Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Joyes

Comments

• edited December 2017
    @Essex AL

Go to bed fella, you’re drunk
  • SDAddick said:

Can I put forward another scenario I haven't seen here (apologies if I missed it) that might explain two of the SMT leaving? Perhaps it's some sort of partial takeover, the way things started with STTV. Getting new investors in, and those investors wanting their own people.

As mentioned previously, it's sort of strange that people would be resigning before a takeover given that you're usually given a very pleasant payment to go away. Maybe they want to be unemployed at the start of the year? The job market is usually good then. But even that...I don't know, doesn't sink up for me. I guess if KM has another offer she should definitely jump at it. I would think that (however shit the rest of their resumes may look) "Successfully Negotiated Multi-Million Pound Takeover" would look good on the CV.

A more likely scenario is that at least one departure (Meire) would have been agreed in principle with all relevant parties, including herself, back in October. The sale process then dragged on, possibly including another bid to consider, meaning the original timetable wasn't met. The original plan included a handover period up to the year end but was based on the assumption that the takeover would be announced in November / early December. So it's likely that Meire (and possibly Joyes) have already had around 8 weeks to explore other options.
  • Haven't seen this mentioned but would be interested to know if he is working his notice. If he's going at the same time as NightMeire, that will say a lot about the progress of the takeover
  • _MrDick said:

Haven't seen this mentioned but would be interested to know if he is working his notice. If he's going at the same time as NightMeire, that will say a lot about the progress of the takeover

Fingers crossed. How many more staff left to go soon?
  • Not nice to lose your job over xmas.
  • Swisdom said:

Good luck to Mr Joyes. He’s a really nice guy and a family man.

No need for any animosity in his direction.

His departure presumably means he is no longer required

I'd dispute the first two points.

I'd question why he's no longer needed though @Swisdom a takeover and a transfer window plus normal operation of the business and we have no CEO or FD to either run the club or hand it over.
  • Swisdom said:

I'd question why he's no longer needed though @Swisdom a takeover and a transfer window plus normal operation of the business and we have no CEO or FD to either run the club or hand it over.
    I know one person who knows him on a personal level (kids in same school/class) and says he's OK but thats the extent of my knowledge as only met him once.

I think we are in danger of taring anyone who works at a senior level as being 'horrible' people, I don't buy that, some will be some won't be and it's probably nothing to do with who their employer was/is, you don't become good or bad simply based on who currently employs you.

• Swisdom said:

Not had many dealings with him but those I have have been amiable. Not heard people talk about him like Keohane so assumed he was fairly well liked.

My assumption is it is pretty much a done deal and so they are free to go. If this drags for more than a week or two our season is over so prospective owners are likely to want to move at pace.

As with Meire - strange time to go as the takeover would probably lead to a redundancy payout...unless that’s already sorted

• Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:

Swisdom said:

I know one person who knows him on a personal level (kids in same school/class) and says he's OK but thats the extent of my knowledge as only met him once.

I think we are in danger of taring anyone who works at a senior level as being 'horrible' people, I don't buy that, some will be some won't be and it's probably nothing to do with who their employer was/is, you don't become good or bad simply based on who currently employs you.

Not strictly an employee but I believe SP was ok until lazy daisy showed up.
  • I've never met him but he's been there a good length of time under this and previous regimes which suggests he knows what he's doing. He's been through some interesting times from a financial perspective, especially under the spivs, and must have a lot of knowledge. I'm sure he'll have been key in the DD process too.
    I doubt he's had much to do with the operational side of the club aside from finances and it's a bit surprising he's on his way. He may of course just feel he needs a change of scenery and getting a payoff helps in making that kind of decision.
    I wouldn't be inclined to tar him with same brush as the Belgians at all.
  • I would think Staprix are awash with bright young accountants some of whom will no doubt already be appraised and familiar with the CAFC books. Yes it is odd timing for him to leave but everything is odd at Charltin these days.
  • I can't think that any potential purchaser would pursue a deal knowing that there was no CEO of CFO around ...you d have to go though dd all over again and value will drop even further if position prevailed for any length of time ..i think we will see a takeover 1st Jan

• limeygent said:

IdleHans said:

I've never met him but he's been there a good length of time under this and previous regimes which suggests he knows what he's doing. He's been through some interesting times from a financial perspective, especially under the spivs, and must have a lot of knowledge. I'm sure he'll have been key in the DD process too.
    I doubt he's had much to do with the operational side of the club aside from finances and it's a bit surprising he's on his way. He may of course just feel he needs a change of scenery and getting a payoff helps in making that kind of decision.
    I wouldn't be inclined to tar him with same brush as the Belgians at all.

His leaving suggests to me that the DD process must be complete.
    Agreed. At least that their data room is full.
  • Addickted said:

The son is a lovely bloke.

Thought it was best we were all gassed.

Is the son Nathan Ecclestone?
  • Does anyone know for certain if Mr Joyes has departed ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone speculated that maybe Joyes has been head-hunted by Meire at her new club?
  • Makes sense joining KM there
  • Hmm, humility respect and honesty are valued qualities for that job.
    I'm sure he's honest but working for us shows little respect - at least for fans.
  • Makes sense joining KM there

Doubt it. Joyes comes from Middlesbrough originally and has talked openly about moving back there in the past. He won’t be going there because of Meire.
  • Apart from coventry I can’t think of a better place for them both to end up
  • I understand his wife loved the views from their new penthouse flat there.