Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton vs Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    Dread Wigan next week.
  • Options
    Depressing thing is that the general feeling of despair is pretty much the same as it was this time last year. God help us if it's the same this time next year.
  • Options
    We needed that second goal because they were always likely to score .
    At the end of the day we are too lightweight. To many tiny players .
    Reeves and Marshal were shocking.
  • Options
    Posted by @Macronate on a (now closed) thread:

First home game I've been to this season.

We are effectively playing with no one up front as far as I can see, not because whoever plays up there is no good but because he is isolated, no help, no forward running midfielders.

Really disappointed, a horrible formation at home.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Depressing thing is that the general feeling of despair is pretty much the same as it was this time last year. God help us if it's the same this time next year.

It's traditional...

Part of the unique football experience of the Duchatelet era.
  • Options
    Best should have taken one of his chances.
    Sarr is a liability. Poor defensive header led to their goal
  • Options
    Posted by @cabbles on the same closed thread:

It’s becoming very stale, very quickly. When we had Holmes, Fosu and Clarke behind a fresh Magennis at the start of the season it looked okay

Now it’s starting to symbolise what is a very rigid mentality that is worrying me for the remainder of the season

KR needs to show some versatility
  • Options
    When are those players coming back it seems they have been out forever.
  • Options
    What we need is..

"A miracle on Floyd road"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus that was depressing
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Was always going to happen. Should have been 3 up by half time. We sit so so deep when we defend. Wasn't a free kick up them for the goal though

Regardless of whether or not it was a free kick we should have defended it a hell of a lot better than we did by the sounds of it!
    What’s the point of commenting if you didn’t see it.
  • Options
    Best thing about that was watching the two youngsters in the East stand showing some dance moves while Reeves was being replaced, who incidentally would get knocked over in the checkout queue at Asda's.
  • Options
    Don't think it was as bad as many are making it out to be. It was predicable, however.

Should have taken our chances.

As far as the rigidity of the 4-2-3-1, I don't know what to say, other than the last time I was at The Valley was three years ago and Jackson was too slow to play in a midfield two then. Magennis actually looked good on the left, and Best looked a real nuisance. Given our injuries we basically picked the fit XI.

Sarr, Konsa, DaSilva, and Aribo did not deserve to be on the losing side. Thought Konsa in particular was absolutely excellent. I know we drew but another one that feels like a loss.

Still lack cutting edge going forward. It's time we address the fact that Marshall, though he works hard, looks scared with the ball at his feet. Reeves clearly has a lot of ability but he looks like he's in pre-season. Aribo provided most of our good moments going forward, including a wonderful goal.

Just have to hope we have Kashi and Holmes fit for Tuesday, and then Bauer and maybe JFC next Saturday.

Injured XI/IX:
    X
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    ........Kashi* JFC
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    .........X
  • Options

Total and utter dross. Two appalling teams playing a big steaming pile of turd of a match. Bored out of my brain for the duration.

Same old shit. Loads of the ball create absolutely bugger all and then concede a farcical equaliser because we can’t defend.

There is no Plan B. That is a huge issue because as far as I can tell Plan A hasn’t been working for the best part 6-7 weeks.

Constantly give the ball away and the lack of attacking threat is shameful. We are so easy to stop playing. Press us and we melt.

Konsa and Sarr poor again, Marshall did nothing, Reeves a waste of a shirt and Best and Magennis won’t score 5 between them by the end of the season.

Poor old Lapslie looked totally out of his depth and his introduction by Robinson was baffling.

Only players to come out of it with any credit Djiksteel, Aribo and Jackson.

The stupid old fool running the club will not invest in January and we will continue to plummet down the table. Can only see a defeat at Southend and an absolute beasting at Wigan.

Keep the faith.

COYR!
  • Options
    So Reeves and Marshall stepped up, then? No? oh

@LouisMend pointed to a poor header from Sarr for their goal, was that right?
  • Options

Total and utter dross. Two appalling teams playing a big steaming pile of turd of a match. Bored out of my brain for the duration.

Same old shit. Loads of the ball create absolutely bugger all and then concede a farcical equaliser because we can’t defend.

There is no Plan B. That is a huge issue because as far as I can tell Plan A hasn’t been working for the best part 6-7 weeks.

Constantly give the ball away and the lack of attacking threat is shameful. We are so easy to stop playing. Press us and we melt.

Konsa and Sarr poor again, Marshall did nothing, Reeves a waste of a shirt and Best and Magennis won’t score 5 between them by the end of the season.

Poor old Lapslie looked totally out of his depth and his introduction by Robinson was baffling.

Only players to come out of it with any credit Djiksteel, Aribo and Jackson.

The stupid old fool running the club will not invest in January and we will continue to plummet down the table. Can only see a defeat at Southend and an absolute beasting at Wigan.

This absolutely baffles me. Thought Sarr and Konsa were good throughout. Throught Dijksteel had moments of real class, but also moments where he showed his youth. Jackson got stuck in but the game passed him by in large stretches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good point. Well pleased.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Why was my thread closed?

Legitimate question about the one up front up home.

Last time I post on here ever*

*I've had a few

So will we all in the next hour or so.