Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Playing Lewes @ 2pm today... Game is free on ValleyPass
  • Options
    @AFKABartram

can’t have the boss miss this 
  • Options
    @AFKABartram

Has it be better than watching the mens xi right now?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    @AFKABartram

Has it be better than watching the mens xi right now?
    I can only read that in a pirates voice for some reason. 
  • Options
    Lewes are a much better side than Coventry were. Lewes have been on top so far, but still 0-0.
  • Options
    London Bees losing
  • Options
    HT 0-0.

Awful game to be honest, compared with last Sunday.
  • Options
    half time. 0-0

pretty poor game so far. Lewes better but not creating a huge amount. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    HT 0-0.

Awful game to be honest, compared with last Sunday.
    Yeah, not great. Hopefully they’ll come out firing in the second half.
  • Options
    strange episode of MTV Cribs on at the moment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    strange episode of MTV Cribs on at the moment 
    “MTV Eyebrows”
  • Options
    1-0! Get in girls!
  • Options
    Charlton 1 up 

Jess King 
  • Options
    1-0

Come on the girls!
  • Options
    Hate to say it, as it’s the old cliché with women’s football, but the goalkeeping for the goal was appalling.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    1-1

Terrible back header
  • Options
    one last corner 

Come on you Reds 
  • Options
    FT 1 - 1

Bowyer out 
  • Options
    1-1 final result. Much better second half from the girls and looked very dangerous in the last ten minutes.

Shame that a poor mistake cost two points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty poor game. I guess a point is ok. Keep picking up points here and there and we’ll be ok. Bees losing 7-0. Coventry winning. Still pretty tight at the bottom.
  • Options
    in the present situation with just one due to go down will count as a point gained rather than 2 lost. Stay up and rebuild in the summer. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    in the present situation with just one due to go down will count as a point gained rather than 2 lost. Stay up and rebuild in the summer. 
    Yep. Absolutely.
    Also, the Bees look like they’re in all sorts of trouble. We’re now 3 points clear of them with 3 games in hand and their goal difference is pretty much worth another point. 
  • Options
    Vital point given that Coventry won. This is the sort of game we were losing by the odd goal earlier in the season, and particularly last season. It's always going to be tough in a league where half the teams are full-time professionals but we've got a couple more games against mid-table teams and then the big one against Bees. We can do this.
  • Options
    You can see there is something to build on. Our keeper looked decent. 
  • Options
    first time i have seen us play this season. are the other matches available free via valley pass or was this just a one off? 
  • Options
    first time i have seen us play this season. are the other matches available free via valley pass or was this just a one off? 
    certainly not every game. I think there have been 2 or 3 others so far. 
  • Options
    Hate to say it, as it’s the old cliché with women’s football, but the goalkeeping for the goal was appalling.
    We've talked about it before, the powers that be should consider making the cross bar a few in inches lower. Women by nature are a few inches shorter than men. 

If I remember I'll turn in and watch next Sunday. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    We've talked about it before, the powers that be should consider making the cross bar a few in inches lower. Women by nature are a few inches shorter than men. 

Maybe that’s a debate for another day, but this was nothing to do with the size of the goal. One of our girls took a relatively tame shot along the ground. It should have been end of move right there. Goalie inexplicably failed to gather it and miscontrolled the ball, dropping it at the feet of our player and she put it away. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Maybe that’s a debate for another day, but this was nothing to do with the size of the goal. One of our girls took a relatively tame shot along the ground. It should have been end of move right there. Goalie inexplicably failed to gather it and miscontrolled the ball, dropping it at the feet of our player and she put it away. 
    This. It is patronising to suggest women should play with smaller goals. The game was 1-1. Not 9 -8 and it doesn't seem to me that there are too many unusual scores at the highest level of the women's game.

There are women goalkeepers today that show the size of the goal is not an issue.  I believe we will see improvements as time goes on. Keeping is such a technical position and we need to see the female keepers who have come out of a full process.

I thought our keeper looked promising though. Her handling was very good. She is young and I hope she is getting some top coaching now the women's club has become part of the overall club again.