Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weirdest thing a colleague has done

Comments

• Options

The world of Radiography must be more boring than accountancy.

Probably, but I bet you’ve seen some arseholes in your time ;-)
    And more besides

• Options

A guy I worked with wasn’t feeling well and complaining of a headache. As noone had any painkillers, he wandered around opening random peoples draws until he found some tablets lying loosely about and swallowed them.

Next thing you know he (unsurprisingly) has an allegic reaction, his head swells to almost twice its size. This cues instant panic, ambulance trip and a visit to A&E,

The funny thing was, that he was back in the office the next morning as though nothing had happened.

We never found out what it was he swallowed as the bloke whose desk it was couldn't even remember having left any tablets in it!

Damn was hoping that you'd say that he'd taken some women's pills or something
    Bit like the fools and horses scratch when uncle Albert eats some BobMartin dog tablets.
    Woof woof
    Aren't you mixing up 2 classic comedies. Porridge had an episode where some pills were stolen, which Fletch had to swallow when Mckay caught him & which turned out to be for the Governors dog's bad breath
    Nope, there is an OFAH where Uncle Albert eats the dog pills and Duke eats Albert's sleeping pills.

Del and Rodney think they've killed the dog.
    Cheers mate I new I was not getting confused.
    Although at my age I often am
  • Options
    The question is, were you the giver or the taker?
  • Options

Not sure what you mean by that comment Robbo
  • Options
    Chizz said:

If "colleague" can be extended to sports team-mate, then I will tell you about someone I played cricket with for twenty years called Steve.

Steve was a brilliant wicket-keeper batsman about twenty years before I knew him. But, by the time I had been introduced to him, booze, fags and an odd diet had put paid to any sporting prowess. In fact, he was usually only picked to make the rest of the team look better.

For a while, Steve lived in Brighton and worked in Victoria. So he had a simple train journey home every night. Things didn't always go to plan, however. One night, after too many beers, he got the Brighton train from Victoria, but fell into a deep sleep. He woke up several hours later, surrounded by commuters, just as the train was pulling in to Victoria. He got out of the train and walked to work.

He used to eat a lot of curry. Typically, he would buy a chicken phall somewhere in Victoria, take it home on the train, eat half of it that night when he got home, stick it in the fridge and have the rest for breakfast the next morning. One day, he went through this routine, bought the curry, got on the train, put the curry on the overhead luggage rack and sat opposite it. A man - specifically a bald man - got on, sat opposite him (under the curry) and promptly fell asleep. Steve fell asleep too, but woke up before the bald passenger and looked up at his curry to check it was ok. It wasn't. It had slipped out of the bag, the lid had come off and chicken phall was now dripping down the wall of the train carriage from the bag and onto the bald head of the bloke opposite him. An unguent, gooey, pungent gloop, smothering the bald stranger's pate. Steve got up, changed carriages, and went hungry that night.

One night, in Brighton, Steve was mugged. The mugger told him to give him any cash he had. Steve - absolutely pissed at this time - said he didn't have any, but would he accept a cheque? The bloke agreed. So Steve wrote him a cheque. Then, as he didn't have a cheque card, wrote his address on the back.

He umpired a game of cricket once, at Bexleyheath (or is it Bexley? The ground next to Welling Utd, anyway). The opening bowler bowled his first delivery and Steve signalled a no-ball. The bowler asked him whether it was for his front foot or back foot, so he could make adjustments on his next delivery. Steve told him it wasn't because of his feet, it was because the bowler hadn't told him he was bowling "right arm over". The bowler got the hump and bowled a vicious bouncer next ball. Steve gave another no-ball. "What was THAT for?" he said. "You still haven't told me".

He got fined for a minor financial misdemeanour. The judge handed down the fine - £500. "That's ok" said Steve, "is a pound a year ok?"

A mutual friend - Pete - got a visit from the police looking for Steve once. They explained why they were looking for him - something "unusual" had happened with one of the companies Steve owned. Pete said he was sorry, but didn't know where Steve was. The police said that's ok, because they were after him - Pete - too. "Why?" "Because you're the Company Secretary". Steve had set up a limited company and put Pete down as Company Secretary, without bothering to tell him.

Lovely man. Sadly missed. RIP Steve.

That is both funny and sad
  • Options

That's a myth.
  • Options

Chizz said:

If "colleague" can be extended to sports team-mate, then I will tell you about someone I played cricket with for twenty years called Steve.

Steve was a brilliant wicket-keeper batsman about twenty years before I knew him. But, by the time I had been introduced to him, booze, fags and an odd diet had put paid to any sporting prowess. In fact, he was usually only picked to make the rest of the team look better.

For a while, Steve lived in Brighton and worked in Victoria. So he had a simple train journey home every night. Things didn't always go to plan, however. One night, after too many beers, he got the Brighton train from Victoria, but fell into a deep sleep. He woke up several hours later, surrounded by commuters, just as the train was pulling in to Victoria. He got out of the train and walked to work.

He used to eat a lot of curry. Typically, he would buy a chicken phall somewhere in Victoria, take it home on the train, eat half of it that night when he got home, stick it in the fridge and have the rest for breakfast the next morning. One day, he went through this routine, bought the curry, got on the train, put the curry on the overhead luggage rack and sat opposite it. A man - specifically a bald man - got on, sat opposite him (under the curry) and promptly fell asleep. Steve fell asleep too, but woke up before the bald passenger and looked up at his curry to check it was ok. It wasn't. It had slipped out of the bag, the lid had come off and chicken phall was now dripping down the wall of the train carriage from the bag and onto the bald head of the bloke opposite him. An unguent, gooey, pungent gloop, smothering the bald stranger's pate. Steve got up, changed carriages, and went hungry that night.

One night, in Brighton, Steve was mugged. The mugger told him to give him any cash he had. Steve - absolutely pissed at this time - said he didn't have any, but would he accept a cheque? The bloke agreed. So Steve wrote him a cheque. Then, as he didn't have a cheque card, wrote his address on the back.

He umpired a game of cricket once, at Bexleyheath (or is it Bexley? The ground next to Welling Utd, anyway). The opening bowler bowled his first delivery and Steve signalled a no-ball. The bowler asked him whether it was for his front foot or back foot, so he could make adjustments on his next delivery. Steve told him it wasn't because of his feet, it was because the bowler hadn't told him he was bowling "right arm over". The bowler got the hump and bowled a vicious bouncer next ball. Steve gave another no-ball. "What was THAT for?" he said. "You still haven't told me".

He got fined for a minor financial misdemeanour. The judge handed down the fine - £500. "That's ok" said Steve, "is a pound a year ok?"

A mutual friend - Pete - got a visit from the police looking for Steve once. They explained why they were looking for him - something "unusual" had happened with one of the companies Steve owned. Pete said he was sorry, but didn't know where Steve was. The police said that's ok, because they were after him - Pete - too. "Why?" "Because you're the Company Secretary". Steve had set up a limited company and put Pete down as Company Secretary, without bothering to tell him.

That is both funny and sad
    A bit like CLB74.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Steve sounds great.
  • Options

That's a myth.
    Both a taker and a giver eh?
  • Options
    That mugging story!
  • Options
    The cheque story is brilliant!
  • Options
    As far-fetched as some of these stories are, this is still fast becoming my favourite thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are some great threads on this forum, but this has become my favourite!

Some cracking stories!
  • Options

That's a myth.
    Both a taker and a giver eh?
    Neither, but I do know the expression is a myth.

I mix in certain circles.
  • Options
    Quite the dinner party tale, that. Woooooooow.