Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Discussion: Charlton v Oldham

Comments

• First half was OK, second half we had to play everything through Kashi, hence we were shite. Style of play with Kashi doing that dropping deep roll kills us.
    I honestly don't get the hype over this geezer.

Wins a win but trying to waste time, 25 mins from time against Oldham at home shows how far we've come..

We moved the ball quicker in first half, 2nd half was slow lazy and sloppy.

Wins a win, 2 more on the bounce and play off back on
  • edited January 2018
    Crusty54 said:

Really frustrating how we don't go for games when 1-0 up at home. Decent result though and back in the top 6 by my calculations. Bring on the takeover.

Side note: watched on stream and thought Lennon did really well today next to Bauer - so much more comfortable-looking than on Monday. The other poster on the marks thread gave him 3 though.

The cameras must have flattered him.

Hardly won a header all game. Sarr should have played alongside Bauer who showed a lot of skill and timing.

I'm guessing Sarr is injured as I'm pretty sure I saw him trying to drive down Floyd Road and turn into the stadium at 2:50pm with very little success, a strange decision from the big man.
  • se9addick said:

Crusty54 said:

Really frustrating how we don't go for games when 1-0 up at home. Decent result though and back in the top 6 by my calculations. Bring on the takeover.

Side note: watched on stream and thought Lennon did really well today next to Bauer - so much more comfortable-looking than on Monday. The other poster on the marks thread gave him 3 though.

The cameras must have flattered him.

Hardly won a header all game. Sarr should have played alongside Bauer who showed a lot of skill and timing.

I'm guessing Sarr is injured as I'm pretty sure I saw him trying to drive down Floyd Road and turn into the stadium at 2:50pm with very little success, a strange decision from the big man.
    Saw he was on the bench, however he was pictured in the stands not even in Charlton training gear!?
    Weird
  • Don't go often nowadays after refusing to renew season ticket 2 years ago and performances like that are not going to encourage me to come - was a win but felt like a defeat. No passion, no leadership, and only Amos comes out with much credit for 2 good saves.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would also add that the schoolboy errors are still there, at various times in the game today we had minimum 3 players going to close down the same opposition today from different angles.
  • Wot a load of shit one again up front, shockin performance, only bright spot for me is Aribo continues to impress.
  • Our depleted team lacking in confidence won ugly - that’s a good enough outcome for today and psychologically invaluable going into the next game. They had forgotten how to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Load of rubbish.
  • Still not playing well, not enough movement, too much of a gap between midfield and forwards so too many long balls. But good to grind out a result when not playing well, similar game to the Blackpool match but without the late agony. Amos player of the season so far for me, tarique next best
  • Amos: acquitted himself well, might have been grateful for the action that came his way despite the pony opposition
    Konsa: looked less like a rb than AD
    Bauer: looks most like a CB of those available, which is feint praise indeed
    Lennon: still looking rusty which is perhaps understandable
    DaSilva: he's looking more and more like King Canute
    Kashi: competent, energetic the team's better with him in it, but for how long?
    Marshall: worked harder but seems off form or confused as to his role
    Aribo: decent
    Holmes: energetic but ineffective and possibly clattered
    Mavididi: the brightest star in this firmament
    Magennis: making the best of the dross around him
    Ahearne-Grant: can't blame him for fluffing his lines in his all too brief cameo, he must be equally baffled and furious by gobby's decisions, KAG did you spill his pint or nick his lunch or smthn? I think he hates you
    Jackson: Shoulda been brought on 30 minutes earlier
    A.N. Othersubstitute: Obviously essential to all but the person best placed to realise and act - go figure?
  • edited January 2018
    Thought it was a poor performance but we've played better (Blackpool) and not won but that is because as the old adage goes "the best team always wins, the rest is only gossip.

Dropping Reeves and Sarr paid off with Bauer and Aribo doing better without being brilliant.

Great solo goal from SM.

The team can do better and will have to to beat better sides but for now we won.

Official gate under £10k through. Just sell the club.
  • cafc4life said:

We are absolutely fucking rubbish .

Succinct and to the point.
  • cafc4life said:

We are absolutely fucking rubbish .

Succinct and to the point.
    And factually correct:)
    Robinson unless you change you're pathetic system you are toast