Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Mentioned chain link earlier in this thread when one link was about 50 cents. Anyone buy in? 1 link is now = $14.05 and has a big future with YFI/link and now regarded as one of the shining lights of crypto.

Got my eyes on OCEAN - still low enough market cap at the moment to make big gains in the upcoming “alt season” and a price of only around 40 cents per OCEAN.
    What happened to Vechain mate? I dont think I dare look....
    I wouldn't if I were you  :/  
    I got them back to my average buy price and then converted to ADA
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Mentioned chain link earlier in this thread when one link was about 50 cents. Anyone buy in? 1 link is now = $14.05 and has a big future with YFI/link and now regarded as one of the shining lights of crypto.

Got my eyes on OCEAN - still low enough market cap at the moment to make big gains in the upcoming “alt season” and a price of only around 40 cents per OCEAN.
    What happened to Vechain mate? I dont think I dare look....
    Think it’s doing alright? Certainly remains one of the best and most practical projects in crypto. 

Chart isn’t looking too bad, found support after mooning a bit and retracing a few weeks ago, and on its way up again. 

Anyone involved in any defi projects? YFI/link and Thor chain look the best projects 
  • Options
    Nearly sold my ethereum yesterday at what would have only been a slight loss. The problem was I couldn't connect my Ledger Nano S to my Macbook! New cable on order. Missed a high as ethereum dropped overnight!
  • Options
    Not touching this again, got burnt horrendously last time I went in. This looks like a bull trap to me but it would take a very brave man to short bitcoin
  • Options
    Nearly sold my ethereum yesterday at what would have only been a slight loss. The problem was I couldn't connect my Ledger Nano S to my Macbook! New cable on order. Missed a high as ethereum dropped overnight!
    bitcoin is touching all time high, ethereum is only halfway back to all time high, ethereum traditionally takes a week or two to follow the same path as bitcoin. I'd hold on to your bags a bit longer.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Not touching this again, got burnt horrendously last time I went in. This looks like a bull trap to me but it would take a very brave man to short bitcoin
    Bitcoin is hitting resistance levels, it'll hit it and go down a couple or even a few times, but if it keeps going it's going to break out of that, after that it'll be a fucking steamroller, you'll then get people FOMO'ing in, which will then be a top signal imo, once the market starts dipping again after that I reckon that's it for the bull market for another couple of years or so. But that will be in a few months time. Until then we have an alt season to look forward to (in which idiots like me 10x their bags last time). 

Even if bitcoin retraces back to $14k, you could still very well make the argument this is a bull market and this was a simple correction (which tbf, would be true - bitcoin was at approx $2,000 back in february).
  • Options
    one thing i learnt from last time, if you're gonna buy in, buy in on an exchange and set a stop loss. Whatever happens you then won't lose much if you're wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    100% in on bitcoin, not diversified at all except for 1 rental property. Up 400% at the moment.
    Minimum 100k per BTC before I sell some for a deposit on a house. Some I plan to sell if the S2FX model plays out end of next year (and then begin diversifying), and will retain the last 50% for the next cycle (2025)

First bought back in 2013 however didnt really start building my portfolio until 18 months ago

• Options
    MattDee said:
    100% in on bitcoin, not diversified at all except for 1 rental property. Up 400% at the moment.
    Minimum 100k per BTC before I sell some for a deposit on a house. Some I plan to sell if the S2FX model plays out end of next year (and then begin diversifying), and will retain the last 50% for the next cycle (2025)

First bought back in 2013 however didnt really start building my portfolio until 18 months ago

Nice! Do you do any trading to max out your returns? Or just HODL?
  • Options
    I'm too late on Bitcoin, hence the investment in Chainlink, Cardano and Tezos, made money on Chainlink, think I'll be up long term on Cardano in a big way, and Tezos, it has the potential to be decent, but It might be the loss, but outweighed by the other too. 

If Bitcoin goes and goes, then the other two will be dragged up by it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Rothko said:
    I'm too late on Bitcoin, hence the investment in Chainlink, Cardano and Tezos, made money on Chainlink, think I'll be up long term on Cardano in a big way, and Tezos, it has the potential to be decent, but It might be the loss, but outweighed by the other too. 

If Bitcoin goes and goes, then the other two will be dragged up by it 
    You’re never too late on Bitcoin, my friend. Alts only really go up after bitcoin’s had a breakout and then found support. Alts tend to sharply dip when Bitcoin is on a rally as everyone’s fomo’ing into the rally (as well as trading against Bitcoin rather than usd). In theory best thing to do is be in on Bitcoin, ride the rally and put your profits into alts. But of all the alts to be all in on or at least be passively investing in - chain link is the one. Ocean is probably gonna have a similar pathway as chain link imo. Like chain link, it solves a problem no one has thought about or even attempted to solve.
  • Options
    I doubt I'll dip back in on link, Ocean might be the next opportunity, but the two I'm in are doing a bit of passive work staking at the moment, and are safe havens while I'll check my options. Ada getting to $1 will be financially rewarding, and above that pure gravy
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I doubt I'll dip back in on link, Ocean might be the next opportunity, but the two I'm in are doing a bit of passive work staking at the moment, and are safe havens while I'll check my options. Ada getting to $1 will be financially rewarding, and above that pure gravy
    link is still quite down on its all time high, no doubt it'll go to $50 in a few months time when alt season comes rocking.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    link is still quite down on its all time high, no doubt it'll go to $50 in a few months time when alt season comes rocking.
    Not at the £2, I brought originally at. I'm comfy with what I've got, I might buy little slices of Bitcoin on an exchange and sit on it
  • Options
    Anyone here looked much into Polkadot?
  • Options
    MattDee said:
    Anyone here looked much into Polkadot?

I had a girlfriend back in the 60's who used to wear an itsy witsy, teeny weenie, yellow polkadot bikini.

Hope that helps :):smiley:
  • Options
    My UTK is suffering.  They are very volatile and sore!
  • Options
    Finally hit 1m ZIL. Now my biggest bag. Retiring in 5yrs when that hits $1.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    mate of mine has about 100,000 of them, plus 7,500 links and 50,000 Ada, he wants to retire by 50, and thinks one will come in
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    cafcpolo said:
    mate of mine has about 100,000 of them, plus 7,500 links and 50,000 Ada, he wants to retire by 50, and thinks one will come in
    I'll be amazed if one of them doesn't! The three you mention are my biggest but ZIL by quite some margin. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    holy shit dude, nice. Was thinking of staking some switcheo, i think they have a partnership with Zil, thoughts?
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Rothko said:
    cafcpolo said:
    I'll be amazed if one of them doesn't! The three you mention are my biggest but ZIL by quite some margin. 
    out of interest, did you trade to accumulate? Or did you have a lot of capital to put in to begin with?
  • Options
    My mate used a big slice of a redundancy package to fund it.

I used what I would have spent on travel at the start of lockdown 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Rothko said:
    My mate used a big slice of a redundancy package to fund it.

I used what I would have spent on travel at the start of lockdown 
    cool, i only had a small amount back in 2017 that grew more than 10x and then lost it all in the bear market, as i mentioned before, my initial investment was then recouped by LINK. I've now done quite well business wise this year (with expenses going down due to lockdowns), was thinking of putting in a manageable amount that i can afford to lose, but armed with what i know from last time and actually learning about risk management and technical analysis i hope i'm better equipped this time round.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Rothko said:
    cafcpolo said:
    out of interest, did you trade to accumulate? Or did you have a lot of capital to put in to begin with?
    Invested about 5k in total over the last 3/4 years. Got stung when the market dropped but took the chance to buy in low.

Biggest wins have been trading but I do also mine and stake ZIL. Also had a huge win on a pump n dump on a shitcoin (sorry, not sorry). Came across that on a random telegram group I was in.
  • Options
    Still hold a bit of Zilliqa from a couple of years back and it is a project I really like. have toyed with buying more but keep telling myself to stop being an idiot. I got burnt horrendously on HPB, think I'm long up to about $3.85 and its trading at 13 cents 😩
  • Options
    I hope nobody tips off Private Eye about this thread. They’ll start a new column called CryptoPseuds Hackathon, and reproduce all these posts, one at a time..

;) 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Rothko said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Invested about 5k in total over the last 3/4 years. Got stung when the market dropped but took the chance to buy in low.

Biggest wins have been trading but I do also mine and stake ZIL. Also had a huge win on a pump n dump on a shitcoin (sorry, not sorry). Came across that on a random telegram group I was in.
    Need to get involved in crypto telegrams, I follow a bunch of crypto twitter accounts which is where the trading community seems to be (learnt a shitload since doing that).

any telegrams you recommend? 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Rothko said:
    cafcpolo said:

Need to get involved in crypto telegrams, I follow a bunch of crypto twitter accounts which is where the trading community seems to be (learnt a shitload since doing that).

any telegrams you recommend? 
    I was on Cointelegraph, Bitcoinist, Altsignals & someones who I follow on twitter (Oly245). Never reinstalled the app after getting a new phone though, so not sure how active they still are. They were good at the time though, Altsignals was probably my favourite.

As for Switcheo...Don't know much about their fundamentals, but they do have tie ins with ZIL yeah. Believe they built their ZilSwap platform and think they're building / have built a bridge between ZIL / ETH for cross trading. Think they had a hand in the ZIL / Binance backed stable coin as well.
  • Options
    Just bitten the bullet and bought some XRP and ZIL