Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford 3/2/18 post-match views

Comments

• Options

I did think Aribo was the last player you wanted when you're back is against the wall.

Zyro also took all the energy out of the team. No pace compared to Fosu and Malvididi.

He's a poxy striker though mate ain't he????

Not a slight, skillfully, pacey winger.

No idea what the set up was when he came on.
  • Options
    Wasn't there. Did Zyro touch the ball?
  • Options

The critics for Lennon are wrong. Sadly the culprit is Da Silva as teams deliberately target him. Within 15 seconds of the start a ball flashed across our goal after a long ball over his head. The issue however is that the management team can't see it.

Lovely player on the ball and created our second goal but is being targeted defensively

Also watch it again and it was a right back who equalised to make it 2 - 2 hardly someone who should be marked by Lennon

One of the opposition managers (sorry, i forget who) pointed out the weakness in charlton's fullback was one of their main targets to exploit. Dasilva gets up the pitch a lot so its easy to get in behind on his side. Oxford got in behind him after 30 seconds today. And still, robinson doesnt fix it
  • Options

Harry Lennon. I love an academy kid coming through as much as anyone but he is so cumbersome and mistake prone.

Spot on... they sussed out he was our weak link and capitalised on it. Quick incisive counterattacks two touches and the ball was in the net... three bloody times! Shambles at the back and no-one getting stuck in in the middle.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Wasn't there. Did Zyro touch the ball?

At least once, 74th min right footed shot inside the box....... according to BBC :wink:
  • Options

CH4RLTON said:

what a nightmare , with 2 mins to go, My Acca was up rest of the teams won or winning by 2 or more goals, with charlton winning the cashout was 375 for a bet which only returned 405 anyway so I thought knowing Charlton i better cash out clicked on cashout when my phone decided to die, when i plugged it back in and loaded up Ladbrokes we were 3-2 down , weekend ruined

Charlton done me on a five fold as well mate
    Cashouts your friend
  • Options
    Vintage bloody Charlton
    Defeat from the Jaws of victory
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    clb74 said:

CH4RLTON said:

what a nightmare , with 2 mins to go, My Acca was up rest of the teams won or winning by 2 or more goals, with charlton winning the cashout was 375 for a bet which only returned 405 anyway so I thought knowing Charlton i better cash out clicked on cashout when my phone decided to die, when i plugged it back in and loaded up Ladbrokes we were 3-2 down , weekend ruined

Charlton done me on a five fold as well mate
    Cashouts your friend
    Tell that to @CH4RLTON
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

We have an abundance of talented, skillful footballers - but they tend to over-elaborate; why try to beat the same player three times when sometimes a simple pass will suffice? It's all about decision-making and too many of our lot make the wrong decision. To be fair it was a very open game - Oxford certainly didn't put 9 guys behind the ball, just the sort of team set-up that we should be capitalising on?

Text my mate at HT I'd be amazed if both teams didn't score
  • Options
    Mavididi and Fosu’s inability to pass to each other will puzzle academics for the rest of time.

How we managed to switch from 4-2-3-1 to 4-2-4 when protecting a 2-1 lead will piss me off for the rest of my time.
  • Options
    @cantersaddick completely agree with everything you have said mate. Nothing much more I can add really other than we now need to go on another run.

Can’t wait to see a team of:
    Amos
    Solly Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Fosu Mavididi Kaikai
    Magennis

• Options
    Thought all our defenders were shit in the second half - once Oxford realised how crap they were they just ran past them. Unfair to single out any of them as they were all guilty - one of the worst capitulations I've ever seen.

We couldn't put in a decent final ball for much of the game and Fosu/Marshall seemed unable to pass. We played some decent stuff but were very wasteful.

A shocking end to the game - looked like a bunch of headless chickens. I'm sure like most of our support I'm f***ing furious....
  • Options
    Gutted.
    My heart sank when I saw the Konsa/Lennon CB pairing when I arrived in the ground. That's our worst CB combination imho.
    Hats off to Oxford who played ok, but had a great last ten minutes.
    Dasilva is an enigma. Great player, but when targeted he struggled badly today. As did Solly and the back four generally. In the past KR has brought on Sarr for Dasilva to stop the bombardment, but we didn't have that option today.
    I was concerned after the window 'slammed shut' that we lack a bit of steel in midfield, and arguably so it proved. JFC had a good game, but why stop when through on goal. At 3-1 we were clear.
    Have no idea why Robbo didn't shore up the defence, rather than bringing on Aribo. Is Bauer not fit enough? He was on the bench, so he should have been. Playing three (five) across the back would probably have helped us see out the game.

A pretty depressing afternoon, only alleviated slightly by some other results going our way. Thanks, SCP!

And folks, it's Mavididi, not Malvididi.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    addick05 said:

Harry Lennon. I love an academy kid coming through as much as anyone but he is so cumbersome and mistake prone.

Spot on... they sussed out he was our weak link and capitalised on it. Quick incisive counterattacks two touches and the ball was in the net... three bloody times! Shambles at the back and no-one getting stuck in in the middle.
    In a 4-4-2 the LM would help out / cover an attacking full back failing which the remainder of the back 4 should at least shuffle across. In a 5-4-1 there should in theory be even more cover options.

However we know that KR loves his preferred 4-2-3-1 formation but it's no good trying to play free flowing attacking football if you don't defend as a unit and that doesn't just mean the back 6 it starts at the front 4. It's not rocket science that if you do neglect the defensive side of the game then you need to score four or more to win, as evidenced today which needs to be a salutary lesson.

Still all to play for but KR needs to sort it pdq, tactics and formation wise, if he wants to keep his job longer term.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all very well highlighting how they were getting behind da Silva, but, and I hate having to say this, they were getting behind the other full back too.

Most people seemed surprised Aribo had been dropped, and it didn't seem like such a bad sub as I thought Fosu was played out. In retrospect it wasn't a good sub at all, and as people said, Curbs would have sent on Jacko or Bauer.

Gutted because I thought we played well for most of the second half, going forward at least.

But if you were one of the impressive away support, that's an awayday you'll talk about for a long time.
  • Options
    And of course very much enjoyed my day with @PaddyP17 and @seth plum thanks both.

Good to meet @AshBurton and others. :)
  • Options
    Harry Lennon’s Body language was awful after their first goal. He had a very bad afternoon but then again he is our 4/5th choice CB after Pearce, Bauer, Konsa and likely Sarr if all fit.

JFC I just don’t see the point of. Never seen him have a decent game, utterly ineffectual, can’t tackle, rarely sets anything up and his dead ball play is worse than Sunday League standard. When he broker through with a clear run in goal and wasted the chance by waiving his hands around for a foul it about summed him up. How Aribo and Reeves don’t start in front of him I have no idea. KR’s love child I think.

Well done to Oxford, figured out how to beat us and did it well.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Thankfully moments like that are few and far between. Doubt it will happen again for a very long time.
  • Options
    Why oh why are we playing bloody Lennon when Bauer is on the Bench really doesn’t make sense the bloke is useless
  • Options

Deserved win for Oxford who looked more dangerous and better organised.

How many saves did their keeper have to make.

Pleased for Josh as, clearly, were the rest of the time. He showed his class in his celebration as well as his all round game.

Otherwise disjointed performance, poor game management and sloppy defending.

The new boys looked a little lost but still early.

Worst I've seen from Dasilva defensively.

I still don't think 4231 suits us but the formation wasn't the reason we lost.

Credit to Oxford for some good football, energy and good subs. Obika was running Konsa ragged.

And the ref was good.

Under 10k home fans again? Haven't seen the numbers.

Agreed . The ref has a very good game .
  • Options

Good to meet @AshBurton and others. :)

Others? Others????? :-)
  • Options
    I've just stopped crying