Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bundesliga

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    Manager has absolutely fucked that 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I hate Football.
    30+ chances for Spursy Dortmund and no Haaland,  Lewandowski, Aubangeyang, Sancho etc to finish off the moves.

Not sure if the selling club of Germany with the best fans in Europe, 80k plus  really deserved the title as Bellingham just watched before his move to the racist Spanish League and Real Madrid. At least he can share the racist abuse with Vinicus Junior. I guess when you earn 500k a week you will put up with it because it will never go away in Spain. The 5 match closure is down to 3 on appeal !

Been a fan of Borussia Dortmund for 15 years and their always the bloody bridesmaid other than one season under the BFG.

Gutted.
    The Yellow wall deserve so much more than they get.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Union Berlin into the Champions League.

• Options
    Bundersliga is broken, but that’s a bottle job of the highest order
  • Options
    Shocking shitting of their pants by Dortmund.  Really poor from them.  As a neutral I was desperate for Munich to be humbled but it wasn’t to be clearly 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Yeah but 50+1
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Yeah but 50+1
    Yeah, it’s over romanticised bollocks, and locks in Bayern winning every year pretty much. Sick of hearing from people in English football who think it’s an answer 
  • Options
    Bayern have their worst season in 11 years, immediately sack the CEO & Sporting Director, and they still won the bloody league.
  • Options
    Bayern have their worst season in 11 years, immediately sack the CEO & Sporting Director, and they still won the bloody league.
    Says it all really. Also lost a 50 goal striker and didn't replace him.
  • Options
    Reus and Bellingham to come on soon/at half time?
    Is there a reason Bellingham hasnt started?
    He had a knee injury i think, missed their game the week before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:
    I’m probably going to jinx this but the title is surely Dortmund’s to lose now? 
    Playing Mainz (bottom of the form table, lost last 4) at home should be an easy win, but pressure does weird things.
    Let's hope that applies to Everton as well. 

Hope Dortmund do it.
    Didn't age well! But my ability to forecast is consistent!
  • Options
    I watched both games, really disappointed with Dortmund they showed not a lot of fight and lack of quality. 

Firstly the penalty miss at 0-1 was key, if that had gone in there would have been less pressure as only one goal needed and then it went 0-2 you could sense it was getting away from them. 
    Brandt, i know in the past he has had some good stats etc but whenever i have watched them he just isn't good enough. Not involved enough for a supposed playmaker/ ozil wannabe, the minute they took him off for Reyna, Dortmund were a lot better. 

Massive shame after 10 years and blowing it like that, not sure they will get the chance again next year. Similar to Arsenal really sometimes you need to just take the chance when it comes or you might not get another anytime soon. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Yeah but 50+1
    Yeah, it’s over romanticised bollocks, and locks in Bayern winning every year pretty much. Sick of hearing from people in English football who think it’s an answer 
    Say that to a typical German fan with a functioning brain, and see what you get back. Actually, don’t try that at Union at all.

Bayern are as strong as they are because TSV were run by complete idiots, who could not pay the rent for their share of the Allianz when they rented it together. So Bayern bought it off the city. What else was there to do? Ask the city to pay TSV’s share? That gave Bayern the commercial base they have built on. They have generally had smarter commercial people than Dortmund since then too. 

50+1 ensures a more equal share of the TV money so that clubs who get relegated to B-2 don’t spiral into financial collapse. It has also put the brakes on, but not stopped, the messing with ko times for TV.

And last but by no means least, it stopped Roland from messing with the football side at Jena.

If you want to argue that you couldn’t retro-fit 50+1 onto English football, I’d agree, but that’s a completely different point.
  • Options
    Hope they don't take their foot off the gas, an unbeaten season would be an (even more) incredible achievement, especially if they carry it on in all 3 competitions.
  • Options
    Apparently no team has done it before, won the treble and been unbeaten all season
  • Options
    Hope they don't take their foot off the gas, an unbeaten season would be an (even more) incredible achievement, especially if they carry it on in all 3 competitions.
    Would be amazing if they can do it. 

Big test next weekend for them though, away at Dortmund less than 72 hours after West ham.
  • Options
    Hopefully the vultures will not surround this squad and break it up. Bayern could take a couple of seasons to strengthen giving Leverkusen and others the opportunity to strengthen.

Poor Harry Kane though!
  • Options
    Leverkusen equalise in the 97th minute away at Dortmund to keep the unbeaten run going.
    After a very late equaliser at West Ham too meant they're still unbeaten in all 3 competitions.

I really hope they do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:
    Hopefully the vultures will not surround this squad and break it up. Bayern could take a couple of seasons to strengthen giving Leverkusen and others the opportunity to strengthen.

Poor Harry Kane though!
    Trouble is, Bayern itself will be the biggest vulture. Look at  how they saw off Dortmund - just went and grabbed Lewandowski. Reminded me of Abramovic and Scott Parker. Mind you I think Dortmund already had their money problems then, hopefully that’s not true in Leverkusen’s case. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Poor Harry Kane though!
    Trouble is, Bayern itself will be the biggest vulture. Look at  how they saw off Dortmund - just went and grabbed Lewandowski. Reminded me of Abramovic and Scott Parker. Mind you I think Dortmund already had their money problems then, hopefully that’s not true in Leverkusen’s case. 
    Won't Leverkusen always be in a good position because of the connection with Bayer, or does that hold them back?
  • Options
    Years ago Michael Ballack was at Leverkusen but he ended up in Munich.

Munich want someone they get them, Neuer, Hummels etc

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Poor Harry Kane though!
    Always going to be the way though when bigger/richer clubs come calling.

The great Ajax side of the mid-90s, Porto in 2004, Monaco 2017.

I think it might help them that Alonso has decided to stay, but it's inevitable that the side will eventually be broken up.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Poor Harry Kane though!
    Won't Leverkusen always be in a good position because of the connection with Bayer, or does that hold them back?
    Great question, that, probably needs an answer from top German journo like Raphael Honigstein. They have the exemption from 50+1, so are wholly owned by Bayer. That makes them financially safe, but Bayer is a German pharma global, they surely dont want or need to splash silly money on football. 
  • Options
    No idea how accurate this is - https://www.capology.com/de/1-bundesliga/payrolls/

But it shows you how well Alonso has done. A wage bill half the size of Dortmund and a quarter of Bayern's. They also have a net spend of only 50m on transfers in the last 5 years.
  • Options
    Trouble is they have always been a selling club. Just look at some of their players on this list. I hope they can keep this squad together.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/heung-min-son-havertz-bayer-leverkusen-600-million-euros-transfer-sales/bltaab0891b0db9583f
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Years ago Michael Ballack was at Leverkusen but he ended up in Munich.

Munich want someone they get them, Neuer, Hummels etc

Would be no surprise to see Florian Wirtz at Bayern in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Trouble is they have always been a selling club. Just look at some of their players on this list. I hope they can keep this squad together.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/heung-min-son-havertz-bayer-leverkusen-600-million-euros-transfer-sales/bltaab0891b0db9583f
    Leverkusen bought Hakan Calhanoglu, Jonathan Tah and Heung-Min Son from Hamburg. They bought well.
  • Options
    Leverkusen 2-0 down at home with half an hour to go and still managed to keep their unbeaten run intact by scoring a 97th minute equaliser for the second week running.

The run stretches to 46 games now and rolls on to Roma away on Thursday night.