Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton vs Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    Another frustrating afternoon where we should have had the game sown up by half time. Poor second half but with 8, of which 6 are probably automatic choices, does make a huge difference. Some hugely over the top comments on here.
  • Options

Could someone who was there, please explain to me how we had 65% and Blackpool 35% of the game, yet we had 6 shots on target and Blackpool had 11.

Because 90% of our possession is played sideways across the back four.

Other sides clear the ball with a hoof and look more dangerous than us most of the time when their striker is on a 1 v 3.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

So officially the attendance was 10,172 with 209 Blackpool fans there ... an identical attendance to the game v Wigan in September incidentally. Did it seem that many to anyone there today? Certainly not from this picture ...

And we know in the past two seasons the figures have assumed 100% turnout by season ticket holders, but with their numbers in decline, how did Daisy arrive at this number today?

She lied again.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

How the hell are we still in the play offs?!

Don’t worry . We’ll be a good few points off the play offs after the next two games.
  • Options

mogodon said:

So officially the attendance was 10,172 with 209 Blackpool fans there ... an identical attendance to the game v Wigan in September incidentally. Did it seem that many to anyone there today? Certainly not from this picture ...

And we know in the past two seasons the figures have assumed 100% turnout by season ticket holders, but with their numbers in decline, how did Daisy arrive at this number today?

She lied again.
    No shit Sherlock, I utterly despise that apology of a human being.

Just fuck off Pinocchio.. go on, off you go, then that bad smell that's been hanging over the Valley the last 4 years might finally evaporate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We simply cannot defend crosses, we can't stop crosses coming into our box and we have a flapper for a goalkeeper.

If KR and his team can't see what is so bloody obvious then they are not good enough. For fucks sake try something different every team has Sussed us out.

The system we play is a joke with the players we have.

For me Aribo was the only bright spark, no doubt if he keeps up the good work he will be sold in January.

We have a team of bottles who quite frankly are an embarrassment, Blackpool were a very poor team who we couldn't finish off when we had loads of chances in the first half and then couldn't keep a clean sheet against in the final stages.

Our players do not look fit enough to even compete at this shit level.

Fuck off Roland and take the rest of the numpties with you.
  • Options

clb74 said:

The Scouser must go

So OTT
    Clb74 is an attention seeker. Ignore him
  • Options
    seth plum said:

PWR.
    If anybody can build an optimistic scenario from today please go right ahead.
    The entire world, including the worlds in that newly discovered solar system, and all of the wives could see that coming.
    Opposition teams can build for themselves a scenario where they can get something at the Valley against the odds, and make that scenario a reality. We can see the inexorable outcome of a match long before it's denouement, yet seem to surrender to the inevitable, even invite it on.
    Have these guys never heard of row z, or attack being a better form of defence than retreating panic stricken into an inevitable surrender. As for the challenge of set pieces, don't even get me started. It wasn't just the writing was on the wall today, but it was in fifteen feet high banners hanging from every part of the stadium.
    I am not going to blame injuries to the squad for today, but will blame Robinson. You bring on Lapslie (please don't judge him on today folks) for his league debut when we have a two or three goal cushion, not when we are in a game on a knife edge, you certainly don't bring on Kashi and have Aribo move upfield as a result, when he had been digging a nice playing groove where he was, he should have been left alone. The only sensible change was probably KAG for Best because of injury.
    Even today when Sarr was re-inventing Football into a different game, and the inexperiences Djiksteel and experienced Jacko were adjusting to first team football, and when Reeves played like a bloke waiting for a system to suit to be created around him, even today we had enough to win, even today with Best missing a gilt edged first half opportunity we had enough to win. However yet again in Blackpool we had the predictable yet admirable team and manager being canny enough to get sufficient ducks in a row to achieve an away point at Charlton.
    I shall now read the previous posts in the hope somebody has written something positive, even a proper justification for only getting a draw today, and even a reason why under this regime things will get better.
    I heard that Katrien Meire wasn't there today, is that true. if it was really true it is a disgrace because today of all days anybody there would realise that Robinson needs proper full on support, and they would realise the reason why, at what is a crucial stage in the season.
    Sorry folks but feeling very pissed off by today.

The Liar not there today? Perks would have had all the sausage rolls to herself then.

BTW, the pic of her and her bloke on the cover of VOTV today look like they could win the Most Miserable Couple of the Year Award.
  • Options
    Yes very frustrating, but surely we should cut some slack with this injury crises. A report in KentLive made the comparison in which Tottenham were to play without Alli, Dembele, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Dier, Kane and Son - or Arsenal without Ozil, Xhaka, Sanchez, Koscielny, Lacazette, Maitland-Niles and Monreal. Let’s face it, none of us could do our jobs as efficiently if half our equipment went missing.

That said, I thought we still had a shout against a very poor Blackpool side. The youngsters did ok with Airbo and Dijksteel doing particularly well. Unfortunately Best missed a couple of sitters and Sarr (despite his ability) made another costly mistake, I think he has problems concentrating.

A bone of contention for me at the moment, is our so called marquee signings who continue to under perform. Marshall seems to continually wander off out of position and Reeves is just not the player we were promised.

I never expected a football feast today given the circumstances. I’d have loved a scrappy win, but it wasn’t to be. That’s Charlton.
  • Options
    Sigh

One of those games, where Leon Best could been a hero, his overall play was very good, the ball stuck to him well, and he stretched their defence causing them a few problems. he had 2 golden chances, and should have scored at least one of them, while Josh also missed a sitter. We should have been 3-0 up at half time.

Instead, Best gets our obligatory injury per game, and our attacking prowess fades

Blackpool had got into dangerous positions, but kept fluffing it, eventually they would score from one. Our defence never looked secure, but some consideration has to be given to the current injuries. ANY team would struggle with 2/3 of the first choice defence out.

Very disappointed with Reeves, he seemed to spend most of his time spinning around, and usually losing the ball. Great goal by Aribo, I've consistently queried why he wasn't being given more game time, whether in the 2 or further up field. Lapslie started well, then seemed overcome by the occasion perhaps...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

That's 10,000? Seriously looks like 6,000 at best.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

0% Top two ........ 28% 3rd-6th ....... 67% 7th-12th ........ 5% 13th-20th .......0% Relegation

100% Roland out

This is about what I think of our chances. I will add that our odds if we get top 6 of getting promoted would be at best 10%, with this squad. I think we would be "one and out."
  • Options
    E=mc2 said:

Donkey ride anyone - now half price! Situated rear of West Stand!

Is the donkeys name Katrien
  • Options
    Where's the clean sheets now jacko
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

clb74 said:

The Scouser must go

I’m not a massive fan of Robinson but there’s only one bloke (and woman) that must go right now.
    We cannot chop and change again. He needs more time. If say ten games into next season we are not improved then may be look at the situtation. Keeping him right now is more pragmatic than not keeping him.
  • Options
    150 to 1 on us going down just saying
  • Options
    Negative, Boring, high possession percentage stat again but then you will have when you keep passing the ball across the back and backwards. Our players first instinct when they receive the ball is to pass back, just so boring, We are going nowhere without a more positive approach and 2 natural goalscorers,
  • Options

Negative, Boring, high possession percentage stat again but then you will have when you keep passing the ball across the back and backwards. Our players first instinct when they receive the ball is to pass back, just so boring, We are going nowhere without a more positive approach and 2 natural goalscorers,

And Konsa is the biggest culprit of that . At least Sarr tries to play the ball forward all be it not always successfully
  • Options
    Where's the clean sheets now jacko

clb74 said:

The Scouser must go

So OTT
    Manamana
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Brilliant. So not even through December and the only plan the manager has is to try to con referees into decisions. If that's Plan B we have to fear plans C, D and E.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Well earned point - over to you

Don't feed Bertie with his lol troll
  • Options

clb74 said:

The Scouser must go

So OTT
    RIP Leon