Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michał Żyro signs on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• Options
    mart77 said:

Sage said:

Welcome,

Do feel this is all a bit too little too late the shocking results of December are going to bite us in the ass

Personally I wouldn’t write us off.. yes we had a poor run of form, but we also had half the team out injured with games coming thick and fast.

Now we have players coming back, players getting fitter, and a couple of very good signings to complement the team. All of this after 3 straight wins.

Bradford for example have lost 4 out their last 6 and are away at Rotherham tomorrow night before a couple of tough games of at home to Wimbledon (who they lost to away) and away at Oldham (who they drew with at home) both teams are fighting for their lives. Soon afterwards they have 4 games of us, Wigan, Plymouth and Portsmouth.

Right now, if Bradford continue their poor run, they will be missing out on play offs whilst we get stronger as the rest of this season goes on.

We must have confidence and faith in this team because it is clear when we get going we are a real force in this league.
    With respect though Sage, so we should be!
    Yes of course, you look at most teams in this league and it’s shocking, (although for Walsall I was pleasantly surprised on Saturday) embarrassing we have to compete against them - and sometimes struggle - but that’s where we are.

But that is only down to one man and his lunacy...
  • Options

I never diss anyone we sign & want to have a good look before passing judgement.

HOWEVER, I can't see how anyone, from Steve Gallen through to KR can have seen much of him, seeing as he only played 7 games for Wolves 2 years ago & only played 1 game for them (league cup) this season. He's probably played a handful of U23's since then, but for any of our staff to say that he can do this or can do that is a bit disingenuous imo.

There are probably You Tube videos and he is probably one of the 20 Polish strikers who stopped Pawel getting his Polish cap - what more do you want?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Had a year and a half out just three months after signing for Wolves. Hasn't played since August, and that was a sub appearance.

All the best Michal! Welcome to Charlton and here's hoping you're on form, match fit and prolific for these next four months or so.

I don't do LOLs but, boy, was I tempted!
  • Options
    I'm half Polish. I'll ask about round the delis and report back.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Welcome Michał Żyro! Let's hope that you will prove to be one of the top two Polish strikers that have played for Charlton this century.

So that's Żyro and one of either Abbot or Pete? Forget about one of the best two, let's just hope he proves to be the best Polish striker, or even better the best striker bar none.
  • Options
    Heigh ho, heigh ho, it’s off to work we go....

Keep up the day job lol
  • Options
    Wolves fan I know very complementary.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Zyro as in Zero or
    Zyro as in Biro
    ?

The Ż is similar to the pronunciation of g in "mirage"; the y is like the sound "i" makes in the English word "this."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you want to be lazy but still kind of correct, just say Zero.
  • Options
    Expectations a bit ott here? I prefer the ones that creep up on us like Yann!

Good luck in any case, Michal.
  • Options

Sounds like a decent addition.

I look forward to seeing him join the ranks of ventokele as he'll be forever spelled "Zorro"

Think that should definitely be his nickname.
  • Options
    being of Polish extraction and being a Wolves fan I wonder how much Murray had to do with this?
  • Options

2009–2016 Legia Warsaw 96 appearances (13) goals
    2016– Wolverhampton Wanderers 7 appearances (3) goals

from wiki

prolific !

It will basically like Vetokele playing in league one the goals will fly in!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    sm said:

I never diss anyone we sign & want to have a good look before passing judgement.

HOWEVER, I can't see how anyone, from Steve Gallen through to KR can have seen much of him, seeing as he only played 7 games for Wolves 2 years ago & only played 1 game for them (league cup) this season. He's probably played a handful of U23's since then, but for any of our staff to say that he can do this or can do that is a bit disingenuous imo.

There are probably You Tube videos and he is probably one of the 20 Polish strikers who stopped Pawel getting his Polish cap - what more do you want?</</b>blockquote>

Preferably a player who is actually a striker, a forward, a No9, whatever you want to call them. D.Hales, C.Mendonca, D Bent, A Hunt. Not a wide man who can play in the middle, or a midfielder who is a "no 10" or a defender who can play up front when the needs arises.

A f**king striker !!!!!!!!!

PS. I know we haven't got any money to spend, and we are scraping the dregs, but why are all the players we are looking at not a natural goalscorer.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

If he doesn't get the shirt number Zero I'm going to have to complain.

Or number 10, only one Zyro(zero)
  • Options
    "Trust me Michael Zyro is a very good signing for you provided you can get and keep fit ! He was at least Championship and maybe more when he first came to us trouble is you never know with cruciate problems"...

From my trustworthy source at Wolves.
  • Options

sm said:

There are probably You Tube videos and he is probably one of the 20 Polish strikers who stopped Pawel getting his Polish cap - what more do you want?</</b>blockquote>

Preferably a player who is actually a striker, a forward, a No9, whatever you want to call them. D.Hales, C.Mendonca, D Bent, A Hunt. Not a wide man who can play in the middle, or a midfielder who is a "no 10" or a defender who can play up front when the needs arises.

A f**king striker !!!!!!!!!

PS. I know we haven't got any money to spend, and we are scraping the dregs, but why are all the players we are looking at not a natural goalscorer.
    Because they cost money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely nothing about his goalscoring record suggests he's a striker and the polish journo quoted on kent live says he's a winger, but his career so far suggests he should be too good for league one, although no one knows how much his injury will have affected him.
  • Options
    Takes a decent free kick too:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjwL6gmW3S8

But also looks like our current strikers at times:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhxD2Fol3Y
  • Options
    Sweet free-kick - i wonder if he can take corners too ?
  • Options
    Don’t always want to moan but ya scraping playoffs in 6th isn’t exactly a surprise is it it’s really the minimum that we should be achieving, all well and good getting playoffs but we’ve got to win them, Charlton in recent years in games where the pressure is on have lost there bottle
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Zyro silver lining
    Everywhere he goes now baby

I see the sun is shining
    And it’s obvious.

Cos he’s one of us.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Robbo you’ve got to let me know
    Should we play Michal Zyro
    If he plays then we’ll be fine
    And we’ll get drunk on Polish wine
    So come on and let me know

Should we play Michal Zyro now
    Should we play Michal Zyro now
    If he plays then he cause trouble
    Setting up and scoring goals by the double
    So come on and let me know

This needs a bit of work.

Although I must admit I was having a sing on my way to the station this morning. “ Zyro, Zyro it’s off to work I go”
  • Options
    Chizz said:

If he doesn't get the shirt number Zero I'm going to have to complain.

That's reserved for the earwig. Surely you've heard the chant at various grounds?

Earwig O
    Earwig O
    Earwig O