Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-43407956

Seen him down there a few times with Michael Vaughn and his former manager Chubby Chandler.

His old man's horse ran well in the Plate yesterday as well. If Ballyalton were trained by anyone on the other side of the water he'd have had a chance of winning :smile:
  • Options
    ....interestingly, gone for all the current favourites (except for Apples Shakira given low price) as a Lucky 63 (x126) Each Way given the big prices which also has the potential for a big payout against a small outlay, as follows:
    14:10 Meri Devie 9/1
    14:50 Santini 4/1
    15:30 Might Bite 4/1
    16:10 Burning Ambition 3/1
    16:50 Flawless Escape 13/2
    17:30 North Hill Harvey 8/1

Stake:
    £12.60
    Potential Returns:
    £16,921.82

Last day possible madness but makes it all a bit more interesting, eh!?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

See this on Twitter

Looks fake, why would someone put 62p on a 3fold and then stake £20 on a 4?

Just the first one for me today Stormy Ireland @ 5/1, when it loses will look at best value to get something to save the week :P

Good luck today crew
  • Options
    Who was it on here that put us onto total recall for the Hennessy?
    Just seen it’s in the gold cup, 18/1 & 5 places with sky bet.
    Chances of a place?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Stormy Ireland @ 10/1
    Whiskey Sour
    Definitly Red

Had a good day yesterday with Delta Work, Laurina (thanks Bob) & Actinpieces (e/w thanks Peanuts).
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Have to confess, looking at my open bets, I seem to have gone quite large on Stormy Ireland e/w (and alas Bacardys) after Bob tipped them - must have been pissed.
    A win in the first would definitely get me out of jail ...................a place, just a visit from the Missus :smiley:
    Go on Stormy!!
  • Options

Who was it on here that put us onto total recall for the Hennessy?
    Just seen it’s in the gold cup, 18/1 & 5 places with sky bet.
    Chances of a place?

That was me.

Outside chance of a place I would say.
  • Options

Have to confess, looking at my open bets, I seem to have gone quite large on Stormy Ireland e/w (and alas Bacardys) after Bob tipped them - must have been pissed.
    A win in the first would definitely get me out of jail ...................a place, just a visit from the Missus :smiley:
    Go on Stormy!!

Putting a positive spin on it, Peanuts - you're sitting with a slip that has 14/1 on about a 5/1 shot. You're already a winner!!

Stormy will work regularly with Laurina at home - the Mullins team are very, very confident about today.
  • Options
    2.50... Santini
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

Go on Stormy!!

Putting a positive spin on it, Peanuts - you're sitting with a slip that has 14/1 on about a 5/1 shot. You're already a winner!!

Stormy will work regularly with Laurina at home - the Mullins team are very, very confident about today.
    Indeed Bob - cheers.
    Any chance of the good folk of Bet365 settling it as a win now, just to save time when they're busy later?
    Bet365 have applied for Bankruptcy in anticipation of the result. For some reason though, the "good folk" there don't seem unduly worried about the prospect of being jobless and have already booked their Caribbean cruises.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Today's Super Heinz is, potentially a big one:

Super Heinz (x240) Each Way

13:30 EVENT 2m 0f 179y - Saldier 12/1
    14:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 179y - Chesterfield 18/1
    14:50 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 7f 213y - Chef Des Obeaux 5/1
    15:30 EVENT 3m 2f 70y - Definitly Red 12/1
    16:10 HUNTERS CHASE 3m 2f 70y - Foxrock 8/1
    16:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 56y - Diese Des Bieffes 7/1
    17:30 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 0f 62y - Bouvreuil 14/1

Stake:
    £24.00
    Potential Returns:
    £3,953,260.18.........would be nice!

I’m a bit like you mate. Gone big for the last day with some each way accas

After another nothing week I’ve come to the conclusion I might as well just pick blindly and hope rather than try and evaluate and hope
  • Options

Indeed Bob - cheers.
    Any chance of the good folk of Bet365 settling it as a win now, just to save time when they're busy later?

I would arrange that for you with pleasure - I asked Victor the same question yesterday and he told me to f*ck off (wouldn't be the first time he had said that to me!!).

We won't be busy today - I was one of the last out of the office yesterday and told them to turn the lights out!!

• Options

bobmunro said:

Go on Stormy!!

Indeed Bob - cheers.
    Bet365 have applied for Bankruptcy in anticipation of the result. For some reason though, the "good folk" there don't seem unduly worried about the prospect of being jobless and have already booked their Caribbean cruises.
    Maldives for me - the missus is packing as I write this.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Go on Stormy!!

Indeed Bob - cheers.
    As you can probably now afford to retire Bob, I have a Mrs who is probably suitably qualified and would love to take your job. Well I'm saying that she is suitably qualified and would love her to take it anyway - if only for the fact that she'd be in Stoke and I'd be in Kent!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Go on Stormy!!

Indeed Bob - cheers.
    As you can probably now afford to retire Bob, I have a Mrs who is probably suitably qualified and would love to take your job. Well I'm saying that she is suitably qualified and would love her to take it anyway - if only for the fact that she'd be in Stoke and I'd be in Kent!
    Yes I could comfortably retire but what would I do? Play golf and go racing? Hang on a minute......

Problem is she won't let me (the she being Denise, not the missus!). I will never fully retire as long as I'm still able - having been in the game for 37 years I would miss it too much, and I've got too much emotionally invested in bet365 having been with the Coates family from the very beginning in 2001.
  • Options
    Apples now 2.32 on Betfair and Stormy gone the other way at 8.8! Time to go in again................
  • Options
    Good couple of days down there, unfortunately the crowd is getting more tosserish.
  • Options
    My slip for today:

1.30 - APPLE'S SHAKIRA (5/4) is a multiple C&D winner and has won easily. However, there's definitely value in Stormy Ireland (6/1) per Bob's suggestion. I think I'll have that as a reverse forecast.

2.10 - SMAOINEAMH ALAINN (12/1), I think, has been campaigned with this race in mind, and goes on my slip each way. SPIRITOFTHEGAMES (16/1) is another to consider for the Skeltons, as he'll appreciate the test of stamina and is a solid each-way shout. Both on my slip. Screw one horse per race, especially in a field like this!

2.50 - CALETT MAD (14/1) and DORTMUND PARK (16/1) for each-way purposes. The top two in the betting have to be taken seriously and no surprise if one of them wins.

3.30 - The big one. One of the most interesting Gold Cups in recent years. I'm going with MIGHT BITE (7/2) for the win, whose RSA last year looked class. Definitly Red, Edwulf, and American are all ones I like to stay on for a place but in that case I'm going for ROAD TO RESPECT (10/1) each way given the way he finished on the win last time out, and his liking for the ground.

4.10 - I think there's a lot to be said for former winners and I'll have PACHA DU POLDER (20/1) each way. I think he needed the run last time out and could well come on from that. For win purposes I'd suggest FOXROCK (7/1), he likes the ground and is better than the 3/1 offered for Burning Ambition.

4.50 - My two would be MR BIG SHOT (16/1) who is David Pipe's only runner - an unknown quantity, but has won easily on his first three starts - and BLOW BY BLOW (14/1) who has improved for blinkers with a decisive win last time out, and is getting to grips with this sphere. Lots of class despite the big handicap mark. Also interesting me is Tommy Rapper (25/1) who might well get the run of things, but he's not on my card.

5.30 - I wish I had a clue on this. I'll go with the Racing Post and DRESDEN (25/1 and their nap) each-way, and a friend's tip of DON'T TOUCH IT (9/1).

Other tips can be found here - this dude has been smashing it at Cheltenham so far:

Good luck all!
  • Options

Apples now 2.32 on Betfair and Stormy gone the other way at 8.8! Time to go in again................

Weight of money across the industry for the jolly - could easily go off Evens, possibly a shade odds on. Rightful favourite but happy to lay it at that price.

Not sure what the rain was overnight but the heavier the better for Stormy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2mm overnight rain. Ground stays soft, heavy in places.
  • Options
    Not much rain up here last night, the sun is trying to sneak out of the clouds too. Shame I’m stuck in the office! One of the only people in the office today may I add :(
  • Options
    Today's Losers (All each way)

1:30 Sayo

2:10 Smaoineamh Alainn

2:50 Mr Whipped

3:30 Total Recall

4:10 Unioniste

4:50 Tommy Rapper

5:30 Gino Trail
  • Options
    Decided also to follow @bobmunro and @PeanutsMolloy with a little flutter on Stormy Ireland. only got 8-1 though. Left it too late
  • Options
    I’ve got a value ew double of
    Sandsend and chef des Obeaux, I’ve got s great feeling about it, not sure why.

Got a score on apples shakira and if that doesn’t come in I get my stake back and will chuck it on might bite.

Got a ew lucky 15 of
    Stormy Ireland
    Whiskey sour
    santini
    Burning ambition

£30 stake returns £2951.75
  • Options
    1:30 APPLES SHAKIRA
    2:10 WHISKEY SOUR
    2:50 SANTINI
    3:30 DEFINITELY RED
    4:10 FOXROCK
    4:50 MR BIG SHOT
    5:30 DRESDEN
  • Options
    At 25/1, I shall be having a nibble e/w (6 places 1/5) on WILLIAM H BONNEY for the home team and at the bottom of the weights in the 2.10 handicap sprint.
    For me the Gold Cup is one to watch and enjoy - I love Native River and Our Duke and hope one or other does the biz. Couldn't have more helpful going.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LenGlover said:

Decided also to follow @bobmunro and @PeanutsMolloy with a little flutter on Stormy Ireland. only got 8-1 though. Left it too late

She's totally Bob's selection Len. In a 2 mile Grade 1 I'll happily follow the real expert.
  • Options
    Got two lucky 31's - a favourites one and a longer odds one

210 Duca De Thaix
    250 santini
    330 Might Bite
    410 Burning ambition
    450 Flawless escape

130 Stormy Ireland
    210 Smaoineamh....
    250 Fab Saga
    330 Outlander
    410 Pacha Du Polder