Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 Nations 2018.

Comments

• Options
    Surprised no yellow for the high tackle from England.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Real shame for Italy but should at least mean no more silly talk of kicking them out of the tournament

Why the still lost.

1 win which came against Fiji since 2016.
    No wins in 3 consecutive 6 nations now.

Yes they had a chance and wasn't slaughtered but still think there should be a play off to give another nation a chance to enter next year.
    A play-off between which teams?
    Georgia above italy in world rankings.
    Or Romania only 3 places behind italy
    So, every season, Italy would be forced to play in a play-off to retain their place in the six nations?
    No the team who finish bottom should go into a 1 match playoff with the highest ranked European team to fight for a place in the following years 6 nations
  • Options

Surprised no yellow for the high tackle from England.

Ireland didn't get one earlier for going in with the shoulder against, concidentally, Daly.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Real shame for Italy but should at least mean no more silly talk of kicking them out of the tournament

Why the still lost.

Yes they had a chance and wasn't slaughtered but still think there should be a play off to give another nation a chance to enter next year.
    So, every season, Italy would be forced to play in a play-off to retain their place in the six nations?
    No the team who finish bottom should go into a 1 match playoff with the highest ranked European team to fight for a place in the following years 6 nations
    Could be England v ???? at this rate....
  • Options
    This is so poor
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Why the still lost.

You know that's a terrible idea though, don't you?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Why the still lost.

Why
  • Options
    I think they should just throw Italy out and go back to 5 Nations again
  • Options
    Good try
  • Options
    Relax. We are getting our rubbish year out of the way in plenty of time for the World Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great try, but too little too late
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Why the still lost.

Why
    Because no national team can develop under a proper management structure if their future in the Six Nations is in doubt.

Because a team like Italy would be disadvantaged by having to face the five best teams in Europe and then have to play a one-off against another team who plan and prepare for that one match all year.

And because not one of the six turkeys would vote for this particular Christmas.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

This is so poor

Oh, I don't know....
  • Options
    Just not good enough, seem to have completely lost their confidence.
  • Options
    Do you think KR has been moonlighting?
  • Options
    England so turgid and Ireland so solid in defence. Daly is the only English player to show any real quality
  • Options
    Well done Ireland.
    Grand slam well deserved.
    Genuine World Cup contenders as it stands.
    Hopefully England will improve to their level and above.
  • Options
    To develop emerging nations why not have something along the lines of a playoff with the bottom team in the previous years 6 nations with say the winner of the top 3 European/Northern Hemisphere teams (currently Georgia, Romania and Spain I think) either early autumn (when the other teams play the autumn internationals)? Or after the 6 nation so that they know nearly a year in advance who the sixth team would be for the next year's fixtures? I would never have thought we would have beaten England by more points than we (only just) did against Italy today! I was impressed with Italy (but not Scotland's erratic results) but I do wonder if it is fair Italy retain their place when there are other nations of similar standard.
    Italy have progressed in some ways but there is still a wide gap (albeit not that wide today against us!) between them and the rest
  • Options

To develop emerging nations why not have something along the lines of a playoff with the bottom team in the previous years 6 nations with say the winner of the top 3 European/Northern Hemisphere teams (currently Georgia, Romania and Spain I think) either early autumn (when the other teams play the autumn internationals)? Or after the 6 nation so that they know nearly a year in advance who the sixth team would be for the next year's fixtures? I would never have thought we would have beaten England by more points than we (only just) did against Italy today! I was impressed with Italy (but not Scotland's erratic results) but I do wonder if it is fair Italy retain their place when there are other nations of similar standard.
    Italy have progressed in some ways but there is still a wide gap (albeit not that wide today against us!) between them and the rest

Italy won't get better if they're under constant threat of being banished fro. The Six Nations. It's only due to the fact that they're guaranteed competitive matches against five if the top nations that they can hope to attract top coaches in long-term contracts.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Italy won't get better if they're under constant threat of being banished fro. The Six Nations. It's only due to the fact that they're guaranteed competitive matches against five if the top nations that they can hope to attract top coaches in long-term contracts.
    Yes, I guess so, but have they got that much closer since they have been in the six nations really? Am just wondering if it is fair they keep their place when there is a far larger gap between them and the rest than between them and the next 3 nations
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

Yes, I guess so, but have they got that much closer since they have been in the six nations really? Am just wondering if it is fair they keep their place when there is a far larger gap between them and the rest than between them and the next 3 nations
    They've beaten every team except England in the past.

They are not that far away from competing genuinely and consistently. Sergio Parisse in his prime would have graced any of the other five teams and they have youngsters coming through.
  • Options
    Ireland have lost a lot of “old” players since they last won the 6 nations, thought they might struggle to rebuild, doesn’t seem to be the case, especially when you consider they have only four teams to pick from.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

They are not that far away from competing genuinely and consistently. Sergio Parisse in his prime would have graced any of the other five teams and they have youngsters coming through.
    Five years ago they finished above France and Ireland, but not Scotland.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

Five years ago they finished above France and Italy.
    Do you mean Scotland?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

Do you mean Scotland?
    Yeah. That's what I said.

:blush:
  • Options
    If you really want to strengthen rugby across Europe, the thing to do is widen access to the Pro 14 for a couple of "regional" teams from the likes of Georgia, Romania, Spain or even Germany. At least that way, their players will get exposure to reasonably first class competition.

There's no chance that the artist formerly known as the Heineken Cup would have the vision to see beyond the vested interests behind it (the other teams should have let the French and English clubs have their new competition and kept what worked - and it would have been a natural way of bringing through other countries).

Oh, and require the 6 Nations sides to play them regularly in the Autumn internationals.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

Do you mean Scotland?
    2013 was the best year but it was Ireland they beat not Scotland
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

Do you mean Scotland?
    Just to be clear, Italy finished ahead of both Ireland and France in 2013, as I said all along.

:wink:
    :blush:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

LenGlover said:

Chizz said:

Do you mean Scotland?
    Correct I was getting confused with 2012 :wink:

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/en/matchcentre/league_table.php?includeref=429&season=2011-2012