Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views: Charlton vs Blackpool

Comments

• Dont know if its been mentioned and I know we should have defended it better... BUT...

What the hell was the Free Kick given for that led to their goal, when the referee blew for a foul there wasnt a Charlton player within a few yards of the ball

It was an ankle tap. The fella hardly noticed it. But then he decided to fall over.
    I'm sure the referee will learn from his mistake when he watches the replay.
  • It is quite obvious yet again that our opponents are using the same play book when they come to the Valley - perhaps Gobby might wish to reflect why this is always possible whichever 11 players he picks.

As a minimum rather than encouraging his players to fall over he might wish to practice taking and defending corners/free kicks as yet again we were truly awful in both departments. On a positive note one of our strikers got a shot on the right net this week.
  • Some good news, the FF due on the 11th Jan (what a great day that is) has been delayed due to the transfer window
  • stonemuse said:
    I don't know what he thinks is going to happen in January.
    And with the inevitability of a DFS January sale we're supposed to believe things will change for the better on yet another transfer window?

We are just as likely, perhaps more, to see our better players leave the club than KR given enough backing to actually build a decent squad to get us out of this pub league..and I've never been sure he's the man to do that anyway. What a state we are in.
  • redman said:

JamesSeed said:

Thought we played some decent stuff in first 45 but missed our chances. Second half we were hopeless and sat back far too deep - lucky to get a point in the end.

Marshall was very poor and the Sarr-Konsa pairing didn't work. On the basis of what I saw from Lapslie it must rank as one of the worst performances I've seen - he really looked dreadful.

Reeves did some good stuff including an amazing pass to Da Silva in the first half.

I don’t get the Sarr criticism on here. One or two misplaced passes yes, and was it his weak clearing header that ultimately led to their goal?But most of the time he was perfectly ok. He’s just a scapegoat figure for some of you.

Reeves I think is too lightweight for this league.

I doubt we’ll see Lapslie again for a long time, if at all.

And for anyone saying the players don’t care, the pitch was littered with prone bodies after the final whistle. It was as if they’d lost an FA Cup final.
    What!!!!! Your comment re Lapslie is out of order. Are you trying to destroy our youngsters. How old is he? I am sure those who follow our youngsters will confirm he is very talented. IT may be be before his time but to say that is IDIOTIC.
    Lapslie may be a great talent but based on what I saw yesterday he was shocking - fair enough to express an opinion isn't it? It's irrelevant whether he is one of our youngsters or not.

He certainly didn't look ready for first team action yesterday. It didn't appear to be the most intelligent substitution.

I hope he does well in the future.
  • No excuses today. Should never have took Reeves off for George. Reeves was the only player that could and would have created a chance. Poor.

Apart from Aribo you mean. And Magennis created a chance. And so did Dasilva. Did Reeves create a chance?
    Just asking, because he's a decent player. But a bit flimsy.
  • No team in this division could afford 8 first team players out and not suffer some reaction. What concerns me is why so many injuries and the slow recovery time. Have we cut back so much in the back room staff that we do not have the quality in coaching, fitness and conditioning skills that a professional outfit must have in modern day football.

Surely not, you might find that in a sham of a circus.................Oh hang on a minute :smirk:
  • Totally agree with cafcnick1992,we finished up with 6 kids on the pitch,who did us proud,Jacko run his legs off,and hardly misplaced a pass,also winning his fair share of headers.I think some people love these results so they can amuse themselves abusing Robinson and continuing the tired old Roland out saga.For all the obvious faults with the owners,no side could cope with losing 8 first choice players,that includes Manchester City,and the rest.The injury problem will be here for a few weeks,so might it not be a good idea for those that attend to give the kids some support.North stand as usual great support today.

• Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    cafc4life said:

JamesSeed said:

cafc4life said:

Why do we always get this crude, morlock-like stench of unintelligence on here when we don't win.

We are missing 8 key players. We were comfortable for 89 minutes of the game today and had 2 clear chances to score. Yes we conceeded in the last minute which is disappointing, but in my view, we were clearly the better side.

The reaction on here is suicidal. We've got people calling for Robinson's head (a suggestion so stupid you should be banned for mentioning it) and others just posting the usual whingy Roland-out tripe.

When players come back, we'll have a much stronger 2nd half of the season. Until then, can we please have some original content.

We've been shit all season in an extremely shit league. Even when we have our strongest 11 available , tell me how many games we've been excellent? Our manager is costing us points by not trying to win games properly and trying to hold on to 1-0s. The squad is extremely weak down to our owner , who doesn't give a fuck. Please ban me for wanting my football club to be doing much better than it currently is. Sad we got fans that think everything is Rosy. Pathetic
    No we haven’t been shit all season. Sorry, but what an ill-considered remark.
    Last season we were shit almost all of the time. With virtually no money spent we’re better this season, but without real investment do you really expect us to be running away with the League One title?
    Eight key players out, and even in this awful league you’re going to struggle.
    Tell me one game we've played where we've been excellent for at least 60 minutes?

We haven't.
    Bristol Rovers with 10 men
    Northampton
    Rotherham
    Er, Fleetwood?
    For 25 minutes we looked unbelieveable against Oldham.
    We lost our way when Fane came on. There's clue there you know.

And @Nicholas Magennis often plays on the wing for Northern Ireland. I really think he look better on there. And he can still get in the middle for corner and free kicks, and help out in the defensive role for the same. He's not good enough at shielding the ball against big centre halves for that lone front man role.
  • edited December 2017
    Were the fans getting on the 'kids' backs during the game then? I get the feeling that most fans are p*ssed off about how the injury pile up has arisen rushing players back because lack of strength in depth of the squad where the blame ultimately lies with the Douchbag. I'm not saying you shouldn't be looking to play youngsters but three you might just get away with, six is just crazy.

Robinson to an extent must be complicit in all of this, his rigid formation lack of in game changing tactics and especially with the striker situation resulting in the Best signing. As long as the bottom line numbers stacked up on the wages budget that's all the SMT cared about. Same old, same old! Everything this season now hangs on the January transfer window and we know how they've gone under this ownership so don't hold your breath folks.
  • Gary Waddock was a ginge
  • RedChaser said:

Were the fans getting on the 'kids' backs during the game then? I get the feeling that most fans are p*ssed off about how the injury pile up has arisen rushing players back because lack of strength in depth of the squad where the blame ultimately lies with the Douchbag. I'm not saying you shouldn't be looking to play youngsters but three you might just get away, but six is just crazy.

Robinson to an extent must be complicit in all of this, his frigid formation lack of in game changing tactics and especially with the striker situation resulting in the Best signing. As long as the bottom line numbers stacked up on the wages budget that's all the SMT cared about. Same old, same old! Everything this season now hangs on the January transfer window and we know how they've gone under this ownership so don't hold your breath folks.

We look to losing Novak and Watt. Firstly Watt was a disruptive influence on the squad and do you want that? And Novak made it clear he didn't want to play second fiddle to Josh. Do you want someone like that if they are gonna be moaning and being disructive? Secondly we missed out on Doyle who went Oldham on loan from Preston. Ok he's Irish but maybe he came to Preston a single man and in that time he met a bird from the Lancs/Manchester area which led to something a bit more serious and he didn't want to move to London being away from her or uprooting her as it's only a tempory move that might not lead to a permanent move. Also with the Best situation Karl cannot even sign loan players anymore as that situation has been done away with by the EFL (who probably had that implamented on them by FIFA) so Karl can only look to free transfers with players who have not played for any other club since the closure of the last window and there is hardly anyone around so Karl had done well to find Best even if he isn't the best.
  • edited December 2017

Totally agree with cafcnick1992,we finished up with 6 kids on the pitch,who did us proud,Jacko run his legs off,and hardly misplaced a pass,also winning his fair share of headers.I think some people love these results so they can amuse themselves abusing Robinson and continuing the tired old Roland out saga.For all the obvious faults with the owners,no side could cope with losing 8 first choice players,that includes Manchester City,and the rest.The injury problem will be here for a few weeks,so might it not be a good idea for those that attend to give the kids some support.North stand as usual great support today.

The support at the ground was fine but the football in the second half wasn't. We sat back, invited pressure and could barely string two passes together. I'm sure most of the players won't have been happy with the display.

The team played okay in the first half but chances weren't taken. Our season seems to be grinding to a halt after a very poor December.

I'm not going to celebrate a 1-1 draw against Blackpool.
  • edited December 2017

RedChaser said:

Were the fans getting on the 'kids' backs during the game then? I get the feeling that most fans are p*ssed off about how the injury pile up has arisen rushing players back because lack of strength in depth of the squad where the blame ultimately lies with the Douchbag. I'm not saying you shouldn't be looking to play youngsters but three you might just get away, but six is just crazy.

Robinson to an extent must be complicit in all of this, his frigid formation lack of in game changing tactics and especially with the striker situation resulting in the Best signing. As long as the bottom line numbers stacked up on the wages budget that's all the SMT cared about. Same old, same old! Everything this season now hangs on the January transfer window and we know how they've gone under this ownership so don't hold your breath folks.

We look to losing Novak and Watt. Firstly Watt was a disruptive influence on the squad and do you want that? And Novak made it clear he didn't want to play second fiddle to Josh. Do you want someone like that if they are gonna be moaning and being disructive? Secondly we missed out on Doyle who went Oldham on loan from Preston. Ok he's Irish but maybe he came to Preston a single man and in that time he met a bird from the Lancs/Manchester area which led to something a bit more serious and he didn't want to move to London being away from her or uprooting her as it's only a tempory move that might not lead to a permanent move. Also with the Best situation Karl cannot even sign loan players anymore as that situation has been done away with by the EFL (who probably had that implamented on them by FIFA) so Karl can only look to free transfers with players who have not played for any other club since the closure of the last window and there is hardly anyone around so Karl had done well to find Best even if he isn't the best.
    All very well but he had the whole of the summer transfer window to sort his strikers out and didn't. What he did seem to do was chase umpteen midfield players one of whom is still not match fit and was subbed off again yesterday and another who appears to be past his sell by date.

Regarding Best I get that was one of the few remaining options and he has shown he has played at a higher level but unsurprisingly he's now broken down with a hamstring injury. Like it or not Robinson has to take some of the blame and knew what he was getting into with this mob. We'll leave his tactics for another time.
  • Why do we always get this crude, morlock-like stench of unintelligence on here when we don't win.

We are missing 8 key players. We were comfortable for 89 minutes of the game today and had 2 clear chances to score. Yes we conceded in the last minute which is disappointing, but in my view, we were clearly the better side.

The reaction on here is suicidal. We've got people calling for Robinson's head (a suggestion so stupid you should be banned for mentioning it) and others just posting the usual whingy Roland-out tripe.

When players come back, we'll have a much stronger 2nd half of the season. Until then, can we please have some original content.

I thibk people get frustrated becaise it's happened so many times this season. We dominate large periods of the game. Have so much of the ball but fail to capitalise and so allow the other team back in. Has happened so much this year. That second goal to give us some breathing space is just never there.
  • edited December 2017

JamesSeed said:

No excuses today. Should never have took Reeves off for George. Reeves was the only player that could and would have created a chance. Poor.

Apart from Aribo you mean. And Magennis created a chance. And so did Dasilva. Did Reeves create a chance?
    Da Si

Totally agree with cafcnick1992,we finished up with 6 kids on the pitch,who did us proud,Jacko run his legs off,and hardly misplaced a pass,also winning his fair share of headers.I think some people love these results so they can amuse themselves abusing Robinson and continuing the tired old Roland out saga.For all the obvious faults with the owners,no side could cope with losing 8 first choice players,that includes Manchester City,and the rest.The injury problem will be here for a few weeks,so might it not be a good idea for those that attend to give the kids some support.North stand as usual great support today.

The support at the ground was fine but the football in the second half wasn't. We sat back, invited pressure and could barely string two passes together. I'm sure most of the players won't have been happy with the display.

The team played okay in the first half but chances weren't taken. Our season seems to be grinding to a halt after a very poor December.

No it's not Da Si, it's spelled 'Dasilva'. Jeez.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

No excuses today. Should never have took Reeves off for George. Reeves was the only player that could and would have created a chance. Poor.

Da Si

Corrected it for you - didn't delete previous text . I can spell Dasilva...
  • razil said:

Some good news, the FF due on the 11th Jan (what a great day that is) has been delayed due to the transfer window

Did the January transfer window come as a surprise to Meire then - and should we assume Keohane, Joyes, Rubashow etc are all involved in transfer negotiations all month? Nonsense!

You can see why that might be a reason not to hold the FF last week in January but that smells like finding another reason for Meire et al not to have to face certain questions to me.

(Copied to takeover thread)
    The good news is I don’t have to spend my 47th birthday there..

Perhaps they are focussing on ‘fighting relegation’, conducting a Dutch auction for Konsa/spending his fee, or maybe just pissing off?
  • razil said:

razil said:

Some good news, the FF due on the 11th Jan (what a great day that is) has been delayed due to the transfer window

Did the January transfer window come as a surprise to Meire then - and should we assume Keohane, Joyes, Rubashow etc are all involved in transfer negotiations all month? Nonsense!

You can see why that might be a reason not to hold the FF last week in January but that smells like finding another reason for Meire et al not to have to face certain questions to me.

(Copied to takeover thread)
    The good news is I don’t have to spend my 47th birthday there..

Perhaps they are focussing on ‘fighting relegation’, conducting a Dutch auction for Konsa/spending his fee, or maybe just pissing off?
    That's what I was thinking and that could be up there with one of the best birthday presents you've ever had :wink:
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Da Si

Sorry, not being difficult but I've lost you here.... I wrote 'Apart from Aribo you mean. And Magennis created a chance. And so did Dasilva. Did Reeves create a chance?
    Just asking, because he's a decent player. But a bit flimsy.'
    And you replied 'Da Si'. I thought you were saying it's spelled Da Silva?
  • It's quite interesting that the players have received (perhaps surprisingly when you consider the negativity here) high marks on the Players Marks thread.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Da Si

Sorry, not being difficult but I've lost you here.... I wrote 'Apart from Aribo you mean. And Magennis created a chance. And so did Dasilva. Did Reeves create a chance?
    I accidentally replied to two posts at the same time - I didn't mean to reply to yours. It was done in error.

Sorry for the confusion...
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Da Si

I accidentally replied to two posts at the same time - I didn't mean to reply to yours. It was done in error.

Sorry for the confusion...
    Apologies for questioning you questioning me questioning you questioning my spelling.
    Love you.