Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Discussion: Charlton v Oldham

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    I'd love us to have a squad with no loanees... it feels an age since we've been able to do so.
  • Options
    It doesn't work like that at our level, Dazzler.

We're a Third Division team.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Didn't we start with a squad free of loanees in our promotion season?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

There aren't even many premier league teams that do that these days either.
  • Options
    I think our loanees have been amongst our best players this season.
  • Options

I think our loanees have been amongst our best players this season.

I agree. doesn't stop me wanting better players so we don't have to beg & borrow instead we just steal the best young ones out there.
  • Options
    The problem until recently was the 'emergency loan' ..... players out of form, favour or fitness, who were only ever going to be here for a month or two - and knew it. Some were consummate professionals and showed it, but too many without commitment, because they were going back in a few weeks. Temporary and perhaps sometimes even disruptive to the team.

Having Dasilva and now Mavididi, young talented players from Prem League clubs, however, who were here last season and desperate to establish themselves is no problem.

They want to be here and in many ways, fit in as well as our contracted players. Quick and enthusiastic, they are also very good technical players and will go on to play in the Prem - the type of players that in reality, we couldn't afford to sign permanently.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Oggy Red said:

Didn't we start with a squad free of loanees in our promotion season?
    I thought so too but seems as though Leon Cort joined on loan at the end of August that year... Doesnt seem right though as he didnt get ahead of Taylor for an age
  • Options

Sarr needs a decent centre back next to him. He looks much better when he isn't the senior partner. I would be interested to see how he plays with Pearce.

True- he was great with Roger Johnson
  • Options
    Wasn't Darel Russell a loanee?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

Wasn't Darel Russell a loanee?

Yes. From Preston.