Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

Comments

• Signed Midfielder Katie Bradley from Blackburn 
  • Don't know much about her but going by the videos so far her natural state appears to be rage, so I like her already
  • Signed Gracie Pearse on a 2 year deal. Another good option at the back and she looks like a player with potential
  • Addison has gone to Ipswich 😞
  • But we’ve signed Mel Filis so I’m happy again 😎
  • Addison has gone to Ipswich 😞
    Aren't they in the third tier? Also unfortunately Addison barely featured last season so it makes a lot of sense on both sides
  • sam3110 said:
    Addison has gone to Ipswich 😞
    Aren't they in the third tier? Also unfortunately Addison barely featured last season so it makes a lot of sense on both sides
    She featured in the early games but often struggled with 2 defenders marking her.
  • Crusty54 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Addison has gone to Ipswich 😞
    She featured in the early games but often struggled with 2 defenders marking her.
    It was pretty clear towards the end of the season she wasn’t going to feature going forward.
    I just loved her attitude. She clearly just wants to play and she definitely will there, fair play.
  • I feel like Addison hadn't progressed at all in the past few years. When she came in in 2022 she had explosive pace and a trick in her but she felt quite raw. I thought after a couple of years she'd kick on and add more to her game but it feels like she left about as good as when she joined. Compare her to someone like Katie Robinson who we saw looking fairly similar but has improved multiple aspects of her game every year. I did like her and her speed provided us something different in what can be quite a one-paced team but I think we need more out wide
  • Do we know when the fixtures are out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Signed a Hungarian international midfielder in Gloria Siber today.

Gloria Siber signs professional contract | Charlton Athletic Football Club (charltonafc.com)

Don’t tell Dobbo!
  • edited July 17
    Jemma White is the new Head of Women's Football.

• Not a moan as such, but just something that I've experienced, being in the girl's game. 

I've been trying for over two years now to get Charlton women players/coaches down to run some sessions with our girls in Medway. I have 5 girls teams at my club now. It's not a million miles from Charlton, and if you're looking to grow your brand, and encourage more girls along to watch the team and even potentially build some ties with grassroots clubs from a pathway perspective, then this is a good way to do that. I've actually made this and many other suggestions.

Currently the best local players are getting hoovered up by the ever growing number of JPL teams down here. There seems to be virtually no presence for Charlton here. Now LCL are expanding. They've purchased a training base in Aylesford. There is clear investment. 

One of the coaches at my club asked about someone coming to run a session with the girls and the LCL response was an instant yes. With Charlton I've been asking for over two years, and still nothing.

I'd love to link my club up to a pathway that fed Charlton. It looks like if we want to create those opportunities then it'll be LCL. 
    I would contact the new General Manager when the club get round to announcing her.

If you're on LInkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jemma-white/?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app
  • Signed a Hungarian international midfielder in Gloria Siber today.

Gloria Siber signs professional contract | Charlton Athletic Football Club (charltonafc.com)

She joined the Academy last Summer so not a completely new signing.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Not a moan as such, but just something that I've experienced, being in the girl's game. 

I've been trying for over two years now to get Charlton women players/coaches down to run some sessions with our girls in Medway. I have 5 girls teams at my club now. It's not a million miles from Charlton, and if you're looking to grow your brand, and encourage more girls along to watch the team and even potentially build some ties with grassroots clubs from a pathway perspective, then this is a good way to do that. I've actually made this and many other suggestions.

Currently the best local players are getting hoovered up by the ever growing number of JPL teams down here. There seems to be virtually no presence for Charlton here. Now LCL are expanding. They've purchased a training base in Aylesford. There is clear investment. 

One of the coaches at my club asked about someone coming to run a session with the girls and the LCL response was an instant yes. With Charlton I've been asking for over two years, and still nothing.

I'd love to link my club up to a pathway that fed Charlton. It looks like if we want to create those opportunities then it'll be LCL. 
    I would contact the new General Manager when the club get round to announcing her.

If you're on LInkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jemma-white/?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app
    Also try Charltons Community team they do arrange a fair bit
  • And a second Sheffield United defender joining us in a day in Newsham. 

Need a couple of goalscorers in but the squad is starting to shape up
  • Sponsored links:

• Signed Charlotte Newsham, Sheff Utd's 2023 player of the year. Very good signing that, she's played mostly at CB for Sheff Utd recently but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw her at LB
  • sam3110 said:
    And a second Sheffield United defender joining us in a day in Newsham. 

Need a couple of goalscorers in but the squad is starting to shape up
    It's looking like a solid core. Agreed we will hopefully get some goals, pace and power up top and on the flanks.
  • Ella Rutherford has joined Ipswich.
  • Ella Rutherford has joined Ipswich.
    Follows Addison. Decent signings for that level if they stay fit and find form of old
  • Goalkeeper Sophie Whitehouse signed from Lewes on a 1 year contract.
  • Squad seems to be coming together now.

And worth bearing in mind the season doesn't start until 7-8 September, so still time for more with a chance to gel and hit the ground running.
  • 18 year old forward, signed her first pro deal a week ago with West Ham, hopefully she's a natural goalscorer because that's what we really need to help push us on
  • sam3110 said:
    18 year old forward, signed her first pro deal a week ago with West Ham, hopefully she's a natural goalscorer because that's what we really need to help push us on
    8 goals in 12 starts for West Ham under 21s last season.
  • Won 3-1 at Chatham Women yesterday. Goals from Roe and Bashford (2). Featured several under 21s.