Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton vs Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    Could someone who was there, please explain to me how we had 65% and Blackpool 35% of the game, yet we had 6 shots on target and Blackpool had 11.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    A shame we could not hold out for the win.

It is possible we may only return a point from our next two games which will then probably see us outside of the play-offs.

Could this then see a slide to mid table nothingness?
  • Options

Could someone who was there, please explain to me how we had 65% and Blackpool 35% of the game, yet we had 6 shots on target and Blackpool had 11.

Because they are two different things.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2017
    Would be interested to see what the official attendance was & the estimates of people attending.
  • Options

Team of chokers. Worse than Arsenal. Questions need to start being asked of the manager.

Well, yes the 2 division gap and trophy haul would suggest that
    Very true.
  • Options
    vff said:

What was the official attendance & estimates of people there ?

21,591, Katrien said so, so it must be true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My post before the game;

"We should still have enough to beat Blackpool, but think it'll be a sloppy game and can see a 1-1 draw or fingers crossed sneak a 2-1 win.

PS, Jackson needs to start - zero leaders out there otherwise."

• Options
    What everyone else said. So predictable. Just sell the club.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Because they are two different things.
    I'm quite aware they are two different things but you expect a team that has had twice the amount of play to be running the game and not have nearly 50% shots less on target. That is why I asked the view of someone at the match.
  • Options

stonemuse said:
    I don't know what he thinks is going to happen in January.
    IT’S HAPPENING!!
  • Options

stonemuse said:
    Burns night?

*although that is a fair way into Jan, not sure if he’ll last that long...
  • Options

stonemuse said:
    The Laundry basket or the sack...??
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    We were really poor today. Not sure why Robinson insists on playing one formation only when it clearly does not work. I would have put Best and Magennis up front instead of Mag out wide.

Sarr unfortunately looks to be getting away with it rather than a changed man. Which is a shame. Some players played well for me: Da Silva, Amos, Aribo, Konsa and Jacko. In fact actually no-one in particular played awful on their own but as a team we were awful.

The main thing is that we didn't really (apart from Aribo for a couple of times) try and run with the ball towards goal as a threat. Lots of players were static for our attacks.

The referee (and linesman on East stand side) were poor but still doesn't excuse how we played. Can't really throw any blame at the Academy kids who played as they were chucked in too soon in my opinion.

Long story short: we didn't play well, we have one tactic and if this continues then I dread to think what will happen.

P.S. Blackpool aren't a very good side either. Wigan are proving why they are top and will win the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last 5 games, Wigan have scored 19 goals and conceded 1.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Surprised he can't wait to sell Konsa and weaken the squad further.
  • Options
    Sparse crowd had to put up with poor football brightened only by a gobsmacking piece of attacking flair by Ariibo and the odd charge by Magennis one of which set up Best only for him to shoot wide. Good to see Jacko giving a solid performance but don’t see the point of Marshall and Reeves who run around a lot and fall over.
  • Options

That's easy ... it took Blackpool only 2 or 3 touches and a long ball to get near our penalty area, before they created a chance and then mucked it up completely.

On the other hand, Charlton play lots of very pretty short tippy tappy sideways balls across the back line - and then, sideways again.
    We might put a dozen short passes together before we even cross the halfway line, before inevitably we lose possession.

Even if possession is retained and we do eventually get near the edge of their box, the build up is so slow; the opposing team now have 10 players behind the ball and we've no idea how to break them down - before inevitably we lose possession. Repeat ad infinitum.

Ever wondered why we score so few goals these days? I don't believe Robinsons has worked out why, either.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    How the hell are we still in the play offs?!