Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton vs Blackpool

Comments

• Options

mogodon said:

That's 10,000? Seriously looks like 6,000 at best.
    10k, more than 1 in 3 seats occupied, take away the JS stand, means nearly every other seat being used. No way looking at the photo.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Derek1952 said:

Bring back Chris Powell and let him pick the players he wants,might put some belief and pride in Charlton.

Lovely man though he is, he was also wedded to a formation and often lacked a plan b. Because it was 4-4-2 he got away with it. But when you look at what he's done since leaving us, it has been sideways if not backward.

Again, club legend. But I don't think that he's the answer to all of our woes.
    He won League one with 101 points, had us finish 9th in the championship with a Fiver, then got the sack because we couldn't repeat the success.
    It’s a dead argument as the bloke is too principled to come back and work under this miserable bunch of c*nts.

It’s an insult to him and his achievements to even start to try and compare him to the Scouser.
    I didn't do that though, did I? I didn't say he's better than Robinson. Or that I have "network heroes" better than him. I just said I don't think he's the answer to all our woes.
  • Options
    It was like watching Charlton play Charlton today Blackpool were so bad, they'd get some good moves together then their striker would blaze over or fall over or... and when they kept possession most of the time they just passed it around among themselves with no penetration.

Blackpool were terrible. We weren't much better. Play offs? You're having a laugh. 1 point in December. For all the alleged experience we had among some players, it was Aribo who shone and the other kids did alright.

KR is deluded if he thinks we're going to get someone who can score in next month
  • Options

We are going nowhere without a more positive approach and 2 natural goalscorers,

Soooooo, we are not going anywhere.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Can't be bothered to read past page 3. The wrist slashing demeanour of our lot keep repeating the same old same! It wasn't great but I seriously doubt Wigan (who look invincible) would fair any better with the number of first team players missing. With no Holmes, Fosu, Clarke and JFC is it any wonder we are not creating/scoring. And playing such an inexperienced defence missing Bauer, Solley & Pearce, is it any wonder mistakes are made and we eventually concede.
    Come on people, get a grip!!

This number of injuries can't be solely down to luck can it? Maybe we don't have enough depth, maybe we don't rotate our players enough, maybe players missing out on pre-season (Reeves and Best) isn't ideal?

It's also ridiculous to go into September with one senior striker. We're supposed to be going for promotion, that wouldn't be good enough for a team aiming to stay up.
  • Options
    The measure of a good side is how well they face up to poor refereeing decisions, injuries and other unforseen negatives; right now we are proving we are not a good side.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Piss of Robinson. Your time is up. You tried to suck off Roland and Katrien as did Slade, Peters, Luzon on the other desperate losers. However you were left short and now your paying the price. No excuses anymore, walk away and tell everyone how shit the owners are. You won’t though because you desperate shite manager that will take anything you can get like the other wankers.

So which players should have played instead then from our huge squad? How is it the managers fault that we have no depth in the squad? This problem is down to the owners and lack of squad depth, etc.

So if it was Robinson’s fault then name me a manager that could have prevented Lapslie from giving the ball away every time he kicked it? Yes I agree it’s too early for him but we had no one else!

From what your post states you are claiming that Robinson has had enough backing from the owners and it’s his fault entirely........ok mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Can't be bothered to read past page 3. The wrist slashing demeanour of our lot keep repeating the same old same! It wasn't great but I seriously doubt Wigan (who look invincible) would fair any better with the number of first team players missing. With no Holmes, Fosu, Clarke and JFC is it any wonder we are not creating/scoring. And playing such an inexperienced defence missing Bauer, Solley & Pearce, is it any wonder mistakes are made and we eventually concede.
    Come on people, get a grip!!

This number of injuries can't be solely down to luck can it? Maybe we don't have enough depth, maybe we don't rotate our players enough, maybe players missing out on pre-season (Reeves and Best) isn't ideal?

It's also ridiculous to go into September with one senior striker. We're supposed to be going for promotion, that wouldn't be good enough for a team aiming to stay up.
    But as I mentioned in the Updated Squad list thread, we have a 25 man first team squad, the same as premier league teams. Maybe a bit more quality in depth but that is difficult to achieve in league 1
  • Options
    Thought we played some decent stuff in first 45 but missed our chances. Second half we were hopeless and sat back far too deep - lucky to get a point in the end.

Marshall was very poor and the Sarr-Konsa pairing didn't work. On the basis of what I saw from Lapslie it must rank as one of the worst performances I've seen - he really looked dreadful.

Reeves did some good stuff including an amazing pass to Da Silva in the first half.
  • Options

Pantomime season is well & truly underway in S E London with the man in black , AKA "Dick" Busby - Whittington, ensuring he was the main character at the finish of today's matinee performance.

The Fairy Godmother waved her magic wand late this afternoon to conjure a free kick out of nothing for the Tangerines and the rest is history..a draw that the Seasiders barely deserved.

After a decent first half with both highs & lows for the home side, our enforced changes appeared to be less of a problem than most of us feared before kick off. Indeed, the young guns, on the whole, did themselves proud with Joe the cream of the crop against a mediocre Blackpool eleven. With his team mates seemingly frightened of carrying the ball forward any distance, our young player appeared full of confidence as he made his way to within shooting distance of our opponents' goal & finished off the move with apparent ease. However the downside is that Roland will no doubt be rubbing his hands already in anticipation of yet another late Xmas present to himself....More chances were there for the taking when it seemed easier to miss than to score but this side doesn't "do" easy, it seems.

The second half saw a more spirited approach from the away team who began to exert their strength against our less robust players with Reeves especially shrugged aside with worrying ease. I felt Leon was showing some decent attributes & enjoying a better afternoon than he'd previously had but around the hour mark, he went down & failed to recover form the knock. Wouldn't you just know it ? Karlan replaced him and didn't disgrace himself but all the time, Blackpool were making life more difficult for us whilst posing more threats at the other end.

Although I still cannot see what Marshall offers to our team, I wasn't happy to see him replaced by young George at this stage of what was clearly now a tight game. Whilst he did exchange sublime close passes with Joe soon after his introduction, he was unable to make any further impact although it was great to witness his debut and his time will come....Roland permitting.

So, eschewing the usual happy ending to the Xmas fairytales we're used to viewing, the inevitable happened a minute into the 5 of added time as 5pm approached, sending the faithful home disappointed but not totally surprised. With the news of Wigan's exploits at Oxford today, we have to wonder whether our trip next Friday will be an ill advised one and we'll be travelling more with hope than expectation. But that's what we do....

Whilst we inevitably bemoan the inability of our lads to finish off the opposition by taking the chances created, and whilst we acknowledge the ridiculous amount of injuries to key players at this moment in time, it's crystal clear wherein the crux of our situation lies.....and why our manager is forced to rely on players barely out of our Academy with little hope of replenishing the squad this season. No prize for correctly answering that question.

Health, happiness & a degree of prosperity for us, our families and friends is top of my Xmas wish list to Santa.

I bet you can guess the second one.....

( And it's not a half year season ticket)

I think Lapslie came on up at Rochdale earlier in the season? Or was it Oldham?
  • Options
    If you can't beat Blackpool at home you don't deserve the playoffs
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Wigan won 7-0 away to Oxford. We are going to struggle to make the playoffs. RD, KR and half the team can f@ck off as far as I’m concerned. Supporting Charlton in League 1 is a living nightmare. When will it end?

When we are in League 2
    I bet Orient thought that a few years ago
  • Options
    Bollocks..... Buzzing for Aribo though
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    JamesSeed said:

Pantomime season is well & truly underway in S E London with the man in black , AKA "Dick" Busby - Whittington, ensuring he was the main character at the finish of today's matinee performance.

The Fairy Godmother waved her magic wand late this afternoon to conjure a free kick out of nothing for the Tangerines and the rest is history..a draw that the Seasiders barely deserved.

After a decent first half with both highs & lows for the home side, our enforced changes appeared to be less of a problem than most of us feared before kick off. Indeed, the young guns, on the whole, did themselves proud with Joe the cream of the crop against a mediocre Blackpool eleven. With his team mates seemingly frightened of carrying the ball forward any distance, our young player appeared full of confidence as he made his way to within shooting distance of our opponents' goal & finished off the move with apparent ease. However the downside is that Roland will no doubt be rubbing his hands already in anticipation of yet another late Xmas present to himself....More chances were there for the taking when it seemed easier to miss than to score but this side doesn't "do" easy, it seems.

The second half saw a more spirited approach from the away team who began to exert their strength against our less robust players with Reeves especially shrugged aside with worrying ease. I felt Leon was showing some decent attributes & enjoying a better afternoon than he'd previously had but around the hour mark, he went down & failed to recover form the knock. Wouldn't you just know it ? Karlan replaced him and didn't disgrace himself but all the time, Blackpool were making life more difficult for us whilst posing more threats at the other end.

Although I still cannot see what Marshall offers to our team, I wasn't happy to see him replaced by young George at this stage of what was clearly now a tight game. Whilst he did exchange sublime close passes with Joe soon after his introduction, he was unable to make any further impact although it was great to witness his debut and his time will come....Roland permitting.

So, eschewing the usual happy ending to the Xmas fairytales we're used to viewing, the inevitable happened a minute into the 5 of added time as 5pm approached, sending the faithful home disappointed but not totally surprised. With the news of Wigan's exploits at Oxford today, we have to wonder whether our trip next Friday will be an ill advised one and we'll be travelling more with hope than expectation. But that's what we do....

Whilst we inevitably bemoan the inability of our lads to finish off the opposition by taking the chances created, and whilst we acknowledge the ridiculous amount of injuries to key players at this moment in time, it's crystal clear wherein the crux of our situation lies.....and why our manager is forced to rely on players barely out of our Academy with little hope of replenishing the squad this season. No prize for correctly answering that question.

Health, happiness & a degree of prosperity for us, our families and friends is top of my Xmas wish list to Santa.

Unused sub at Oldham @JamesSeed DoDoo came on and scored. Rochdale away is last game of the season.

Oldham 3 Charlton Athletic 4: Amos, Kashi, Jackson, Bauer, Pearce, Clarke (Konsa 79’), Holmes, Fosu, Ahearue-Grant (Dodoo 50’), Forster-Caskey, Solly.
    Subs not used: Phillips, Aribo, Sarr, Lapslie, Hackett
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought we played some decent stuff in first 45 but missed our chances. Second half we were hopeless and sat back far too deep - lucky to get a point in the end.

Marshall was very poor and the Sarr-Konsa pairing didn't work. On the basis of what I saw from Lapslie it must rank as one of the worst performances I've seen - he really looked dreadful.

Reeves did some good stuff including an amazing pass to Da Silva in the first half.

I don’t get the Sarr criticism on here. One or two misplaced passes yes, and was it his weak clearing header that ultimately led to their goal?But most of the time he was perfectly ok. He’s just a scapegoat figure for some of you.

Reeves I think is too lightweight for this league.

I doubt we’ll see Lapslie again for a long time, if at all.

And for anyone saying the players don’t care, the pitch was littered with prone bodies after the final whistle. It was as if they’d lost an FA Cup final.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I have never seen a player look more inept - the ball just bounced off him, he kept losing possession and physically he wasn't up to it. Maybe it was an off-day but he just looked lost .
  • Options
    We are shockingly bad. That was yet another game in which the opposing keeper did not have to make a single save in the entire second half. We are at home, 'attacking' the Covered End. Not one single save. That is inexcusable.

A neat goal from Aribo in the first half, and a couple of probing runs from him. That's all. Our midfield is hopelessly weak: Reeves pirouettes back into trouble with every move; Marshall is unable to get past a defender.

We all know we have no strikers. Magennis is not a goalscorer. Just look at Leon Best's career stats and wonder why on earth he was signed. We should buy two proper strikers and coach a partnership in a 4-4-2 formation. It will take a full summer, and another manager, at least.

Meanwhile, we simply don't have the faintest chance of scoring the goals to secure a play-off place.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Duly edited with thanks, JS.
  • Options

E=mc2 said:

Donkey ride anyone - now half price! Situated rear of West Stand!

Is the donkeys name Katrien
    Yes.

Incompetence
  • Options

stonemuse said:
    I don't know what he thinks is going to happen in January.
    NHS budget cuts lifted and all our players miraculously get fit
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    mogodon said:

So officially the attendance was 10,172 with 209 Blackpool fans there ... an identical attendance to the game v Wigan in September incidentally. Did it seem that many to anyone there today? Certainly not from this picture ...

And we know in the past two seasons the figures have assumed 100% turnout by season ticket holders, but with their numbers in decline, how did Daisy arrive at this number today?

Meire wasn’t in her seat. I assume she has gone home for Christmas, which I don’t begrudge her. In fact, I’d be glad if she stayed there for Easter.

As for the crowd, there were just over 6,000 Charlton fans against Rochdale. I’d guess there were a few more today, so let’s say 7,000.

How is this possible? Quite likely a third of season ticket holders would be missing given all the circumstances. Not sure how many comps were issued but a bloke walking away who I didn’t know gave me two about 2.45pm.
  • Options

mogodon said:

So officially the attendance was 10,172 with 209 Blackpool fans there ... an identical attendance to the game v Wigan in September incidentally. Did it seem that many to anyone there today? Certainly not from this picture ...

And we know in the past two seasons the figures have assumed 100% turnout by season ticket holders, but with their numbers in decline, how did Daisy arrive at this number today?

Meire wasn’t in her seat. I assume she has gone home for Christmas, which I don’t begrudge her. In fact, I’d be glad if she stayed there for Easter.

As for the crowd, there were just over 6,000 Charlton fans against Rochdale. I’d guess there were a few more today, so let’s say 7,000.

How is this possible? Quite likely a third of season ticket holders would be missing given all the circumstances. Not sure how many comps are issued but a bloke walking away who I didn’t know gave me two about 2.45pm.
    Did he have duct tape on his shoes ?

:smile:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

Unused sub at Oldham @JamesSeed DoDoo came on and scored. Rochdale away is last game of the season.
    Yup you’re right. Just remembered him jogging up and down the touchline.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Missed the live stream, as crashed...
    Up 4am to read the thread, cuppa, Derby doing their bit, 1 up, brilliant youngster frolicking through Blackpool meadows - all is blond.
    Then we miss, and miss again, and again, and no, it's not an omen but to quote John Cale 'I keep a close watch on this heart of mine'...
    And the cat gets nervous and the minutes are ticking faintly as if from deep within an abandoned bag at a Tel Aviv cinema in the seventies. my cat made it out on time, John Cale didn't.
    Merry Christmas to you all Addicks...
    https://youtu.be/PEk4zY-6P-k