Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    Is anyone still mining Pi?  I keep forgetting, get the odd alert and do it.  They’ll probably be more established once they have to drop the adverts that come through on their app as soon as I’ve mined 😂
  • Options
    MattDee said:
    Took a large chunk of my bitcoin back out last year so that I could put a deposit down on a bungalow.

Managed to stack CRO consistently for the last year using my CRO card.
    My effective cashback when you include the CRO price rise is something like 7% on all purchases I make.

Recently put £5k (most of the CRO) into M-Share/MMF Liquidity Pool and its generating £80 per day in interest. Volatile, but bonkers returns. Currently 580% APR or 39,000% APY.
    Also get 12% on the CRO and 5% on the Bitcoin.

Sold up out of Eth and decided against building a Sol stack as well.
    Are you happy with crypto.com as a user experience? Fluidfi.ch are looking to be a competitor to crypto.com and revolut and still a micro cap. Price isn't moving much but marketing is about to take off, they're launching physical cards in the next 2-3 weeks to account holders. Very excited and use it as my on/off ramp to crypto. They use arbitrum which is rumoured to have an upcoming airdrop which could be very juicy as well. 

Bitcoin has been extremely volatile today. Managed to scalp with it for the most part today!
  • Options
    MattDee said:
    Took a large chunk of my bitcoin back out last year so that I could put a deposit down on a bungalow.

My effective cashback when you include the CRO price rise is something like 7% on all purchases I make.

Recently put £5k (most of the CRO) into M-Share/MMF Liquidity Pool and its generating £80 per day in interest. Volatile, but bonkers returns. Currently 580% APR or 39,000% APY.

Are you happy with crypto.com as a user experience? Fluidfi.ch are looking to be a competitor to crypto.com and revolut and still a micro cap. Price isn't moving much but marketing is about to take off, they're launching physical cards in the next 2-3 weeks to account holders. Very excited and use it as my on/off ramp to crypto. They use arbitrum which is rumoured to have an upcoming airdrop which could be very juicy as well. 

Bitcoin has been extremely volatile today. Managed to scalp with it for the most part today!
    Not anymore lol, im about to lose an absolute ton of money after whats happened this week.
  • Options
    What's happened this week (in the crypto world)?
  • Options
    Anyone make a 'Otherside' purchase ? Fp coming down still, at 2.5 eth I might pick up a plot 
  • Options
    Haven't been following, but what was the reason for the big drop over the weekend? Looks like it is picking up towards the end of this week... 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    MattDee said:
    MattDee said:

Not anymore lol, im about to lose an absolute ton of money after whats happened this week.
    App.fluidfi.ch

6% apy and upwards coming soon. Debit cards about to be released. Mobile app coming soon. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Haven't been following, but what was the reason for the big drop over the weekend? Looks like it is picking up towards the end of this week... 
    stocks in free fall, bitcoin affected but not as much as tech stocks.

this weekend ust (terra stablecoin) depegged, terra and ust is backed by BTC not usd. This is causing a cascade effect. 

Honestly things could go hella down or hella up from here. Lots of longs being placed which either means bears are about to get fucked or bulls are gonna get liquidated and there’ll be capitulation. Either way best to sit in stables for now in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Started Feb 21. Not sold anything in over a year. Hodling everything. Even with 80% losses on some shite I'm about 20% down overall. In CL Crypto thread I trust. 
  • Options
    Started Feb 21. Not sold anything in over a year. Hodling everything. Even with 80% losses on some shite I'm about 20% down overall. In CL Crypto thread I trust. 
    in all liklihood we're about to hit a bear market, if we haven't already. So either stable up or just DCA into your preferred cryptos. We're not going to see $60k for another 2/3 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    in all liklihood we're about to hit a bear market, if we haven't already. So either stable up or just DCA into your preferred cryptos. We're not going to see $60k for another 2/3 years.
    This is what I’ve been doing for months and months now. But part of me feels like this is going to go a lot lower, and although I’m not trying to catch the bottom - if I skip a few months and then continue to DCA in a higher amount then it might not be a bad idea. 
  • Options
    There's a new crypto called Snack which, along with all kinds of other initiatives, has just tied up with Espanyol in Barcelona offering fans the way into crypto currency and allowing them to use it as payment for tickets, merchandise etc. Be interesting to see if other outfits are looking at deals with football clubs. If so, I guess CAFC would be a long way down the queue!
  • Options
    This is what I’ve been doing for months and months now. But part of me feels like this is going to go a lot lower, and although I’m not trying to catch the bottom - if I skip a few months and then continue to DCA in a higher amount then it might not be a bad idea. 
    You could DCA into stables, get decent APY for staking them (more than you would stuck in a bank account) and then put those in to other cryptos in a few months/year or two.
  • Options
    You could DCA into stables, get decent APY for staking them (more than you would stuck in a bank account) and then put those in to other cryptos in a few months/year or two.
    Outside of BTC and ETH, what would you be looking at as stables?
  • Options
    Outside of BTC and ETH, what would you be looking at as stables?
    stablecoins - as in coins/tokens that are pegged to a currency like the dollar.

USDT, USDC and UST are the popular ones. UST gives decent returns when staking but imho is asking for trouble using algorithmic stablecoins. Price wont go up, but price wont (in theory) go down - you can then stake them and earn interest on them - more than you would having them in a bank account.
  • Options
    Ust depegged… this is going to get extremely messy. BTC is going to crash, and a lot of people are going to lose a fuck load of money that they thought was safely in a “stablecoin”
  • Options
    was a definite top signal at the time imo. Will be interested to see what happens to crypto.com
  • Options
    Purchased a deed for Otherside yesterday. Interested to see how it plays out, might get another if it drops to 2eth. 
  • Options
    Keeping an eye on realt - they buy properties and tokenise them, so you get a share of the rent. https://realt.co/

Theyve got one going on sale in a couple of hours, min spend $50 of ETH. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ust depegged… this is going to get extremely messy. BTC is going to crash, and a lot of people are going to lose a fuck load of money that they thought was safely in a “stablecoin”
    What sort of levels do you think it might drop to?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Keeping an eye on realt - they buy properties and tokenise them, so you get a share of the rent. https://realt.co/

Interesting concept this, so looked into the property coming up on sale..... looked a bit run down, so looked a bit more........ seems it houses child sex offenders all listed on the Michigan sex offender registry!

Not for me.

The company behind it has a fairly decent Trustpilot review/rating though.
  • Options

Interesting concept this, so looked into the property coming up on sale..... looked a bit run down, so looked a bit more........ seems it houses child sex offenders all listed on the Michigan sex offender registry!

Not for me.

The company behind it has a fairly decent Trustpilot review/rating though.
    holy shit lmao. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    btc? Could go down further to like $20k, but expecting a bounce before then probably. Luna is dead, UST dropped to $0.27 this morning... that's a token that's meant to be pegged to 1 dollar in price. Luna will go down to dead levels and then might return from the grave in the next couple of years... maybe. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    btc? Could go down further to like $20k, but expecting a bounce before then probably. Luna is dead, UST dropped to $0.27 this morning... that's a token that's meant to be pegged to 1 dollar in price. Luna will go down to dead levels and then might return from the grave in the next couple of years... maybe. 
    Yeah btc.  I appreciate you don’t have a crystal ball but you’re very knowledgeable in general in this space so was curious to see what you think the bottom may be

I haven’t put any money back in since needing it all last year for my deposit on my house.  What I did have I got extremely lucky with by getting out at $57k.

Hope those that came in on the $60s just hold and don’t panic 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Yeah btc.  I appreciate you don’t have a crystal ball but you’re very knowledgeable in general in this space so was curious to see what you think the bottom may be

I haven’t put any money back in since needing it all last year for my deposit on my house.  What I did have I got extremely lucky with by getting out at $57k.

Hope those that came in on the $60s just hold and don’t panic 
    100% did the right thing, hindsight is 20/20 though obviously. 

Probably put some money back into bitcoin in a year or two. You’ll then probably be able to forever be in profit if you choose to hold.

Or in the meantime you can stack some satoshis and eth and your favourite alt coins that are slowly building something useful. Lemme dig out a good twitter thread about some nft airdrops on arbitrum in a sec - think it might also give you access to a bigger share of any arbitrum token airdrop. 
  • Options
    Here it is

This olimpioCrypto seems to have his finger on the pulse when it comes to airdrops. Remember any airdrops could make you liable to CGT... at the price that they've been airdropped to you. So if they airdrop you $1k and the worth then goes to 0... you're still liable for the $1k etc. 
  • Options
    Here it is

This olimpioCrypto seems to have his finger on the pulse when it comes to airdrops. Remember any airdrops could make you liable to CGT... at the price that they've been airdropped to you. So if they airdrop you $1k and the worth then goes to 0... you're still liable for the $1k etc. 
    cheers - and yes, was absolute luck on my part.  No skill, no foresight, simply that we found a place to buy and the money I had in btc was needed.  I would imagine I would be like a lot of other people now had we not needed it, nursing a loss 
  • Options
    Bitcoin 44% down on a year ago. Pretty much tells the story. I think I'm about that down across the board since boarding the Crypto train in FEB 2021. It was fun while it lasted. Sadly my profits have always been overshadowed by losses. 'Only invest what you can afford to lose' was the mantra on here and so it became. Glad I didn't stick my house money on it.

I'm still sticking with everything. 
    These are what I'm hodling and figures since my investment. 
    Bitcoin - Down 45%
    Ethereum - Down  17%
    Internet Computer -  Down 87%
    Shiba -  Down 55%
    Ankr - Down 77%
    Yearn Finamce - Down 63%
    AMP - Down 80%

Not the most sound investment figures. "He who dares" as Del Boy used to say, may not be the most sound advice in Crypto......we shall see. 
  • Options
    So the consensus is don’t get nervous, hold.