Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Discussion: Charlton v Oldham

Comments

• Options
    I think the KR calls out Roland thread trumps pretty much everything else now.
  • Options
    I'm surprised at the praise Aribo is getting.

In the second half, he was constantly hiding, never came for the ball, and didn't bother tracking back at all. There is nothing more frustrating than watch a player just hope that someone else will cover for him. It's a shame because he's got talent.

Magennis on the other hand puts the effort in and gets criticised. He made a number of important headed clearances today which seems to have evaded everyone.

Bauer probably MOTM - great to have him back. DaSilva as good as always.
  • Options
    Aribo was knackered.
    End off, good player for me.
  • Options
    Relief to get 3 points against a very poor Oldham team. Think it the first time ever I haven't waited to applaud the team of the pitch after a win as it was so poor.
    Robinson floundering and not sure how much his heart is in it at the moment either. Complaining about transfers doesn't do the players confidence any good, particularly for the fringe players.
  • Options
    KAG should have come on for Magennis and did more the latter in 80mins!! - People are saying that he should have scored from the Aribo pass yet felt Joe was more at fault.

Against Gillingham on the edge on the box, Aribo took too many touches when he could have shot earlier (He didnt and the ball was cleared) - today he did the same yet the pass to KAG got him out of jail... Regardless though felt he was one of our better players since coming into the side.
  • Options
    Also saw Chris Houghton there today. Obviously looking at players. Can only be the youngsters. Konsa, Aribo or Da Silva?
  • Options
    We seem to save our most turgid performances for the Kids for a Quid games. Not that many kids actually took up the offer but to be fair that performance was not worth a penny let alone a pound. Second half was appalling. The way we sat back in our own half and let shockingly poor opposition dominate us was a real low point of the season. People beside me were screaming for someone to have the nerve to play the ball forwards rather than back and forth across our own area. Shocking. Coming away it felt like we’d stolen the points away from home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are not rubbish and Oldham are better than some people give them credit for.

How many of their starting 11 (based on today) would get in our side?

We will make the play offs I am sure of that. I was very encouraged with Holmes more centrally today. His lack of pace is not an issue through the middle.

Aribo is very good at football but looked fragile last 20.

KAG is becoming more important.

I’m positive.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Just seen the KAG chance late on after Aribo done brilliant setting him up. He has to strike that first time instead of taking a touch, poor miss.

Yes, but why didn't Aribo shoot himself? He beat the defender and cut inside... and passed!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Tippy tappy at the back, eventually get it wide but cos we only have one or two attacking players over 6ft and often nowhere near the box, we don't cros but pass it back across their ten defenders. Repeat ad-finitum.
  • Options
    Defiantly not on drugs.

I watch all the games on IFollow as live in Milan. That said I have seen us ‘live’ four times this season.

I watch the game with sound down and hence don’t have the influence of any external factors. I’m not sure if that makes me more ‘positive’??? It certainly means I make my own mind up on what I am watching.

I have always thought myself as a good judge of player.

I stand by that KAG is important to us and will be increasingly so as Josh continues to be a blunt force upfront. His best work is done when defending corners. He would be a terrific centre half.

• Options
    We were predictable, laboured, static and lack any real ideas.

One piece of quality was enough to win it.

We won, but looking around after the game, we could have lost or drawn, everyone looked downbeat and unimpressed.

The less said about Marshall the better...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    addick05 said:

RedChaser said:

Just seen the KAG chance late on after Aribo done brilliant setting him up. He has to strike that first time instead of taking a touch, poor miss.

Yes, but why didn't Aribo shoot himself? He beat the defender and cut inside... and passed!
    Because there were three players between him and the keeper whereas he saw KAG totally unmarked and weighted a lovely ball to him to finish and couldn't believe he didn't by his reaction. Have another look at the highlights.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm surprised at the praise Aribo is getting.

In the second half, he was constantly hiding, never came for the ball, and didn't bother tracking back at all. There is nothing more frustrating than watch a player just hope that someone else will cover for him. It's a shame because he's got talent.

Magennis on the other hand puts the effort in and gets criticised. He made a number of important headed clearances today which seems to have evaded everyone.

Bauer probably MOTM - great to have him back. DaSilva as good as always.

Funny - I saw it almost completely the opposite (apart from DaSilva)!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

addick05 said:

RedChaser said:

Because there were three players between him and the keeper whereas he saw KAG totally unmarked and weighted a lovely ball to him to finish and couldn't believe he didn't by his reaction. Have another look at the highlights.
    Dunno felt he dithered a few mins before passing... When he burst into the box I definitely thought there was a moment where he could shoot - I havent seen any replays though so could be wrong
  • Options

Defiantly not on drugs.

I watch all the games on IFollow as live in Milan. That said I have seen us ‘live’ four times this season.

I watch the game with sound down and hence don’t have the influence of any external factors. I’m not sure if that makes me more ‘positive’??? It certainly means I make my own mind up on what I am watching.

I stand by that KAG is important to us and will be increasingly so as Josh continues to be a blunt force upfront. His best work is done when defending corners. He would be a terrific centre half.

It's not the players. It's the manager. Tactically shocking. That's the worrying bit.
  • Options
    Poor team performance negated by a young kids initiative and deserving goal. Mavididi did what Holmes did not do; he had a go and through determination got the one piece of brilliance in the game. Ahearne-Grant had better opportunities and lacked the determination. There was a difference too when Joe aribo started to connect with Marshal and Karlan with through balls delivered well. Marshal has terrific pace and Aribo needs more starts to put more of these balls through even if they don't all come off. Jackson should come on sooner if he is going to come on as he makes such a big difference to everybody when they are feeling shaky. Bauer certainly made the defence look much better even if Oldham never even looked like taking their chances. Even if Robinson is pissed off about being shafted by the owner he is the one person to build the teams morale. He should begin a siege mentality in the team and tighten his mental grip on them to galvanise and give confidence. It really is upon him to do this as his frustrations need to be kept in check if he wants the team to be given the slightest or remotest chance of going on a winning run. At so many moments in the game the three points could have become one or none but for the poor quality of the final finishing of Oldham. However three points is three points. Importantly, Reeves did not play and thank goodness and Robinson's honesty for that.
  • Options

Defiantly not on drugs.

Personally mate I thought we were pretty poor. A few ok(ish) moments going forward, but from about the 55th minute, up until right at the end when we caught them on the break we offered little, if anything

I know the run has been poor and confidence low, but apart from a bit of skill from Mavididi and not much punch in the Oldham attack, I think we would’ve all been letting loose on here tonight

What with KR’s post match comments and what was said in the car park after the game, no one is happy at the club at the moments. He’s not happy, the players aren’t happy, we’re not happy

The only cure is for the old twat to sell up
  • Options

RedChaser said:

addick05 said:

RedChaser said:

Dunno felt he dithered a few mins before passing... When he burst into the box I definitely thought there was a moment where he could shoot - I havent seen any replays though so could be wrong
    It's on the SKY Sports Centre app if you've got it.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

addick05 said:

RedChaser said:

It's on the SKY Sports Centre app if you've got it.
    Cheers mate - Will check later
  • Options
    That was the most dreary 90minutes of football i have witnessed at the valley.
    Apart from one moment of quality for the goal and the lad who hit the crossbar for £6.5k at half time and the final whistle it was a totally forgettable experience.
    Oldham were dia and so were we but thank goodness we got something out of the game to keep us in touch.
    What happens now though with all this KR/RD talk going is anyones guess.
    As for the 3 goals 3 points and a free beer i think they should roll it on each game like the crossbar challenge so that when one day in the distant future when ift does actually happen we can all have a right good old........!!!!
  • Options
    addick05 said:

RedChaser said:

And half way through the first half he was in a good position on the edge of the box and passed it back to the centre circle - summed up our poxy backwards scared to attack let alone shoot tactics.