Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 Nations 2018.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Have to admit that I was worried when O’Driscoll, O’Connell, D’Arcy & Heaslip all stepped down.

Some of the Irish lads coming through though are outstanding rugby players. Stockdale, Ringrose, Farrell, Henderson and a good few more are all blending really well with the older heads and the game management of Sexton and Conor Murray is superb.

Looking good for the Championship, with England all square at half time, but we’ve only ever had 2 Grand Slams and would love to fire up Paddy’s Day even more next week :smiley:
  • Options
    That was a ridiculously harsh yellow card and penalty try.
  • Options
    wheels have come off here.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Definitely harsh, but can understand why, given the French player was going in for the try. I think the penalty try would have been enough.
  • Options
    Complete lack of ideas from England and out fought 2 games running. Took 75 minutes to actually do anything
  • Options
    Congratulations to Ireland.

Hope they come a cropper at the cabbage patch.
  • Options

Complete lack of ideas from England and out fought 2 games running. Took 75 minutes to actually do anything

Not to mention the penalty against count over those 2 games as well - 16 I think it was today.
  • Options
    I'm very happy & its calmed me down after being deliberately wound up today.
    Stockdale is the dogs :-D
  • Options

Not to mention the penalty against count over those 2 games as well - 16 I think it was today.
    Some of the penalties may have been harsh but 16 today, 13 against Scotland and 10 against Wales suggests its not all down to the refereeing.

Dan Coles can always be relied on to concede a few as just one example.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Some of the penalties may have been harsh but 16 today, 13 against Scotland and 10 against Wales suggests its not all down to the refereeing.

Dan Coles can always be relied on to concede a few as just one example.
    The amount of penalties in professional rugby full stop is ridiculous, the ones that drive me up the wall are the blatant ones that never, ever get an advantage. The game is hard enough to sell to an impassive general public at the best of times and when someone who's played the game (moi) is tearing his hair out over it and the very petty officiating it's always going to be a easy thing to switch off from for a casual punter. I'm by no means blaming the loss on the referee, I just wish the game was allowed to be played at a breakdown without one side or both sides fishing for penalties
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very harsh penalty try....guy was going downwards before contact.
  • Options

Very harsh penalty try....guy was going downwards before contact.

I’ve said above that the card was harsh, but the guy was going in for a try. Of course he was going downwards. No doubt that a penalty try award was correct.
  • Options
    Another lacklustre performance from the 2nd best international side in the world (my arse). I though EJ gave an equally lacklustre interview before the game tbh, maybe wrong though....

Well done the Paddy's!

• Options

Another lacklustre performance from the 2nd best international side in the world (my arse). I though EJ gave an equally lacklustre interview before the game tbh, maybe wrong though....

Well done the Paddy's!

How are the French taking their win?
  • Options
    iainment said:

Well done the Paddy's!

How are the French taking their win?
    Not too sure mate, not been out today
  • Options
    Fairly sure list of France wouldn’t give a shit unless they were told they beat the rosbif, then they would have an extra pastor and game of boule.

Wouldn’t want to stereotype.
  • Options

Fairly sure list of France wouldn’t give a shit unless they were told they beat the rosbif, then they would have an extra pastor and game of boule.

Wouldn’t want to stereotype.

I know there's a long history of anti-clericalism in France, but I think that might be pushing it.
  • Options

planning to go out with Mrs( irish ) and her mates on paddys day - plans may have to be shelved now as don't think i can deal with the mass jubilation.

time for one last chariot charge to de-rail irish grand slam at twickenham, and basically do to them what they done to us last year.
  • Options
    Beginning to dread Saturday.

However it must be done. Will be in the Rose of Denmark with my Irish partner if anyone wants to say hello.

Come on England!!!
  • Options
    iainment said:

Beginning to dread Saturday.

However it must be done. Will be in the Rose of Denmark with my Irish partner if anyone wants to say hello.

Come on England!!!

Lots of changes announced in the team ... as needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Glasgow for the weekend. Drinking in a pub in the centre advertising the 6 nations with big flags up of each nationality.........well 5 of them. Guess which one is missing?
  • Options
    No surprises in the Ireland side. Have no doubt England will want to repay us for last year's result and my pessimism kicks in and suggests a dampener on Paddy's Day celebrations...always happy to be wrong!! :wink:
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

In Glasgow for the weekend. Drinking in a pub in the centre advertising the 6 nations with big flags up of each nationality.........well 5 of them. Guess which one is missing?

Forever cnuts aren't they?
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Forever cnuts aren't they?
    Cunts you don’t care about, you keep telling us
  • Options
    Despite a couple of silly mistakes, good game by Italy.
  • Options
    Not wanting to take anything away from Italy but we’re awful today
  • Options
    Like to see Italy win this. Too many people turn their noses up unjustifiably.

27-26 come on Italy!!
  • Options
    Big balls from Laidlaw there.

Fair dos
  • Options
    Unlucky Italy
  • Options
    They must be absolutely gutted