Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Summary of CAS Trust meeting with Richard Murray +++

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for this. We were never going to get much more than that, but I feel more positive about a takeover now than I did a few days ago.
  • Options

Main points for me are.
    Roland definitely wants to sell the club.
    He will not want to be here for next season.
    February could well be the month.
    Light at the end of a long dark tunnel at last.

I agree with most of that mate the only bit that still concerns is that he may well have some marker on us be it rent or debt
    To be honest that is a concern for most of us
    Let's hope the new owners buy him out completely and that he retains absolutely nothing when he goes.
  • Options
    A bit more info than I was expecting - good job @Pico & CAST!
  • Options
    Thanks for arranging the meeting, still not sure if we’re going to bring in a decent striker before the window shuts, as the clubs up for sale, highly unlikely ,mid table finish it is then this season, unless Karl can keep pulling rabbits out of hats.
  • Options

I don't think Stock Exchange rules apply as shares in controlling company are solely owned and not available to buy in that institution.

I meant from the interested parties point of view, it could be a factor.
  • Options
    Good work by the guys who went to interview Murray. There was never going to be much specific info from this - during a takeover, most companies don't tell their employees what's going on, and Murray sounds as if he is no where near negotiations, and if he were, there would be no real possibility he would share inside information with the fans, when he is clearly regarded as a part of the problem. Whatever the results of the interview, this was always going to be one where you have to read between the lines.

The Konsa theme I tend to disregard. It sounds like Everton are keen, and he player will not need to be asked twice if and when an offer comes. Murray suggests the firesale of players won't happen and to be honest the balance for the fans is not whether Konsa stays or goes (that would have been possible whether or not a sale was coming) but whether Roland appreciates that devaluing the playing team will affect the sale, and whether the buyers will demand the team be strengthened if there is another sale. All of this came up because not only was Holmes sold, but the rumour was that RD turned down a player KR wanted (Carruthers) and asked for 'cash only'. Murray says more players will come. Murray says RD listens to him. All hot air, but the substance will emerge in the next fortnight, and Murray will have further damaged himself if these statements are now proved foolish by RD's actions - no one will believe another series of february quotes about having pushed hard but failed to get a transfer over the line now.

Finally, the statement that RD will be more likely to sell in february. This actually sounds more realistic than other quote's which smacked of simple wish fullfilment by the fans. It still proves nothing, but sounds a lot more realistic tan statements about a definate sale on the 20th, 24th or 32nd of january. Time will tell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A positive exercise that helps give out info to supporters. Why this has to be chased and threatened with protest to achieve i’ll never understand.

Let me get my Sunday cynicism out the way early, if as Murray says ‘Roland listens’, then you have to question what he has been telling him over the last few years.

Have to give it Roland, for a very unintimidating bloke he commands such power that he doesn’t share any information with Murray yet on his say so can turn a successful multi-millionaire into a meeter/ greeter and tour guide.

Let’s hope no bids arrive for Konsa or Fosu as they will definitely be out the door if there are.

Thanks a lot @Pico for writing up on a Sat night, much appreciated. Couple of questions if you could be so kind

1. Was any discussion held on the realism of the sale price Roland was hoping to achieve? What was Murray’s thoughts on that

2. Was any discussion on the potential for a ‘split sale’? Ie. RD retain some form of asset ownership. Would be interested on Murray’s thoughts on that

Just as a matter of interest, had anyone asked RM for a meeting before the protest had been announced?
  • Options
    What I don’t get is if we’re bringing players in, then why did Roland block the original signings we had lined up?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

A positive exercise that helps give out info to supporters. Why this has to be chased and threatened with protest to achieve i’ll never understand.

Let me get my Sunday cynicism out the way early, if as Murray says ‘Roland listens’, then you have to question what he has been telling him over the last few years.

Have to give it Roland, for a very unintimidating bloke he commands such power that he doesn’t share any information with Murray yet on his say so can turn a successful multi-millionaire into a meeter/ greeter and tour guide.

Let’s hope no bids arrive for Konsa or Fosu as they will definitely be out the door if there are.

Thanks a lot @Pico for writing up on a Sat night, much appreciated. Couple of questions if you could be so kind

1. Was any discussion held on the realism of the sale price Roland was hoping to achieve? What was Murray’s thoughts on that

2. Was any discussion on the potential for a ‘split sale’? Ie. RD retain some form of asset ownership. Would be interested on Murray’s thoughts on that

Just as a matter of interest, had anyone asked RM for a meeting before the protest had been announced?
    Shouldn't have to.
    Murray could of kept the fans informed by posting on the official website.
    The fact that he never told us anything says it all really.
  • Options

Although he didn't tell us much, what he did say seems quite transparent, especially regarding the sale of Ricky Holmes and Konsa.

So ridiculous that communication like this come a few weeks before a new owner comes in.

How different it could have been if something like this had been done every month and they'd taken on feedback and worked collaboratively.

I'm not saying RM is a saint but it really shows up Meire for what she was.

Precisely.

All so easy but she just couldn't understand why it was needed and when she did try she couldn't go for two minutes without putting her foot in it.
  • Options
    I'm with @AFKABartram on the final 2 points, did we ask RM if he thought (knew) the asking price was realistic and would be met, and does RD intend to hold some equity/charge over The Valley.
    Its ok RM saying RD wants to sell, BUT the price needs to be realistic and not a 'whim'. RD could easily say this time next year he has been trying to sell, but if the price is unrealistic then there is no chance, perhaps that's his game, wait until if we get promoted and then sell, but for now, to keep the 'natives' quiet, say he is selling without any real desire to do so?
  • Options
    Murray saying that the directors with deferred loans are willing to be accommodating, suggests they might be happy to roll it over again therefore reducing the price.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Murray saying that the directors with deferred loans are willing to be accommodating, suggests they might be happy to roll it over again therefore reducing the price.

Would reduce the upfront cost to the buyers but wouldn't impact on the price Duchatelet is asking imho
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Ferryman said:

Which would suit RM as he would still have leverage for a place at the top table.
  • Options
    Firstly thank you to CARD for instigating.

Secondly thank you to CAST for conducting the interview, resulting in as much as we could expect.

It lays to rest, as already mentioned by others above RM is not part of the consortium's, I think I am relieved about that to be honest.

The January deadline is not paramount to the prospective buyers which makes sense.

The selling of Holmes is partly for KR to re-balance his squad. Fair enough.

RM has assured 'all' that there is no fire sale. Okay.

RM confirms the situation regarding DD. does this now limit that well covered discussion point.

Don't expect any of us are surprised by the ex-directors good will.

Overall OK, RM's answers to the 3 questions is helpful.

However RM was back in his element talking to fans in his own distinctive way.

Roland always listens and can be influenced by RM and if necessary, Richard said that in that event he would be on the phone to Roland making the point “most forcibly”.

Just as well we haven't had a need for this up till now.

Of course it is advantageous that RM is there, able to explain to the naive prospective new owners the pros & cons of CAFC. Additionally there is a rift with fans, but not to worry. To be fair they may not be aware or what its about.

• Options
    Ferryman said:

If this is the case am i right in saying that RD will sell everything he owns in Charlton ,The Valley and Training ground and will have no more control over Charlton.
  • Options

Of course it is advantageous that RM is there, able to explain to the naive prospective new owners the pros & cons of CAFC. Additionally there is a rift with fans, but not to worry. To be fair they may not be aware or what its about.

No, Murray made it very clear, that he tells prospective buyers the rift between club and fans, is because Roland’s a cunt and they will be back as soon as he fucks off.
  • Options

Ferryman said:

If this is the case am i right in saying that RD will sell everything he owns in Charlton ,The Valley and Training ground and will have no more control over Charlton.
    All the time the ex directors have 1st charges over the land RD can't do anything with it, even leasing/renting it out would need the consent of the chargees. However if he wants a clear run at it he needs to stump up £7m to pay their loans off.
  • Options

Thanks for arranging the meeting, still not sure if we’re going to bring in a decent striker before the window shuts, as the clubs up for sale, highly unlikely ,mid table finish it is then this season, unless Karl can keep pulling rabbits out of hats.

If you went yesterday you would know a top 6 finish is far more likely than mid table.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Thank you for the update. I have respect for Murray for his past involvement and believe he is genuine Charlton.
    My issue is, if he can talk to Roland now and he listens, what has been going on for the last three years. Why was Murray not talking to him then.

My guess would be that KM was the direct link to RD. Who knows what she was telling him...
  • Options
    RM forced into speaking and working with Burger Boy ---- all i need to know---shut the door on the way out