Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

what a crap betting day. week

Hope some you are doing ok.

Cold Cold Cold
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

what a crap betting day.

I'm having an absolute shocker today lol. I think I won back my stake for a dead-heat place with Spiritofthegames? Let's see how the last four races do for us
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

what a crap betting day. week

Cold Cold Cold
    Really?! Footpad, Buveur D'Air, Samcro, Altior, Laurina, even Presenting Percy/Coo Star Sivola/The Storyteller - a fair few favourites coming in.

Yes, Getabird, Apples Jade, Un De Sceaux and Apples Shakira hit the punters hard, but it's not been that bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Enjoying watching Bachasson follow the other horses round, jumping over the fences without a jockey on. Having the time of their life by the looks of it.
  • Options
    Go on Native!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    What on earth was that ride for Might Bite, barely touched the whip at the end too
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

What on earth was that ride for Might Bite, barely touched the whip at the end too

I agree I thought it poor ride or might bite has nothing off the bridle. Native was being pushed from 3 out and might bite looked to be cruising
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

cs1986 said:

CAFCsayer said:

I agree I thought it poor ride or might bite has nothing off the bridle. Native was being pushed from 3 out and might bite looked to be cruising
    It was an excellent ride by Nico to get that close in those conditions. Only the jockey knows what he’s sitting on and he decided not to ask for more when he knew the magnificent Might Bite had nothing more to give.

It is a sport first and foremost and the stars are the horses - forget the betting!

Couldn't agree more. Superb ride the whole way round, conserving Might Bite's energy as best he could. The horse gave every ounce and was beaten by the ground and a damn good horse.
    On better ground I think that Might Bite would have been able to use the class that he has to ease away from Native River.
  • Options
    Gotta love Pacha 2 years on the bounce that has sorted me right out
  • Options
    On a whim gone for Arthington in the 4:50. Decent record thus far but untried at the distance. However at 80-1 if by some miracle it gets a place I'll have done alright.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PACHA DU POLDER SAVING MY DAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

You ledge, i owe you a few beers. They price matched my bet so got £150 return from freebet.

On next 2
    Big shot EW
    Rock my world EW
    double EW

Will defo be in profit now staked £25.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Consider it all a loan @bobmunro :wink:
  • Options
    Fucked it
  • Options

Consider it all a loan @bobmunro :wink:

I’ve already spent it!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

My slip for today:

1.30 - APPLE'S SHAKIRA (5/4) is a multiple C&D winner and has won easily. However, there's definitely value in Stormy Ireland (6/1) per Bob's suggestion. I think I'll have that as a reverse forecast.

2.10 - SMAOINEAMH ALAINN (12/1), I think, has been campaigned with this race in mind, and goes on my slip each way. SPIRITOFTHEGAMES (16/1) is another to consider for the Skeltons, as he'll appreciate the test of stamina and is a solid each-way shout. Both on my slip. Screw one horse per race, especially in a field like this!

2.50 - CALETT MAD (14/1) and DORTMUND PARK (16/1) for each-way purposes. The top two in the betting have to be taken seriously and no surprise if one of them wins.

3.30 - The big one. One of the most interesting Gold Cups in recent years. I'm going with MIGHT BITE (7/2) for the win, whose RSA last year looked class. Definitly Red, Edwulf, and American are all ones I like to stay on for a place but in that case I'm going for ROAD TO RESPECT (10/1) each way given the way he finished on the win last time out, and his liking for the ground.

4.10 - I think there's a lot to be said for former winners and I'll have PACHA DU POLDER (20/1) each way. I think he needed the run last time out and could well come on from that. For win purposes I'd suggest FOXROCK (7/1), he likes the ground and is better than the 3/1 offered for Burning Ambition.

4.50 - My two would be MR BIG SHOT (16/1) who is David Pipe's only runner - an unknown quantity, but has won easily on his first three starts - and BLOW BY BLOW (14/1) who has improved for blinkers with a decisive win last time out, and is getting to grips with this sphere. Lots of class despite the big handicap mark. Also interesting me is Tommy Rapper (25/1) who might well get the run of things, but he's not on my card.

5.30 - I wish I had a clue on this. I'll go with the Racing Post and DRESDEN (25/1 and their nap) each-way, and a friend's tip of DON'T TOUCH IT (9/1).

Other tips can be found here - this dude has been smashing it at Cheltenham so far:

Good luck all!
    Is this bloke on twitter your mate then? :-)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

If it's any consolation to you all, we did one of our bollox yesterday and after today the other one is hanging by a thread!!

The surviving (just) one was ripped off with ease today and crowds then starting jumping up and down on them. The entire Trading department were walking around in a daze and speaking in high pitched voices.

Onwards and upwards!

A crack team of surgeons have been busy sewing then back on and I’m pleased to report that after today’s results they are again fully functional, if a little swollen still.

• Options
    quickly lumping on Dresden
  • Options
    No luck for me this year. Thought Bacardys was going to do it for me yesterday and Definitely Red was disappointing.
    I’m hoping my saver is Doitforthevillage. 5pts e/w - fingers crossed anyway.
  • Options
    5.30... Top Gamble
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

My slip for today:

1.30 - APPLE'S SHAKIRA (5/4) is a multiple C&D winner and has won easily. However, there's definitely value in Stormy Ireland (6/1) per Bob's suggestion. I think I'll have that as a reverse forecast.

2.10 - SMAOINEAMH ALAINN (12/1), I think, has been campaigned with this race in mind, and goes on my slip each way. SPIRITOFTHEGAMES (16/1) is another to consider for the Skeltons, as he'll appreciate the test of stamina and is a solid each-way shout. Both on my slip. Screw one horse per race, especially in a field like this!

2.50 - CALETT MAD (14/1) and DORTMUND PARK (16/1) for each-way purposes. The top two in the betting have to be taken seriously and no surprise if one of them wins.

3.30 - The big one. One of the most interesting Gold Cups in recent years. I'm going with MIGHT BITE (7/2) for the win, whose RSA last year looked class. Definitly Red, Edwulf, and American are all ones I like to stay on for a place but in that case I'm going for ROAD TO RESPECT (10/1) each way given the way he finished on the win last time out, and his liking for the ground.

4.10 - I think there's a lot to be said for former winners and I'll have PACHA DU POLDER (20/1) each way. I think he needed the run last time out and could well come on from that. For win purposes I'd suggest FOXROCK (7/1), he likes the ground and is better than the 3/1 offered for Burning Ambition.

4.50 - My two would be MR BIG SHOT (16/1) who is David Pipe's only runner - an unknown quantity, but has won easily on his first three starts - and BLOW BY BLOW (14/1) who has improved for blinkers with a decisive win last time out, and is getting to grips with this sphere. Lots of class despite the big handicap mark. Also interesting me is Tommy Rapper (25/1) who might well get the run of things, but he's not on my card.

5.30 - I wish I had a clue on this. I'll go with the Racing Post and DRESDEN (25/1 and their nap) each-way, and a friend's tip of DON'T TOUCH IT (9/1).

Other tips can be found here - this dude has been smashing it at Cheltenham so far:

Good luck all!
    Is this bloke on twitter your mate then? :-)
    He's a 30 year old bloke from Cheltenham who lives in London, claiming to be a mid 50s guy from Newmarket, but yes.

I'd drawn to Pacha before I saw this but he's otherwise got me out of jail!
  • Options
    Dresden gone at the second hahahahaha
  • Options
    Cheers for that selection, Racing Post.