Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford 3/2/18 post-match views

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    The two new players needed minutes but maybe in Zyro's case, maybe it could have been just for the last 10+injury time mins. But one decent bit of attacking play at 2-1 and we could've had a fairly easy end to the game. So I don't blame the manager for trying to attack and kill the game off. On another day, our finishing might've been a bit better and Oxford's is unlikely to be as good again!

But it would be nice to see us win a game like Oxford did......snatched at the end with a couple of bits of superb approach play and finishing.
  • Options

Amos not at fault
    Solly he did his job adequately but got little cover from boggy and none whatsoever from Zyro
    Konsa defensively lacks most of the tools required, better going forward, which is deliberately missing the point
    Lennon oh dear, makes Konsa look adequate
    DaSilva peerless

JFC what the shimmering fuck was that play acting crybaby on exactly? after he threw his dollies out of his pram with that princess hissy fit over fuck all when clean through the middle he then seemed determined to get himself sent off but was so far off the pace he failed to catch up with any opponent he tried to foul we've seem some wankers at The Valley but he's joined the uppermost echelon - Gobby's defense of him is sadly par for the course - wankers both
    Kashi really good considering he was lumbered with the petulant toddler JFC, fortunate that OU's goalie pushed his shot nicely in the corner but they all count - we'll miss AK next season

Fosu greedy, greedy greedy - decision making stank, pace and possession are fine but he has to get his head up and remember thos blokes also wearing red are there to help and be heped
    Mavididi useful, will be missed if he's crocked
    Marshall sort of looked busy some of the time, can sort of cross off his right foot, ultimately contributed little

Magennis worked his nuts off and deserves better than playing for this fucktard manager

Subs

Zyro he'll be delighted his new manager has already thrown him under the bus, especially after being sent out onto the wrong side of the pitch
    Aribo he's every right to be furious, if JFC gets back in the team again while Joe's fit he should be straight in gobby's office to kick him squarely in the balls and keep kicking till they shoot out his ears.
    KaiKai see Zyro

Blimey mate you don't hold back do you
  • Options

As we walked to the ground myself and 3 sons (one has managed to get out of going cos he’s in to cars and airplanes not sport , weirdo) made our pre match predictions and I said that our defence is pony and there were goals in today’s game and predicted a 3-2 victory for us , alas they were worse than I thought .
    Half time and my 5 nearly 6 year old was pleading to go home .
    He was bouncing around like a loon when we scored and then when they got their 3rd pleading again to leave cos we’ve definitely lost .
    On the way home he asks if he can go to his first night match v Bradford on the evening of his birthday , I said well none of this wanting to go at half time stuff then .
    As I put the little lad to bed he asked could he support another team as well as Charlton , a firm ‘NO’ came his way. “what about Barcelona , grandad likes them”.
    I said ‘I like watching them but we can only support Charlton and England’
    “When I’m older can I support someone else “ I said ‘NO don’t forget what we were singing earlier “ I’m Charlton till I die” and that means I’m Charlton forever’
    He asked “when you die , can I support someone else” oh fffs ‘ NO you’re Charlton forever and so will your kids and their kids be !’
    Tough life trying to force /brainwash kids to support that crock of shit and in all honesty if they weren’t given a rare go on the iPad for the hour plus journey there and back I’m not sure they’d be so easily persuaded to go .

Today’s game wound me up no end and it’s all been said , just a quick note on the two newbies and obviously too early to mean anything but I thought Zyro and Kaikai looked a little heavy and slow mo in their movements .

0% Top two ........ 30% 3rd-6th ....... 67% 7th-12th ........3%13th-20th .......0% Relegation

100% Roland OUT

someone's gonna fone Esther Rantzen if you keep that up
    poor little mite
  • Options
    If another "its happening gif is posted", we will lose L1 play-off final just like we lost of Oxford on Saturday. You have been warned!
  • Options
    Having just watched the goals again (on VP this time):

I've noticed that Solly doesn't get tight on his winger, often allowing them to get a cross in unchallenged. And for their first goal you can see an example of that. He backs off actually faster than James Henry is advancing, and might have ended up in his own net if Henry hadn't taken a shot.
    Anyone else noticed that?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    First couple of subs ok. First was enforced. Final sub I do level, should have been either Jacko or Patrick coming on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

I've noticed that Solly doesn't get tight on his winger, often allowing them to get a cross in unchallenged. And for their first goal you can see an example of that. He backs off actually faster than James Henry is advancing, and might have ended up in his own net if Henry hadn't taken a shot.

I felt Solly and JDS were both guilty of letting wingers get crosses in too easily - not a great game for either of them.
  • Options
    Let my 5 team acca down, which in itself is despicable.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Solly has been allowing too many crosses on his side for years now. It's the biggest flaw in his game.
  • Options
    StigThundercock = Viewfinder's sweary alter ego.
  • Options
    Just watching the goals again, none of them can be laid at the door of Lennon

The first one maybe he could have blocked the scorer, but there were 3 other players near him (including Solly)
    For the second Solly lets the cross come in, and the midfield runners don't get back to mark Kane - Lennon was correctly marking his man and the cross went behind him
    For the 3rd, the shot was from the edge of the box, again not Lennon's job to be controlling that area. A weak challenge by Kashi in the box let the player pull the ball back
  • Options

As we walked to the ground myself and 3 sons (one has managed to get out of going cos he’s in to cars and airplanes not sport , weirdo) made our pre match predictions and I said that our defence is pony and there were goals in today’s game and predicted a 3-2 victory for us , alas they were worse than I thought .
    He was bouncing around like a loon when we scored and then when they got their 3rd pleading again to leave cos we’ve definitely lost .
    On the way home he asks if he can go to his first night match v Bradford on the evening of his birthday , I said well none of this wanting to go at half time stuff then .
    As I put the little lad to bed he asked could he support another team as well as Charlton , a firm ‘NO’ came his way. “what about Barcelona , grandad likes them”.
    “When I’m older can I support someone else “ I said ‘NO don’t forget what we were singing earlier “ I’m Charlton till I die” and that means I’m Charlton forever’
    He asked “when you die , can I support someone else” oh fffs ‘ NO you’re Charlton forever and so will your kids and their kids be !’
    Tough life trying to force /brainwash kids to support that crock of shit and in all honesty if they weren’t given a rare go on the iPad for the hour plus journey there and back I’m not sure they’d be so easily persuaded to go .

Today’s game wound me up no end and it’s all been said , just a quick note on the two newbies and obviously too early to mean anything but I thought Zyro and Kaikai looked a little heavy and slow mo in their movements .

0% Top two ........ 30% 3rd-6th ....... 67% 7th-12th ........3%13th-20th .......0% Relegation

100% Roland OUT

It's all gone off tonight , fucking busybody grandad has come back from Spain with , you guessed it, a poxy Barcelona top !!

I lost the plot started wiping my bum (i had clothes on) with it saying it looked like the palace top , that triggered some google searching for pictures from his brothers and showing him that it was too similar to palace and reducing him to tears . I think I took it too far and we negotiated that he can wear said top while at grandads . I need help , I'm gone in the head , or was I too restrained !!
    Relax. Barca shirts are cool, my boy purchased one in Gibraltar at the coolest kit shop with the fittest Spanish birds you've ever seen.
  • Options

100% Roland OUT

It's all gone off tonight , fucking busybody grandad has come back from Spain with , you guessed it, a poxy Barcelona top !!

I lost the plot started wiping my bum (i had clothes on) with it saying it looked like the palace top , that triggered some google searching for pictures from his brothers and showing him that it was too similar to palace and reducing him to tears . I think I took it too far and we negotiated that he can wear said top while at grandads . I need help , I'm gone in the head , or was I too restrained !!
    Quality
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching match again on VP.

The sparseness of the crowd comes across. What would we do without the noise from North Upper; the atmosphere would be funereal. Full respect due to the noise makers.

Also, Fosu looked very very good (up to half time at least). Fancy him to score in the next game or two.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

My girlfriend was asking the same thing and she's 30 and a season ticket holder.
  • Options
    Oohahhmortimer, some good amusing stuff there proving the value of humour. Happily it will only take a decent new owner with the promise of wonders ahead to have your lads glowing with excitement. Sadly, unless we are seen regularly on Match of the day, they will always be likely to " like " another team, but nothing will ever beat the experience of going to a game. My guess is that the Shrewsbury game at £5 will produce something approaching a decent crowd. Try allowing the youngster to wear the Barcelona shirt under his Charlton shirt, and lend Granddad a Charlton top and make him come along.
    Uncle Tony