Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Match off this afternoon. Sheffield Utd's pitch unsurprisingly frozen.
  • Options
    If anyone's looking for some football to watch, this afternoon's women's game is being streamed on YouTube by the hosts, Coventry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE49e4iy9-M Kickoff 2pm.

A real six-pointer, this. One of our two remaining games against the other two teams at the bottom. Win and we're strong favourites to stay up. Lose and we're probably odds-against. 

(For the uninitiated - Coventry United play in red, we're in change colours.)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Cheers @Swindon_Addick Watching this. 
    Still 0-0 but Charlton by far the better team so far.
  • Options
    0-0 at halftime.
    How we’re not winning, I don’t know.
    All over them.
  • Options
    Yes well on top. Looks like we are missing a striker. Someone like Kit Graham 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    1-0 up. 😎👍🏼 Jess King.
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton

• Options
    Cov hit the bar and a fracas in the penalty area. Two players on the floor.
  • Options
    I reckon we should put a few of the women into the team for Tuesday. Much more fight in them than the men’s team. There’s even been a rugby style square-off following a late challenge on the Charlton keeper
  • Options
    Need to capitalise on our superiority. 
    1-0 isn’t enough at the moment as they are capable of getting an equaliser here. Just like the men, the women have sat back after taking the lead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    2-0. 😎👍🏼
    Couldn’t hear commentator, but I think it might have been Lois Heuchan who scored. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    3-0  :)
    ? Did I miss a goal?

Edit: No I didn’t.  It’s 2-0. Don’t know what @southamptonaddick is watching! 🤔
  • Options
    No, still 2-0
  • Options
    Coventry down to 10 women. Wilcox sent off. 🙂
  • Options
    2-0. 😎👍🏼
    Couldn’t hear commentator, but I think it might have been Lois Heuchan who scored. 
    I thought missed a goal as you said it was 2-0  :*
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Won 2-0. Off the bottom. 😎
    Actually, we were above Cov on goal difference already. We’re now above The Bees as well. 
  • Options
    Very determined win.

The team looked the better side throughout the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yes, they looked the better team so I think this was a big result. Some players look ok. I think the priority for next season ought to be a bit of pace and a couple of players who can hoof the ball a bit.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win definitely deserved. Should stay up now. Would have been a big blow to TS plans if we'd have gone down. 
  • Options
    Well that makes the table look a lot more healthy. 10 points and a decent goal difference may already be enough, and we still have a game against Bees to come, which Coventry don't.

Three games next month against mid-table opposition, Lewes, Palace and Lionesses. A few points from those games would help a lot. Then 4 April is the big one at home to Bees, followed by games against Durham and Leicester. We really don't want to end up needing a point from either of those last two.

The Lewes game on 7 March is the free FA Player game next weekend. faplayer.thefa.com - kick-off 2pm and leave yourself time to register your email address with them if you haven't used it before. If you don't see us listed on screen, just scroll past the WSL games.
  • Options
    A defeat would have been a disaster for either side looking at the table. Better the disaster was theirs.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Can we get CAFC Women on Valley Pass too?

Might make easier watching than the chaps. 
  • Options
    It does feel like one more win will do it and they have a decent chance of staying up without it. It would have looked totally different if they lost.

I'd watch the women's games given the opportunity.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can we get CAFC Women on Valley Pass too?

Might make easier watching than the chaps. 
    No not yet anyway although suspect it is being something looked at. As Swindon says above the Lewes game on March 7 is on faplayer which is free. 
  • Options
    It was interesting to see that Coventry used Facebook on Sunday. Only a few glitches and the picture was fine with my laptop linked to my 42" TV.

Our games are recorded with a single camera so this might be a way of showing the games. 
  • Options
    Sorry to see that  Chloe Mustaki has left the club. She is recovering from an ACL injury sustained on International duty.

She has returned to Ireland and joined Shelbourne.