Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    Fancy Maria’s Benefit to go hard and beat Laurina in the next
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    After a good start it's not gone well! On a whim decided to add Spice Girl at 66-1 in the next to accompany original choice High School Days.

She's an unknown quantity at this level but has done well in lower classes. If she can step up then my little each way bet will be money well spent.

Oh and Johnson is meant to be riding her which might be a plus.
  • Options

Fancy Maria’s Benefit to go hard and beat Laurina in the next

Wow maybe not. Easiest winner of the week.
  • Options
    Oh well....
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Had Cap Soleil e/w too, but Laurina sees a few of my combos in. Nice one.

And Bob - you're smashing it!!!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

JamesSeed said:

Had a tip for Penhill in the 1530. Won at the track before. In form. Underexposed. Whatever that means.

What a shout! Would never have called that given how long a break he had.
    Very strong tip from the trainer. Well pleased with the 12/1, especially as I was on Glencoe, beaten after messing up the last.
    But my Irish builder has disappeared, and I probably won't see him unil next week, as I think he went in big on Penhill as did his whole family.
  • Options
    Btw it was Jimmy Seed who taught me how to bet on the horses when I was about eight. He loved a bet, especially when it was on tv.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Laurinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Pleased that a few of you followed me when I put it up a couple of months ago. Even Peanuts I believe took a risk on sprint distance ;-)

I doff my cap to you Bob,
    Regrettably Laurina was not carrying my shilling ....but I am responsible for Bacardys letting down your team in the stayers :cry:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    If none of mine are placed in the last I'll be £3.31 down on the day with that opening win to mitigate the subsequent dross!

A place for any of the 3 chosen in the last should put me into profit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

Laurinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Pleased that a few of you followed me when I put it up a couple of months ago. Even Peanuts I believe took a risk on sprint distance ;-)

Regrettably Laurina was not carrying my shilling ....but I am responsible for Bacardys letting down your team in the stayers :cry:
    Cheers, Peanuts.

With Samcro at 10/1 and Laurina at 14/1 I'm relaxed about the EW on Barcardys ;-)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Laurinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Cheers, Peanuts.

With Samcro at 10/1 and Laurina at 14/1 I'm relaxed about the EW on Barcardys ;-)
    ....and thank you to your firm for permitting me to watch my 3 selections fail dismally in the next - enjoy the proceeds :smile:
  • Options
    I have taken a chance on The Young Master here. A stone lighter than his previous ventures here and a wind op recently might give the horse a squeak. "Might" being the word.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I'm on this missed approach. Gone a bit early :-(
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Really?!?! Hahaha well ridden!
  • Options
    I wouldn't be too happy with Mr Mullins if my money had been on Mall Dini
  • Options

I have taken a chance on The Young Master here. A stone lighter than his previous ventures here and a wind op recently might give the horse a squeak. "Might" being the word.

Finished a staying on 6th having been 12th jumping the last I believe. Promising for a few other marathon races but number 82 in the GN.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Joined the BAND OF BLOOD brothers (and sisters maybe) for the Kim Muir today and, alongside FINAL NUDGE, I'm adding a 3rd (small) interest in the form of a shilling each way on the outsider ACTINPIECES 33/1 - tough 7y-o mare, will love the ground, up in the weights but fairly-treated relative to the more fancied Aubusson and Band Of Blood, ridden by last year's winning jockette Gina Andrews.

Following the Master....
    Once again the Master does it...
  • Options

Mate needed that for £500. Can’t repeat the words he used.
  • Options
    See this on Twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mine was - shocking ride. Thought he could cruise past the winner on the bridle

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Good ride! As it turned out. Random pick really.

Should quit while I'm ahead. Probably won't though.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Laurinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Edit: Just checked back and I think it was Stormy Ireland rather than Laurina that Peanuts had a flutter on.

indeed, my get my out jail card.
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Joined the BAND OF BLOOD brothers (and sisters maybe) for the Kim Muir today and, alongside FINAL NUDGE, I'm adding a 3rd (small) interest in the form of a shilling each way on the outsider ACTINPIECES 33/1 - tough 7y-o mare, will love the ground, up in the weights but fairly-treated relative to the more fancied Aubusson and Band Of Blood, ridden by last year's winning jockette Gina Andrews.

Following the Master....
    Once again the Master does it...
    You're too kind Len - glad you went 5 places.
    About time "the Master" picked a bloody winner. :blush:
    A nice run and a good enough prep for Final Nudge though.
  • Options
    Good to read about some winners

I can’t comment. All on the final day (I hope)
  • Options
    Ooh Scotty Minto is on our train back.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

If it's any consolation to you all, we did one of our bollox yesterday and after today the other one is hanging by a thread!!

The surviving (just) one was ripped off with ease today and crowds then starting jumping up and down on them. The entire Trading department were walking around in a daze and speaking in high pitched voices.

Onwards and upwards!

• Options
    What do we think about Apples Shakira vs. Stormy Ireland? Does anyone else really have a chance and is Stormy Ireland still value at 6/1?
  • Options
    Paddy Power going 3/1 Stormy Ireland, without Apple's Shakira or 9/4 without Apple's Shakira and Redicean. Could be worth considering if you're not confident of her winning.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-43407956

Seen him down there a few times with Michael Vaughn and his former manager Chubby Chandler.
  • Options
    Today's Super Heinz is, potentially a big one:

Super Heinz (x240) Each Way

13:30 EVENT 2m 0f 179y - Saldier 12/1
    14:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 179y - Chesterfield 18/1
    14:50 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 7f 213y - Chef Des Obeaux 5/1
    15:30 EVENT 3m 2f 70y - Definitly Red 12/1
    16:10 HUNTERS CHASE 3m 2f 70y - Foxrock 8/1
    16:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 56y - Diese Des Bieffes 7/1
    17:30 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 0f 62y - Bouvreuil 14/1

Stake:
    £24.00