Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michał Żyro signs on Loan from Wolves

Comments

• Options
    Polish mate says he was a good player before he joined Wolves, hasn't seen him play in England, although doesn't sound like many have. Hoping he gets a run of games which I'm sure he will.
  • Options
    Get some money on him now to finish top scorer !!
  • Options

Wolves fan I know very complementary.

My Wolves supporting brother too. Hope the injury hasn't changed things. Welcome Michal!
  • Options
    Wonder if this signing along with Kaikai will see Ahearne-Grant departing on loan...
  • Options
    really can only get 1 more loan is as 4 you would imagine will be in every matchday sqaud if fit.
  • Options
    Good luck Michal! Go earn that Giro Zyro cheque!!
  • Options

really can only get 1 more loan is as 4 you would imagine will be in every matchday sqaud if fit.

I'd be surprised if Roland even sanctioned more than one further signing!!
  • Options
    So does Josh get an immediate rest for Blackpool I wonder or will he do 60 minutes then bring on Zyro?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wonder if this signing along with Kaikai will see Ahearne-Grant departing on loan...

I hope not. KAG seems to have a new found confidence - I’d seriously consider starting him up front instead of Magennis at the moment.
    id rather field a team of 9 outfield players
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I hope not. KAG seems to have a new found confidence - I’d seriously consider starting him up front instead of Magennis at the moment.
    Yeah I agree yet with Zyro and Kaikai now in on loan its surely pushed him off the bench...

Magennis
    Marshall
    Fosu
    Mavididi
    Reeves
    Zyro | Kaikai
    Ahearne-Grant

Is probably the order of the players on the team sheet

Hopefully if he does go on loan (it'll no doubt be to a League Two side) it'll be to someone like Luton or Notts County who are challenging for promotion and so creating chances rather than struggling at a Cambridge side at the wrong end of the table
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

So does Josh get an immediate rest for Blackpool I wonder or will he do 60 minutes then bring on Zyro?

Depends on how match fit this Zyro is i guess.

Maybe build him up with a couple of sub appearances before starting him so we don't push him and he gets injured again.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Maybe build him up with a couple of sub appearances before starting him so we don't push him and he gets injured again.
    Same squad / bench for Blackpool as last week...

Put Reeves on the bench for Fosu, put Zyro on the bench in place of Hanlan
    SOunds about right although I think it might be a similar situation with Fosu. Ease him back in after injury.
    Him and Zyro would be a great double sub though.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Same squad / bench for Blackpool as last week...

Put Reeves on the bench for Fosu, put Zyro on the bench in place of Hanlan
    SOunds about right although I think it might be a similar situation with Fosu. Ease him back in after injury.
    Him and Zyro would be a great double sub though.
    Yeah Fosu / Reeves is the one we'll be waiting on until 2pm... I guess that Marshall could be a doubt too. He jumped and landed awkwardly just before being subbed (ended up cramp) so guess he could have done more damage perhaps?

Its a shame because we'll no doubt start with 4-2-3-1 and see how that works out yet Saturday we clearly looked stronger as an attacking outfit when we went 4-4-2... Fair enough against our top six rivals we should maybe be playing the first formation yet against a team struggling, we should be hitting them with everything that we've got
  • Options

A million stressful things on my mind yet I’m laying in bed making up sh*t songs for a,loan signing I’ve never heard of before :-(

Heigh-ho from Snow White

Zyyyyy roooooo,
    Zyyyyy roooooo,
    Zyro, Zyro, our Polish superstar
    You can keep Messi and keep Neymar
    Zyro,
    Zyro, Zyro, Zyro,
    Zyro

To the sugar sugar tune.........
    Fosu de de de de de de
    Oh Mavadidi de de de de de de
    We've sold Ricky Holmes you know
    But we've signed Michal Zyro

I'll get my coat.........
  • Options
    Why so many Wolves connections on here?
  • Options

Chizz said:

If he doesn't get the shirt number Zero I'm going to have to complain.

That's reserved for the earwig. Surely you've heard the chant at various grounds?

Earwig O
    Earwig O
    Earwig O
    O is a letter, 0 is a number. That's 'Oh' the letter and 'zero' the number.
  • Options
    I don't think Kaikai is going to sign, Palace expect him to start, also wages is an issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why so many Wolves connections on here?

They make quite good pets.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I don't think Kaikai is going to sign, Palace expect him to start, also wages is an issue.

How can wages be an issue? He's been on loan at Cambridge, Shrewsbury and Brentford! I doubt they were paying him a fortune.

Or do you mean wages are an issue because Roly doesn't want to pay any?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Seems to be a winger according to reports and his goals/assists, although i suppose a no 9 wouldnt be that prolific either
  • Options
    razil said:

Seems to be a winger according to reports and his goals/assists

First Wolves interview he described himself as a midfielder who could play left or right or down the middle, and he has a shot looking at the videos. He's tall and allegedly strong and has technical ability so playing up front in this league is unlikely to make him look any less a striker than poor Josh at the moment.
  • Options
    He's not really an out and out No9, as good an addition as he is, so maybe it'd be better to ditch the Kaikai loan, especially if Palace expect him to start every game, and try to loan in someone more adept to the lone or central striker role.

I'd expect Fosu in for Reeves at Blackpool, with Zyro on the bench and given half an hour ahead of perhaps starting the Oxford game.

KAG has looked more confident recently. Seems more likely to find the net than Magennis. I'd rather keep him and look to keep him involved. Maybe loan Hanlan out as he won't be required if KAG stays and with Zyro and possibly one other forward added.
  • Options

I'm excited about this signing. Let's hope he can hit them like this in front of the Covered End...

https://youtu.be/RCqcH47B8UA

https://youtu.be/4kj0QDda4C8

I wonder why the stadium was so empty for the second goal - the Polish equivalent of the Checkatrade Trophy?
  • Options
    Is Josh really a striker? Some of his best performances for us have been when he has played out wide and that is often how he is deployed for Northern Ireland. His goalscoring record over his career would equally suggest he is not a striker in the true sense of the word.

Does it then really matter whether Zyro is seen as a striker or midfielder? If he is technically good enough then at this level he should be able to play anywhere across the pitch, be successful and be more likely to put the ball in the net than Josh.
  • Options
    This seems a very positive move to me.

Welcome Mickey. Best of luck.
  • Options

Is Josh really a striker? Some of his best performances for us have been when he has played out wide and that is often how he is deployed for Northern Ireland. His goalscoring record over his career would equally suggest he is not a striker in the true sense of the word.

Does it then really matter whether Zyro is seen as a striker or midfielder? If he is technically good enough then at this level he should be able to play anywhere across the pitch, be successful and be more likely to put the ball in the net than Josh.

Certainly the way the game is played now, with a lot of interchanging positions, then yes, they should all be comfortable across the pitch and really we can look to any of Marshall, Magennis, Zyro, Fosu, Reeves, Mavididi, Aribo and Forster-Caskey to share the goals around.
  • Options
    Really happy with this signing.