 
  • Options
    Dead cat bounce?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
     Michael Portfolio is a Tory, I am not the sort to hold him up even Dick Turpin style.
    I wouldn’t want to consciously breathe air around him.
    I have decided to make a non fungicide donation to distressed  
    crypt losers.
    Here you go:

2+2=4

No need to thank me,
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
     Michael Portfolio is a Tory, I am not the sort to hold him up even Dick Turpin style.
    crypt losers.
    Here you go:

2+2=4

No need to thank me,
    Man who uses the internet still can't get his head round basic computer science principles.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    crypt losers.
    Here you go:

2+2=4

No need to thank me,

• Options
    People who use words still can’t get their head round the meaning of basic literature like Waiting for Godot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    People who use words still can’t get their head round the meaning of basic literature like Waiting for Godot.
    You've literally only come on this thread to troll - you don't even seem to understand the basic arguments you're making, if you even are trying to make any arguments that don't involve personal attacks. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    You've literally only come on this thread to troll - you don't even seem to understand the basic arguments you're making, if you even are trying to make any arguments that don't involve personal attacks. 
    I think you will find that today you started with the personal attacks.
  • Options
    Erm, this you? @seth plum
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    crypt losers.
    Here you go:

2+2=4

No need to thank me,

• Options
    @seth plum : "You can't make money from mathematics"

He says, typing on the internet, on a smartphone. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    crypt losers.
    Here you go:

2+2=4

No need to thank me,

Yes it is. Nothing personal whatsoever, there are people who have lost money in cryptocurrency.
    You are the one initiating personal digs.
  • Options
    @seth plum : "You can't make money from mathematics"

He says, typing on the internet, on a smartphone. 
    You quote something I didn’t write.
    My brother is a retired Maths teacher so I know you can make money from mathematics.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    crypt losers.
    Here you go:

2+2=4

No need to thank me,

Yes it is. Nothing personal whatsoever, there are people who have lost money in cryptocurrency.
    who are you calling crypto losers? Why make that comment? It's clearly a dig at people who post on this thread.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    crypt losers.
    Here you go:

2+2=4

No need to thank me,
    Man who uses the internet still can't get his head round basic computer science principles.
    Is that one of Confucius’s sayings?
  • Options
    The manager thread.
    The rumours thread.
    The HoC threads.
    The Sandgaard threads.

And now this one 😂 is there anywhere bicker free at present?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    crypt losers.
    Here you go:

2+2=4

No need to thank me,

who are you calling crypto losers? Why make that comment? It's clearly a dig at people who post on this thread.
    You are wrong. People have lost money on crypt so they are losers.
    You have interpreted it as those with cryptocurrencies are losers as people.