Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    Needed Gard Le Victre in last placed for about a grand or to win for about 5 grand. Looked like Johnson didn't want to try to get into the race.

• Options
    Finally in profit for week lol thanks @PaddyP17, ended up like £55 which is a nice suprise.

Great thread too enjoyed following everyone elses fortunes/ tips.
  • Options
    Loved this thread, been a delight to read and enjoy. And a result or 2 as well!
  • Options
    Great thread and well done to everyone that won. Personally down on the week but that’s part of it. Fantastic week of sport and second only to a summer major football tournament for me.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    North Hill Harvey and Dresden put down after falls in the last race...
  • Options
    If I'd known how bad that fall was I'd never have made my previous comment in running.

I feel horrible. What's the best charity for retired race horse welfare I can donate to?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LenGlover said:

Gino Trail got me into a small profit on the day

He nearly held out. I was on that (thanks to my mate Gino).

Definitely up on the week, thanks to all the offers, otherwise would have been down.
  • Options
    Great work gents, love the festival, one of my yearly sporting highlights, it has been a pleasure to share it with you. Thanks for the tips....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks guys.

I basically just followed various tips on here throughout the week. Deposited a tenner and got got some free bets but still got 37 quid in account and that’s despite losing at roulette last night ( stick the sports OneLung!!!)
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

If I'd known how bad that fall was I'd never have made my previous comment in running.

I feel horrible. What's the best charity for retired race horse welfare I can donate to?

http://www.racehorsesanctuary.org/
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Definitely up on the week, thanks to all the offers, otherwise would have been down.
    Bet your wife won more though :wink:
  • Options
    Been away this week then full on into work so just caught up with all 21 pages. Great read. Sorry to hear it didn’t work out for your horse @killer kish
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Bet your wife won more though :wink:
    If only she knew. Mind you she did ask me why she was getting all these e mails from bookies :smile:
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

http://www.racehorsesanctuary.org/
    Cheers. My stake is going there when I'm on a desktop.
  • Options
    Was a cracking week, even if a bit different to the norm.
    Samcro was awesome and a good result. Something tells me I'll look back at my decision to lay off some of my antepost at 4/5 as not one of my finest decisions!
    Was up to my eyeballs laying un de sceaux and with Balko des flos. Probably the highlight of week. Don't underestimate balko des flos; could be gold cup horse next year.
    Ended on a downer with the demise of North hill harvey. I stuck around for a while but it did look bad and turned out that way. The screens were up for a good half hour after so they must've given him every chance. RIP
  • Options
    Moorecroft where I had one of my horses is a charity run centre paddy
  • Options
    Donations have gone to both Moorcroft and the Racehorse Sanctuary. Both look like very worthy places - I'd urge you all to donate what you can.
  • Options
    Top class paddy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the 2017 Cotswold Chase back, for some reason (probably because of donations etc) - Many Clouds' final run. I'm in absolute pieces right now. His 2015 National win is one of my absolute favourite sporting memories. What a wonderful horse he was.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    had a final tot up yesterday including 2 days there hotel and trains, and betting for the week am £163.00 down which isn't bad as ive probably consumed double that in Guinness.

blow by blow and le prezien the 2 big winners for me also a skybet special of

mullins/elliot/henderson to train 15+ winners combined @ 20/1
  • Options
    I could see me getting back into racing after enjoying this Cheltenham and this thread so much. Being retired might help as well.
    Having Irish builders in was perfect timing too. The gave me one 12/1 winner, one loser, and two or three placed, so it's been a good week.
  • Options
    Samcro 3/1 to win any race at the festival next year.

Worth a bet ?
  • Options
    Reasonably productive Cheltenham for me, around £190 up, mainly thanks to the £20 on Samcro at 4/1 and £10 EW on Native River at 6/1. Thought the ground ruined it a bit but was still a decent watch what I saw.

Withdrawals came in over the weekend but bank account drained this morning. I know completely off topic and ranting but fraudsters are right up there IMO. Don’t give a shit who they take from as long as they don’t have to work to earn a living. I’m hopeful my bank can help but not the point, absolute scum of the highest order
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I could see me getting back into racing after enjoying this Cheltenham and this thread so much. Being retired might help as well.
    Having Irish builders in was perfect timing too. The gave me one 12/1 winner, one loser, and two or three placed, so it's been a good week.

Have the builders returned?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    have bought tickets for weds and thurs next year as i had quite a few rewards for racing points to use up, also tickets are at a cheaper rate, would recommend staying in Birmingham for visiting cheltenham, hotels are cheap a reasonable amount of nightlife after heading into cheltenham from the festival and getting in 1 pub just wasn't enjoyable so headed for Birmingham, and had a night out there, the wednesday was fine but the thursday i have never seen so many wankers in one place ( guinness village ) at the bar at 1.15ish in the afternoon and some lad was calling the asian bloke serving sachin tendulkar, tbf the 1st time he said it the guy serving found it funny after the 10th time not so funny they were then outside later in the day singing every barmy army song, so many people there with no interest in racing, kindly stick to the epsom derby or royal ascot, the only other critique is the drinks rules, last year 4 maximum worked great cue this year me getting stuck behind some scouser who proceeded to order 16 pints of guinness, 2 bottles of champagne and 6 lagers - of course all poured 1 at a time!!!.

also on ante post markets i have touched nothing for next year but did have a browse, altior at 6/4 for the queen mother already!!!!!

saw that rich ricci has a new recruit that is strangely being trained by nicky henderson the horse is called "palixandre" and should be running in a bumper soon
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Have the builders returned?
    Late, very late
  • Options

have bought tickets for weds and thurs next year as i had quite a few rewards for racing points to use up, also tickets are at a cheaper rate, would recommend staying in Birmingham for visiting cheltenham, hotels are cheap a reasonable amount of nightlife after heading into cheltenham from the festival and getting in 1 pub just wasn't enjoyable so headed for Birmingham, and had a night out there, the wednesday was fine but the thursday i have never seen so many wankers in one place ( guinness village ) at the bar at 1.15ish in the afternoon and some lad was calling the asian bloke serving sachin tendulkar, tbf the 1st time he said it the guy serving found it funny after the 10th time not so funny they were then outside later in the day singing every barmy army song, so many people there with no interest in racing, kindly stick to the epsom derby or royal ascot, the only other critique is the drinks rules, last year 4 maximum worked great cue this year me getting stuck behind some scouser who proceeded to order 16 pints of guinness, 2 bottles of champagne and 6 lagers - of course all poured 1 at a time!!!.

also on ante post markets i have touched nothing for next year but did have a browse, altior at 6/4 for the queen mother already!!!!!

saw that rich ricci has a new recruit that is strangely being trained by nicky henderson the horse is called "palixandre" and should be running in a bumper soon

Laurina already being backed for the Champion Hurdle 20s into 12s.