Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

Comments

• Ticket prices for league games assuming you buy in advance:

£10 standard
    £7 over-65
    £6 under-25
    £5 under-18

As usual all tickets are in West Lower. There's no segregation but away supporters tend to gravitate towards the front of block F to be near the away dugout so maybe avoid that bit.

I haven't seen any info about parking. The car park has usually been available first come first served for women's games. Most games are on Sundays so plenty of free parking available right outside the ground as residents' parking doesn't operate on Sundays.

For some reason the Villa friendly doesn't have a reduction for the 18-25 age group:
    £8 standard
    £5 over-65
    £8 under-25
    £2 under-18

Prices for cup games will be announced at the time.
  • Bearing in mind we have 1 less league game this year, it would be a fair gesture of the club to make the Villa friendly free to season ticket holders. 
  • edited August 24
    1 Sep: Aston Villa, HOME friendly, 2pm. At The Valley. £8 adult, £5 over-65, £2 under-18
    8 Sep: Portsmouth, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18
    14 Sep (Saturday): Sheffield United, away. 5.30pm. At Bramall Lane. £10 adult, £5 senior, junior, disabled or student. Tickets from here.
    22 Sep: Durham, HOME, 12 noon. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18
    29 Sep: Blackburn Rovers, away. 12 noon. At Ewood Park. £10 adult, £8 over-65, £6 under-18, £4 under-12. Tickets from here.
    2 or 3 Oct: League Cup fixture TBC (Palace, Spurs or Villa)

All prices assume you order in advance - I can't be bothered to go hunting to see which clubs up the price on the day. For away games you need to buy from the home club. No-one segregates, with the possible exception of away games at WSL clubs in which case arrangements would be announced at the time.
  • We’re 2-1 up in the friendly against Villa at the Valley.
    Anyone there?
    Brazil & Barton for us.

• Against a WSL team as well, pretty good going all things considered
  • Sounds a good performance. Didn't make it. Next week, the League starts v Portsmouth. Hope to be there for that 
  • Squad numbers as published the day before the Villa friendly.

• edited September 3
    8 Sep: Portsmouth, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18
    14 Sep (Saturday): Sheffield United, away. 5.30pm. At Bramall Lane. £10 adult, £5 senior, junior, disabled or student. Tickets from here.
    22 Sep: Durham, HOME, 12 noon. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18
    29 Sep: Blackburn Rovers, away. 12 noon. At Ewood Park. £10 adult, £8 over-65, £6 under-18, £4 under-12. Tickets from here.
    2 Oct (Weds): Tottenham Hotspur (League Cup), HOME, 7.15pm. At The Valley. Prices to be confirmed.
    6 Oct; Sunderland, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18. Not on sale yet. Will be live on YouTube.

Edit: added the League Cup fixture which was announced shortly after I posted this.
  • edited September 3
    14 Sep (Saturday): Sheffield United, away. 5.30pm. At Bramall Lane. £10 adult, £5 senior, junior, disabled or student. Tickets from here.
    29 Sep: Blackburn Rovers, away. 12 noon. At Ewood Park. £10 adult, £8 over-65, £6 under-18, £4 under-12. Tickets from here.
    6 Oct; Sunderland, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18. Not on sale yet. Will be live on YouTube.
    I'm intending to go to more womens games this season (not hard I only went to one last season, I did go to a few in the glory days) but if the fixture list has mens and womens games on consecutive days then I'm not going to be able to get to matches.  Surely this could have been taken in to consideration when developing the fixture list*.  Apart from fans that can't get to both weekend days, despite our new pitch it cannot be great to have games two days in a row. 

* The general concept not my diary!!
  • Sponsored links:

• League cup fixtures. Just the one at home this season:

Weds 2 Oct, Tottenham Hotspur, HOME, 7.15pm. At the Valley
    Sun 24 Nov, Crystal Palace, away, 2pm. At Sutton United FC
    Weds 11 Dec, Aston Villa, away, 7.15pm. At Walsall FC

These fixtures are normally midweek but it looks like this year they decided to give it one of the weekend slots. In the event that Arsenal fail to reach the group stage in Europe, there is a one in three chance of the fixtures being changed to accommodate them. 
  •  Would you like to win a pair of Charlton Athletic Women FC hospitality tickets?

* 2 tickets for this Sundays opening game v Portsmouth Women FC
    * Access to the clubs 1905 lounge with reserved seating
    * Directors box seating
    * Watch the Player of the match presentation

To be in with a chance of winning, simply follow us on our social media platforms : 

Share or retweet this post commenting what you think the score will be on Sunday.

Good luck !!

Winner will be picked Friday 6th September at 12 noon!
  • Kap10 said:
    I'm intending to go to more womens games this season (not hard I only went to one last season, I did go to a few in the glory days) but if the fixture list has mens and womens games on consecutive days then I'm not going to be able to get to matches.  Surely this could have been taken in to consideration when developing the fixture list*.  Apart from fans that can't get to both weekend days, despite our new pitch it cannot be great to have games two days in a row. 

Agree, it would make a lot more sense to not make them home the same weekend. It will put a lot of people off. Including a lot of  families.
  • redman said:
    Kap10 said:

Agree, it would make a lot more sense to not make them home the same weekend. It will put a lot of people off. Including a lot of  families.
    The club doesn't choose the dates of the fixtures.
  • Crusty54 said:
    redman said:
    Kap10 said:

Clubs must have some input eg we wouldn't be allowed to play on the same day as the London Marathon. Manure not playing when there is an OT test. Teams who groundshare
  • redman said:
    Crusty54 said:
    redman said:
    Kap10 said:

Clubs must have some input eg we wouldn't be allowed to play on the same day as the London Marathon. Manure not playing when there is an OT test. Teams who groundshare
    That's local authorities not the club
  • Well if you're both right that clubs have absolutely no input, it doesn't take away my point. It just means that the women's game is missing a big trick. I can't believe we're the only club who have supporters who like to attend both games, give priority to the men's team, but less likely to go home games on both days of the weekend. 
  • redman said:
    Well if you're both right that clubs have absolutely no input, it doesn't take away my point. It just means that the women's game is missing a big trick. I can't believe we're the only club who have supporters who like to attend both games, give priority to the men's team, but less likely to go home games on both days of the weekend. 
    Women’s games are specifically on a Sunday to create a routine like going at 3pm on a Saturday. Not all women’s teams play near the men’s team so going to both matches would be hard (like it would have been for us last few seasons). Plus in the top division lots of games are very full already in both big stadia and small stadia. It’ll take time but it’ll grow more and more. If we manage to go up to the WSL I bet attendances will increase just like the men’s attendances increase when the club is doing well. 
  • Apologies if already mentioned. The Grauniad predicts we’ll come first. That’s us scuppered. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard on the BBC this morning that Katie Startup has just joined Manchester City on a 2 year deal. She was our keeper in the promotion season and the first couple of years at this level, before she moved to Brighton.
  • Apologies if already mentioned. The Grauniad predicts we’ll come first. That’s us scuppered. 
    That's surprising given how close the season was as a whole last year and how much churn there was in the playing staff over the summer. 

I just hope a successful season, playing at The Valley, the overall investment recently and the potential expansion of the WSL will result in us getting a ticket to the top table
  • redman said:
    Well if you're both right that clubs have absolutely no input, it doesn't take away my point. It just means that the women's game is missing a big trick. I can't believe we're the only club who have supporters who like to attend both games, give priority to the men's team, but less likely to go home games on both days of the weekend. 
    Certainly this is the case with the two Charlton teams and whilst we may or may not have influence it would make sense for men's and women's games to be on alternate weekends, regardless of the actual ground locations. 

As it stands at the moment I'll miss out on league games but will try to get to the Spurs game in the cup.
  • fenaddick said:
    redman said:
    Women’s games are specifically on a Sunday to create a routine like going at 3pm on a Saturday. Not all women’s teams play near the men’s team so going to both matches would be hard (like it would have been for us last few seasons). Plus in the top division lots of games are very full already in both big stadia and small stadia. It’ll take time but it’ll grow more and more. If we manage to go up to the WSL I bet attendances will increase just like the men’s attendances increase when the club is doing well. 
    You really do miss my point. For the women's game to grow it's needs to take advantage of every opportunity. 
  • redman said:
    fenaddick said:
    redman said:
    You really do miss my point. For the women's game to grow it's needs to take advantage of every opportunity. 
    No I don’t, I’m saying that the women’s game has decided the opportunities are different from what you have and for very good logistical reasons 
  • We're heading off on holiday tomorrow so will miss the opening game :(
  • is it on CTV?
  • is it on CTV?
    I very much doubt it, I think the streaming rights have been acquired by YouTube this season
  • To anyone going, give them a cheer from me ♥️
  • fenaddick said:
    redman said:
    fenaddick said:
    redman said:
    No I don’t, I’m saying that the women’s game has decided the opportunities are different from what you have and for very good logistical reasons 
    Not sure how having a fixture list that creates a barrier to fans attending is not a missed opportunity. 

The simple fact is fans will either not want to go to football on both days of a single weekend or will have family/ social / work  pressures that prevent it. This is to the detriment of the womens game at championship level short term and the mens game long term.

Totally agree with you about Sunday kick offs and midday kick offs but not on the same weekend.

The womens game is a gateway vehicle for the mens game and introducing young fans particularly  girls to watching football, which can later be transferred from just watching womens football to attending mens football.  If Dad only wants to watch one game at the weekend generally speaking it will be the mens game.