Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton vs Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Posted elsewhere by @Charltonparklane :

Do this bunch of players want to go up?

Serious, we'd need 16 new players to compete in bottom half of championship.

None of them would be involved.

Maybe Holmes at a push and anyone mention Kashi and your deluded.
  • Options
    Still in the play offs which shows how much of a joke this league actually is.

We are now only 10 points clear of earlier relegation candidates Gillingham and 11 points behind 'promotion rivals' Shrewsbury. Go figure
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Robinson pretty much got who he asked for this last window. And now he wants another window to make up for his mistakes?
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Bring back Chris Powell and let him pick the players he wants,might put some belief and pride in Charlton.

One minor obstacle, the Belgians still own us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Dissent is obviously not being tolerated tonight.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    So officially the attendance was 10,172 with 209 Blackpool fans there ... an identical attendance to the game v Wigan in September incidentally. Did it seem that many to anyone there today? Certainly not from this picture ...

And we know in the past two seasons the figures have assumed 100% turnout by season ticket holders, but with their numbers in decline, how did Daisy arrive at this number today?
  • Options
    I feel sorry for Robinson because of the injuries but he needs to pick a team capable of winning games, not trying to fit 11 men into a 4-2-3-1 formation every week

He could easily have played 4-3-3 today with Jackson protecting aribo and reeves in the middle with kag joining best and magennis up front. We might have had a shot in the second half
  • Options
    Stig said:

I wouldn't worry about Charlton having to spend time thinking about life in the Championship under the current management. Life in League Two in a couple of years maybe ...
  • Options
    Disappointing but hardly surprising seeing as I've seen it so many times before. I thought the defence did OK generally, but if you can only manage 1 goal and a few decent efforts against poor teams like Blackpool you are asking for trouble. I know we had some important players missing and hopefully things will improve when we get them back, but these are the sort of games you have to win if you have any realistic chance of making the play-offs.
  • Options
    Second half Ido not think a chance on target. When Best went off it went even less likely to score.
    Good in first half, poor in the second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t feel sorry for Robinson about injuries. He was the one happy to play the same team every week and freeze out players like Aribo. Same as every season instead of bringing on kids like Lapsile when we’re winning 2-0 3-0 we bring them on in desperation. Absolute joke.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Why do we always get this crude, morlock-like stench of unintelligence on here when we don't win.

We are missing 8 key players. We were comfortable for 89 minutes of the game today and had 2 clear chances to score. Yes we conceded in the last minute which is disappointing, but in my view, we were clearly the better side.

The reaction on here is suicidal. We've got people calling for Robinson's head (a suggestion so stupid you should be banned for mentioning it) and others just posting the usual whingy Roland-out tripe.

When players come back, we'll have a much stronger 2nd half of the season. Until then, can we please have some original content.

Except Roland is the reason we can't cope when players are injured.
  • Options
    Cheers @Oggy Red. Makes sense, the BBC stats didn't stack up with all the negativity but I get what you are saying.
  • Options

Why do we always get this crude, morlock-like stench of unintelligence on here when we don't win.

We are missing 8 key players. We were comfortable for 89 minutes of the game today and had 2 clear chances to score. Yes we conceded in the last minute which is disappointing, but in my view, we were clearly the better side.

The reaction on here is suicidal. We've got people calling for Robinson's head (a suggestion so stupid you should be banned for mentioning it) and others just posting the usual whingy Roland-out tripe.

When players come back, we'll have a much stronger 2nd half of the season. Until then, can we please have some original content.

Except Roland is the reason we can't cope when players are injured.
    True though you can also argue that KR should have used some of the squad players players more often. As well as he's done I don't see JFC scoring a goal like Aribo did. Should have had more chances even just off the bench.
  • Options

Stig said:

Dissent is obviously not being tolerated tonight.
    Just trying to tidy things up a bit rather than having dozens of similar threads.