Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Joyes

Comments

• Options

Essex_Al said:

J BLOCK said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Just Tony Small bollocks, Tom Rubbershoe and the Perks to go.

It was one thing to sack an interim manager but surely not even Roland can sack Sue as someone not even employed by the club?...
    He goes she goes.
    So you're now calling for Chris Parkes to leave the club just so his wife will leave with him. A man that has given many years of loyal service to this club through numerous different ownerships!

Classy, very classy mate!

Remember both of them are Charlton supporters as well.
    Remember his son and his wife being very classy to us fans as he sat by and did nothing. GET OUT WITH THE REST OF THEM
    So what would you do if your parents were being verbally abused big boy?
    Hang on a minute.

Mrs Parkes should have kept her mouth shut given the position her husband holds at the club.
    Like I said to the other poster who hasn't answered, what would you do if you parents were being abused?

Probably kneecap them as that's as high as you can reach!
  • Options
    The club needs a total shakedown - a total sweep from top to bottom - including Parkes and KR imo - cant leave any bad stains behind.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

It was one thing to sack an interim manager but surely not even Roland can sack Sue as someone not even employed by the club?...
    He goes she goes.
    So you're now calling for Chris Parkes to leave the club just so his wife will leave with him. A man that has given many years of loyal service to this club through numerous different ownerships!

You know why the old woman is unpopular.

Have a day off ffs.
    If you read the posts properly dopey, you will understand it's not about Sue Parkes it's about a poster on here calling for Chris to go!

Have a few months off yourself!
    Clear out from top to bottom wouldn’t go a miss at all. Couldn’t care whether anyone’s a nice person if they’ve played a part in the shit state the clubs in, the shit relationship between club and fan etc which parkes and his Mrs have then they can go do one as well.
    It's not about anyone being a nice person, prior to the regime, Chris has given this club many, many years of loyal service and if he was crap at his job, he certainly wouldn't have lasted so long would he.

Let's hope that whoever you work for as well as many others on here, never get taken over because according to you if would be absolutely fine just to clear everyone out!

Incredible!
    If they played a part in declining attendances, bad relationship with your core fan base, poor performance, a raise in debt, and all round failure then yes, that would be fine.
    Just as well you're an electrician and not a race horse, cos you'd definitely be in blinkers!
    At least it makes him a bright spark as you certainly are not.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

probably being stupid but I don't quite understand why these people are resigning.

not sure what kind of contracts they are on (whether they are employed by CAFC or employed by just Duchetelet) but wouldn't they still have a job once the takeover happens? then if they are sacked they would get some sort of financial compensation? unless they are being told to go as part of the takeover?

It's not uncommon and I've done it before.

You weigh up;

1. How much is the redundancy/severance package. These days a lot are statutory which isn't worth a great deal
    2. Depending on 1. a couple of months out of work and it's gone
    3. Always easier to get a job when in a job, you have bargaining power.
    thanks. it could be what President says that its part of the deal for the takeover but what your saying would make sense with the rumour of Meire possibly joining another (outside of the network) club.

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.
    If you read the posts properly dopey, you will understand it's not about Sue Parkes it's about a poster on here calling for Chris to go!

Clear out from top to bottom wouldn’t go a miss at all. Couldn’t care whether anyone’s a nice person if they’ve played a part in the shit state the clubs in, the shit relationship between club and fan etc which parkes and his Mrs have then they can go do one as well.
    It's not about anyone being a nice person, prior to the regime, Chris has given this club many, many years of loyal service and if he was crap at his job, he certainly wouldn't have lasted so long would he.

Let's hope that whoever you work for as well as many others on here, never get taken over because according to you if would be absolutely fine just to clear everyone out!

Incredible!
    If they played a part in declining attendances, bad relationship with your core fan base, poor performance, a raise in debt, and all round failure then yes, that would be fine.
    Just as well you're an electrician and not a race horse, cos you'd definitely be in blinkers!
    Really, Al?

We're talking about a football club FFS. The metrics that @Greenie Junior mentions are solid.

- customer relations
    - debt
    - poor performance on the pitch

Whilst Chris certainly can't be blamed for the last two, you have to be completely blinkered yourself to ignore the damage to the fanbase, and subsequent friction within the fanbase, that occured due to Sue and her claims of having internal knowledge.. via Chris.
    Coupled with Al's mate being muzzled then I reckon Al's other mate was given carte blanche to say what she did.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

J BLOCK said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Remember his son and his wife being very classy to us fans as he sat by and did nothing. GET OUT WITH THE REST OF THEM
    So what would you do if your parents were being verbally abused big boy?
    Hang on a minute.

Mrs Parkes should have kept her mouth shut given the position her husband holds at the club.
    Like I said to the other poster who hasn't answered, what would you do if you parents were being abused?

Probably kneecap them as that's as high as you can reach!
    I have not mentioned the son Al. Now answer my question about Mrs Parkes.

Great punchline from you btw!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.

Incredible!
    Not really, I have been involved with many non performing companies being taken over and most of the time all the senior staff are sacked, as with Charlton, most of the time there is an inherent problem with attitude and professionalism.

• Options
    Why isn't this on the grass thread?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thread goes from David Joyes to Chris Parks in 3 pages. A record even for CL.

I have created a new thread.

EssexAl please take note.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.

Incredible!
    Not really, I have been involved with many non performing companies being taken over and most of the time all the senior staff are sacked, as with Charlton, most of the time there is an inherent problem with attitude and professionalism.

Of course senior management are likely to suffer, the quote was having a clear out from top to bottom!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.

Incredible!

Of course senior management are likely to suffer, the quote was having a clear out from top to bottom!
    I had a clearout starting from the bottom today.
  • Options
    Think you mean David Moyes

Wait i am getting confused now

Help me @razil
  • Options
    Funny that not one of the apologists have a view about stewarding and hounding people off forums or any answers for goonerhater
  • Options

come on them "big boy" Essex do tell us what u think of the SMT an its poodles that tried to get people nicked off here ? the people who new it was bollox but did and said fuck ,all the people who took the free tickets,who sat with these rats but said and did fuck all ? poor old Chris ?? fuck right off --------- of course just defending his wife ???? who was justifying the above ------anothe just obeying orders.

This is not about my thoughts about the SMT or what happened to you and NLA, to be honest I wasn't even aware of it happening or you both had been suspended from here. It would be a pointless exercise as all that would happen would be hundreds of posts that are meaningless to this conversation.

My point is nothing to do with Sue Parkes or her family, it is with the post that called for Chris Parkes to leave which in my opinion is ridiculous.

The man has given at least half of his working life to this club and has been in his position when we were in the Premiership as well as the Championship, but because of his wife, he should leave the club, nonsense!

In answer to Elfs point about Sue Parkes, I have only met her once and found her to be charming in a one to one conversation. Having said that, she certainly has not done her husband any favours with some of her rants and if I was Chris, I would have told her to button it.

I have asked the question three times now, if it was your parents being abused what would you do?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Essex_Al said:

come on them "big boy" Essex do tell us what u think of the SMT an its poodles that tried to get people nicked off here ? the people who new it was bollox but did and said fuck ,all the people who took the free tickets,who sat with these rats but said and did fuck all ? poor old Chris ?? fuck right off --------- of course just defending his wife ???? who was justifying the above ------anothe just obeying orders.

This is not about my thoughts about the SMT or what happened to you and NLA, to be honest I wasn't even aware of it happening or you both had been suspended from here. It would be a pointless exercise as all that would happen would be hundreds of posts that are meaningless to this conversation.

My point is nothing to do with Sue Parkes or her family, it is with the post that called for Chris Parkes to leave which in my opinion is ridiculous.

The man has given at least half of his working life to this club and has been in his position when we were in the Premiership as well as the Championship, but because of his wife, he should leave the club, nonsense!

In answer to Elfs point about Sue Parkes, I have only met her once and found her to be charming in a one to one conversation. Having said that, she certainly has not done her husband any favours with some of her rants and if I was Chris, I would have told her to button it.

I have asked the question three times now, if it was your parents being abused what would you do?
    The reason Chris doesn't ask her to button it as you put it is because he agrees with her.
    Why can't you understand that
    Apologies, didn't realise he had personally confided in you!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

And for the third time dopey, my complaint has been with Mrs Parkes.

I did not know she had a son anyway.
  • Options

Get Bradley Pritchard in, I saw somewhere he was training to be a lawyer/solicitor and he could fill in the holes in the squad as well.

That's actually not a bad idea at all.

Might be a bit early for him.
    Eni Aluko would also fit the bill - as well as being a lawyer she also knows how to deal with idiots from the FA.
  • Options
    The son is a lovely bloke.

Thought it was best we were all gassed.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Spent the last couple of hours on the match thread, then came back to this and saw over 50 unread posts - none of which were about David Joyes. Still, he is an accountant I suppose...
  • Options
    Can I put forward another scenario I haven't seen here (apologies if I missed it) that might explain two of the SMT leaving? Perhaps it's some sort of partial takeover, the way things started with STTV. Getting new investors in, and those investors wanting their own people.

As mentioned previously, it's sort of strange that people would be resigning before a takeover given that you're usually given a very pleasant payment to go away. Maybe they want to be unemployed at the start of the year? The job market is usually good then. But even that...I don't know, doesn't sink up for me. I guess if KM has another offer she should definitely jump at it. I would think that (however shit the rest of their resumes may look) "Successfully Negotiated Multi-Million Pound Takeover" would look good on the CV.