Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weirdest thing a colleague has done

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell, thats the winner by a country mile!
  • Options

Although my story is not a weird thing that a colleague done, it is a great story about a colleague.

In 1983 I was sharing an office with an Irish guy who was married and living in the ground floor flat at 23 Cranley Gardens, Muswell Hill, North London.

For a couple of weeks he had been coming into work and complaining about the drains in the building. The problem was that there were three flats in the block and no resident was taking responsibility for the problem.

A week or so later his wife rang him at work and told him that raw sewage and foul smelling water was lifting the inspection cover on the drain down their side path, directly underneath their window. Jim told her to get Dyno Rod or a plumber out to sort the problem, and he would speak to the other residents that evening regarding the bill.

His wife rang him back that a plumber would be coming, but it wouldn’t be to the end of the day. As it was winter and it got dark by 4.30pm the plumber told her he might not be able to clear the blockage until the next day.

The next day Jim comes in to work to tell me that the drains were still blocked, and the plumbers were coming back that morning to sort the problem, however something really weird happened last night.
    About 1.30am he heard a noise down his side path and he could hear the Inspection Cover of the drain being lifted. He said that Dennis a guy living in the top floor flat had gone out in middle of the night and had looked down the manhole with a torch. Is that bizarre or what?

The next day was unbelievable.
    The first phone call from his wife, she says that the plumbers had arrived. They started clearing the blockage and that they had found some strange items down the drain.
    Remember this was before mobile phones, the plumber asks Jim’s wife to call the police and ask for a police car to be sent to the property. Jim asked what strange items have they found and his wife say’s the plumbers think they are human remains.

The second phone call. The police arrive; they also believe the items are probably human.

The third phone call. The police have arrived on mass. They have cordoned off the house and are searching all three properties within the building.

The fourth phone call. The police searched Jim’s flat, and the flat on the middle floor.
    The police then told Jim’s wife that when they searched Dennis Nilsen’s flat on the top floor they found human remains stored in the flat.

That evening when I left work it was headlines in the Evening News and Standard, and the main item on the BBC and ITV News.

My colleague had been friends and a neighbour of Dennis Nielsen. The serial killer who killed between 12 and 18 men.

There were a couple of footnotes to this story.
    As I have already mentioned this was before mobile phones. The following day Jim is back at work and he says, that evening there had been a knock on the door from an American TV News company. They had offered Jim and his wife £1,000 to allow them to be based in their flat, to let them have use of their telephone, and for Jim’s wife to keep them supplied with hot drinks and sandwiches throughout the day.

We were both earning about £175 per week at the time so this was a lot of money. Jim turned this offer down and said that he wasn’t interested. The house next door accepted the offer.

Jim, and Dennis Nilsen both owned dogs. Some evening they would walk their dogs together.
    When the police broke into Nilsen’s flat they found his dog. Jim’s wife offered to look after the dog, which the police agreed to.
    After a couple of weeks the police turned up and removed the dog. They told them that Nilsen had been feeding the dog human flesh (presumably he admitted this) and Jim said that the dog was going to be put down.

That aces everything else.
    If I'm not mistaken I believe there is a poster on here who knows Nielsen in a...er...professional capacity
  • Options
    Imagine 3 blokes had been murdered in the flat above yours and the bodies kept there for weeks.

Christ.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Imagine 3 blokes had been murdered in the flat above yours and the bodies kept there for weeks.

Christ.

I would miss his posts though.
    "Not a colleague but my old neighbour murdered one of CL's posters...."
  • Options
    Has Muttley contributed his yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As soon as I read the address I knew where this was going. One thing, after his wife’s fourth phone call did Jim not think it was time to head home?

What a story.
  • Options
    My brother used to work with Meredith Kercher. When she got murdered my parents house had a load of visits from the press because he was friends with her on Facebook. Seems a bit tame now...
  • Options
    Read it earlier. What a sad, terrifying tale.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

As soon as I read the address I knew where this was going. One thing, after his wife’s fourth phone call did Jim not think it was time to head home?

What a story.

Actually Jim did leave work early afternoon that day. I remember him saying that Cranley Gardens was shut off by the police, however the press and the TV companies had been allowed in and that it was like a circus outside.
  • Options
    sadly i think this thread has reached its zenith.

Can anyone top a Nilson story??

a real 'hold my beer' moment could be approaching...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just when you thought the Dennis Nielsen story was the winner ......
    Thank god he deleted it, man that was shocking as hell.........
  • Options

Wow. Hope everyone reads this one before GCHQ get involved.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Thank god he deleted it, man that was shocking as hell.........
    I read it before it was removed.... would have shook Charlton Life to the rafters.
  • Options
    But what did it saaaaaaaaay
  • Options

I thought mine was a little bit too disgusting to share so i removed it
  • Options

Yep you're right mate, a labrador as well, they're really nice dogs.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Although my story is not a weird thing that a colleague done, it is a great story about a colleague.

In 1983 I was sharing an office with an Irish guy who was married and living in the ground floor flat at 23 Cranley Gardens, Muswell Hill, North London.

For a couple of weeks he had been coming into work and complaining about the drains in the building. The problem was that there were three flats in the block and no resident was taking responsibility for the problem.

A week or so later his wife rang him at work and told him that raw sewage and foul smelling water was lifting the inspection cover on the drain down their side path, directly underneath their window. Jim told her to get Dyno Rod or a plumber out to sort the problem, and he would speak to the other residents that evening regarding the bill.

His wife rang him back that a plumber would be coming, but it wouldn’t be to the end of the day. As it was winter and it got dark by 4.30pm the plumber told her he might not be able to clear the blockage until the next day.

The next day Jim comes in to work to tell me that the drains were still blocked, and the plumbers were coming back that morning to sort the problem, however something really weird happened last night.
    About 1.30am he heard a noise down his side path and he could hear the Inspection Cover of the drain being lifted. He said that Dennis a guy living in the top floor flat had gone out in middle of the night and had looked down the manhole with a torch. Is that bizarre or what?

The next day was unbelievable.
    The first phone call from his wife, she says that the plumbers had arrived. They started clearing the blockage and that they had found some strange items down the drain.
    Remember this was before mobile phones, the plumber asks Jim’s wife to call the police and ask for a police car to be sent to the property. Jim asked what strange items have they found and his wife say’s the plumbers think they are human remains.

The second phone call. The police arrive; they also believe the items are probably human.

The third phone call. The police have arrived on mass. They have cordoned off the house and are searching all three properties within the building.

The fourth phone call. The police searched Jim’s flat, and the flat on the middle floor.
    The police then told Jim’s wife that when they searched Dennis Nilsen’s flat on the top floor they found human remains stored in the flat.

That evening when I left work it was headlines in the Evening News and Standard, and the main item on the BBC and ITV News.

My colleague had been friends and a neighbour of Dennis Nielsen. The serial killer who killed between 12 and 18 men.

There were a couple of footnotes to this story.
    As I have already mentioned this was before mobile phones. The following day Jim is back at work and he says, that evening there had been a knock on the door from an American TV News company. They had offered Jim and his wife £1,000 to allow them to be based in their flat, to let them have use of their telephone, and for Jim’s wife to keep them supplied with hot drinks and sandwiches throughout the day.

We were both earning about £175 per week at the time so this was a lot of money. Jim turned this offer down and said that he wasn’t interested. The house next door accepted the offer.

Jim, and Dennis Nilsen both owned dogs. Some evening they would walk their dogs together.
    When the police broke into Nilsen’s flat they found his dog. Jim’s wife offered to look after the dog, which the police agreed to.
    After a couple of weeks the police turned up and removed the dog. They told them that Nilsen had been feeding the dog human flesh (presumably he admitted this) and Jim said that the dog was going to be put down.

How can this be the winner dickies colleague wasn't Nilsen.
    Next it will be my colleagues mates brothers girlfriends sisters dog was best mates with bin laden
    My dogs sister, is Sailor Brown's daughters dog. ;)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Yep you're right mate, a labrador as well, they're really nice dogs.
    I haven't read this dog story yet, but that wasn't me