Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

Comments

• Both huge losses and both sign for Birmingham…
  • Both Rebecca & Tegan have got 2 year contracts with Birmingham.

Somebody needs to wake up at Sparrows Lane.
  • Bit of a difficult time for women's football. The wave can never last forever and all the Lioness support fever has started to die down enough that teams feel comfortable pulling back on their spending. Reading are just a mess but it's become clear that Man Utd aren't interested in focusing any effort on their women's team. Earps has walked and agents are telling players not to go there as there's not going to be enough support from the club. I wouldn't be shocked to see Chelsea start to pull back a bit as well under their owners, I really hope that ours don't see what I think will be a growing trend in scaling back and do it to our team. It's been nice actually having a good Charlton team to follow recently.
    Think one of the recent qualifiers didnt even get a single comment on here 
  • Do we have any players left?
  • Championship under huge pressure with the gulf between it and WSL massive in every way. Neither of 2 previous posts help. (the contents not posting them !). not sure how this can easily be resolved. 
  • I thought the new structure they were bringing in with the new ownership was to stop this type of thing from happening
  • Sponsored links:

• Carla has loads of experience and a great dead ball delivery. She's a great personality around the club too. Hoping this is the corner being turned with more joining soon especaill after losing Becca and Teagan.
  • Finally some good news!
  • and then the bad news. Mel Johnson has departed having not taken up the offer of a new contract.

• Some time to go but it feels like the wheels have come off.
  • edited July 8
    Karin Muya has signed a new 1 year deal. 

So we've got at least 2 players for next season.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/karin-muya-signs-new-contract
  • I guess we'll have to see what happens. Feels a lot like they were banking on getting the promotion, especially from CM's comments on the season during his interview. It was interesting the rumour going round that the WSL might expand soon and CAFC have possibly been earmarked for a place (based on facilities, history I expect) My suspicion is that we'll not push the boat out trying to get the single promotion spot, and bide our time until the WSL expansion happens? This is just supposition and probably putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 (insert joke about contracted squad numbers here)
  • I guess we'll have to see what happens. Feels a lot like they were banking on getting the promotion, especially from CM's comments on the season during his interview. It was interesting the rumour going round that the WSL might expand soon and CAFC have possibly been earmarked for a place (based on facilities, history I expect) My suspicion is that we'll not push the boat out trying to get the single promotion spot, and bide our time until the WSL expansion happens? This is just supposition and probably putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 (insert joke about contracted squad numbers here)
    You're OK I don't think 2+2 can make the 6. As of this morning. Will be interesting if they post a video of the arrivals for pre season training.
  • Good news that Keira Skeels has signed on for another year.
  • Beth Roe has also signed a one year deal. Getting there slowly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank god for that, our two best players secured. Only a one year deal for both so I reckon this is our last chance to go up with them before they move on to greener pastures. With them and N'Dow we just need to go out for a left back (again) and the backline will be ok, which is the most important thing in a Hills team
  • Thank god for that, our two best players secured. Only a one year deal for both so I reckon this is our last chance to go up with them before they move on to greener pastures. With them and N'Dow we just need to go out for a left back (again) and the backline will be ok, which is the most important thing in a Hills team
    A goal scoring centre forward is really important for the new season.
  • After sending Tom Rubashow an email the team sheet on the website has miraculously been updated. 9 players shown. Still far too weak for the Championship.
  • Well yes, you do typically need 11. I think they might know that though, give them some time. I seem to recall you were fussing about the team not having enough players mid-transfer window this time last year and we ended up within a hair of promotion. If the season starts and we still only have 9 players I'll concede that we have a problem
  • I could be wrong but I feel like the men's and women's transfer windows work quite differently in reality. Shorter contracts mean more free agents biding their time just waiting for a better deal to come to the table. I'm not overly concerned at this stage
  • Well yes, you do typically need 11. I think they might know that though, give them some time. I seem to recall you were fussing about the team not having enough players mid-transfer window this time last year and we ended up within a hair of promotion. If the season starts and we still only have 9 players I'll concede that we have a problem
    Yes but it shows the difference between the men's and women's teams. The men got players in before pre season. The women are back with not enough for even 5 a side. Hopefully the new general manager starting soon will get things going. Not forgetting that a lot of the players that got so close are no longer with the club.
  • The women's game is always several weeks behind the men's.  I'm sure it's all in hand
  • Newcastle and Birmingham will have the budget to be at the top end of the Championship and Bristol City will be looking to make an immediate return to the top flight as well 

Charlton will do very well to finish above those 3 clubs this coming season. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Newcastle and Birmingham will have the budget to be at the top end of the Championship and Bristol City will be looking to make an immediate return to the top flight as well 

LCL have new owners and money to spend too, apparently. Then on the other end of things, you have Blackburn and Sheffield Utd in trouble and Reading dropping out completely. It's going to be a division of extremes, by the looks of it.
  • shirty5 said:
    Newcastle and Birmingham will have the budget to be at the top end of the Championship and Bristol City will be looking to make an immediate return to the top flight as well 

LCL have new owners and money to spend too, apparently. Then on the other end of things, you have Blackburn and Sheffield Utd in trouble and Reading dropping out completely. It's going to be a division of extremes, by the looks of it.
    LCL already have a squad of 20.