Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    such good news, would love to see us take aim at the top of the table next season 
  • Options
    No game this weekend; Palace away at 8pm on Thursday. Not aware that it's being streamed anywhere, but next Sunday's game against Lionesses is on FA Player at 4.30. In the past, some games being shown on FA player have also gone out live on Valley Pass.
  • Options
    No game this weekend; Palace away at 8pm on Thursday. Not aware that it's being streamed anywhere, but next Sunday's game against Lionesses is on FA Player at 4.30. In the past, some games being shown on FA player have also gone out live on Valley Pass.
    Charlton are streaming it on the YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5wYYm5pUYg&ab_channel=CharltonAthleticFootballClub
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I will probably have it on on my laptop and watch the England game on my TV. Shame it wasn't a 6pm kick off. Win tonight and we are pretty safe I would imagine.
  • Options
    I will probably have it on on my laptop and watch the England game on my TV. Shame it wasn't a 6pm kick off. Win tonight and we are pretty safe I would imagine.
    Charlton before England for me.
  • Options
    1-0 to Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Side note... Palace playing home games at Hayes Lane? Always knew they were wrong uns in Bromley... :-)
    Bromley = Palace
  • Options
    Sandgaard will be joining the commentary for the second half. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed that so far. We have some good players, especially the one with the ponytail.
  • Options
    Sandgaard "it's always nice to be beating Palace"

He gets it!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    So close to a famous win. An own goal in injury time is a particularly bad way to miss out. But still, another point against a team higher up the table, another step towards a respectable points total for the season and something like 700 people watching on youtube. Would be great to get a few more down to Crayford next season.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Watched the game. I think the game was there to be won, but we didn't take it by the scruff of the neck. Whilst a win would have made relegation unlikely in the extreme, a point is quite helpful. 

What did cross my mind was whilst Sandgaard's arrival and professional contracts probably means exciting times for the club, most of the players will probably not be part of that. I suspect three or four, including the keeper, will remain. Some may see it as an opportunity and some may be fearful of it.
  • Options
    Are they going to stay at Crayford beyond this season? Can't see Oakwood being where you want to get into WSL or the top end of the Championship. 

We'll be moving into one of the Conference South club grounds round here won't we?
  • Options
    Watched the game. I think the game was there to be won, but we didn't take it by the scruff of the neck. Whilst a win would have made relegation unlikely in the extreme, a point is quite helpful. 

What did cross my mind was whilst Sandgaard's arrival and professional contracts probably means exciting times for the club, most of the players will probably not be part of that. I suspect three or four, including the keeper, will remain. Some may see it as an opportunity and some may be fearful of it.
    I think most won't go pro, if you are of an age you have to think on longevity for one, no point someone 30 giving up a career for maybe 2 years pro football (they won't earn loads!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Are they going to stay at Crayford beyond this season? Can't see Oakwood being where you want to get into WSL or the top end of the Championship. 

We'll be moving into one of the Conference South club grounds round here won't we?
    Counting your pigeons there.

The Oakwood is a lovely ground and will be fine for next season. Great clubhouse, excellent beer and food.
  • Options
    The club have confirmed that the Lionesses game on Sunday will be on Valley Pass as well as FA Player. 4.30, not the usual 2pm. 
  • Options
    The club have confirmed that the Lionesses game on Sunday will be on Valley Pass as well as FA Player. 4.30, not the usual 2pm. 
    So again to clash with the England game! Are they doing this deliberately? hard to watch 2 games at once properly
  • Options
    Yes, surely the usual 2pm would have been better!
  • Options
    HT: 0-0
  • Options
    FT: 0-0
  • Options
    Good to see TS watching the Addicks Women. It can only help the club, the academy and the attitude in the community having the women’s side get stronger.
  • Options
    Not a great game today, but they looked pretty solid.
    It’s another point closer to safety and both Coventry and London Bees lost today, so hopefully the new owner and new manager will be planning how to improve the team in the Championship again next year.
    Im looking forward to watching the team, hopefully challenging at the top end of the table, next season.