Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options

Should I have gone to specsavers or didn't the photo finish pic show Glencoe nose touch the line first ?

One head was up and the other was down, that's why it looks like that I think
  • Options
    Delta at 12's pretty much guarantees profit for the week, first time for everything.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Appalling ride from Johnson on Louis Vac Pouch. Ran like a rank outsider rather than a tipped, 4th-favourite. Very suspicious.

What a load of rubbish. Do you think that just because he's a fancied horse he should have been ridden near the front?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Should I have gone to specsavers or didn't the photo finish pic show Glencoe nose touch the line first ?

confusing as the two heads almost blend into one.

bit of an optical illusion makes you think the down head is the nearer horse

• Options
    Never gave the horse a chance, did he? Watch it back and I think you'll see what I mean. It was never going to be close, let alone win, by falling so far behind quality competition. Bit like giving teams a 2-0 lead. Schoolboy error in my humble, punter's opinion but then maybe you are an expert.
  • Options
    Backed Delta Work because I used to work at Delta Cables.
  • Options

Backed Delta Work because I used to work at Delta Cables.

Should've told resident moderator @cables that...
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Steve and Cafc 95, i think your right on the optical illusion. Just heard on TV that other folk thought the same as me.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Never gave the horse a chance, did he? Watch it back and I think you'll see what I mean. It was never going to be close, let alone win, by falling so far behind quality competition. Bit like giving teams a 2-0 lead. Schoolboy error in my humble, punter's opinion but then maybe you are an expert.

He has won his races by being held up at the back. If you watch it back you'll see that he makes a bad mistake at the second last. Possibly wouldn't have made a difference though, as probably just not good enough.
    Think that you're just talking through your pocket.
  • Options
    Aw Cue Card :cry:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    3rd when only 1 and 2 count!

Slight consolation is that it was a freebie which I'd temporarily forgotten when I originally posted.
  • Options
    Don't you just love it when that oh so smug Michael O'Leary keeps winning!
  • Options
    Sorry, I will keep my opinions to myself in future then. Nice.
  • Options
    Congrats Bob...
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Avoid yanworth at all costs in the next... Couldn't pick my nose today. Gone from 410 profit to 140 in a day

Well 60 if you take out the bet I've had on Jenkins tomorrow
  • Options
    Un Dechaux loses, no more bets from me today i put free bet on him and Laurina in 16:50.

- 30 for the day
    -60 for week

doesn't include free bets lol doing well :smile:
  • Options
    First time I’ve ever been gutted Ruby Walsh wasn’t on my horse
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Congrats Bob...

My family will eat this week :)
  • Options

Don't you just love it when that oh so smug Michael O'Leary keeps winning!

It's just occurred to me why he's looking so smug - it's all a tax dodge. Ryanair sponsor the race (which is tax deductible) and then the prize money goes straight into his back pocket!
  • Options
    Agreed. Also concur on Michael O'Leary. Horrible man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Had a tip for Penhill in the 1530. Won at the track before. In form. Underexposed. Whatever that means.

What a shout! Would never have called that given how long a break he had.
  • Options
    Couple of really bad results in a row...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Had a tip for Penhill in the 1530. Won at the track before. In form. Underexposed. Whatever that means.

You little beauty!!
  • Options
    Had Penhill in my L15 but £20 on Supersundae to win which is annoying
  • Options
    My boy Wholestone coming in with a place. Nice one.
  • Options

It's little wonder that the Irish jockeys dominate Cheltenham especially when you see that the likes of Nicky Henderson's number one, Nico de Boinville, has only one ride on the day - at Towcester in a Mares Novice Hurdle!

Which he won.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Anyway, here is my lucky 31

1:30 Shattered Love
    2:10 Sort It out
    2:50 Un de Sceaux
    3:30 Yanworth
    4:10 The Storyteller

Nice one (again) @MrOneLung
  • Options

Really fancy The Storyteller in the 4:10

Thank you!
    and you @ValleyGary nice one.
    1 British winner in last 12 races. Bejesus.