Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milton Keynes V Charlton 17/2/2018 post match views

Comments

• Options

Who flung that pearler of a left foot cross in for Magennis goal? Beautiful ball

Forster-Caskey I think
    Yeah an absolute peach. Picture of the ball into the "Corridor of Uncertainty."
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

seth plum said:

Watched the stream.

Shrewsbury are going to be a test of a much higher order, and if we're lucky enough to take the lead against them, we will need to go again and again at them. Lets hope Fosu is fit.

Shrewsbury lost at home to Rotherham today.

Rotherham are stringing the wins together, something like 9 wins from their last 12 games.
    And Argyle, of course.

Hard work, organisation and confidence.
    It's what you need.

Spot on @Oggy Red
  • Options
    We won - v pleased.
  • Options
    I remember it being Dedication, dedication’s what you need, if you want to be a record breaker.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Not the most fluent display but three point is three points. Whether that performance would have been good enough against better opposition I very much doubt but at least I can go to bed without thoughts of what might have been!

Disappointed in Kalkai and Reeves, Lennon hardly touched the ball so I can still reserve judgement on him, Magennis worked hard, as did Kashi and JFC probably earns my MOM. Great cross for the goal, though without Holmes it does appear he takes every free kick and corner.

A word for the ref, who had a fine game, I thought. Got decisions right, played a few advantages and didn't allow things to get too niggly.
  • Options
    Didn’t sound a commanding performance but three points is three points. Sixth place still within our grasp but we do seem very fragile.
  • Options
    Listened on Valley Pass. Sounded like Aribo made a difference, but I think Kaikai was only mentioned when subbed. A good win when not playing well at least makes up for recent dropped points.
  • Options

Not the most fluent display but three point is three points. Whether that performance would have been good enough against better opposition I very much doubt but at least I can go to bed without thoughts of what might have been!

Disappointed in Kalkai and Reeves, Lennon hardly touched the ball so I can still reserve judgement on him, Magennis worked hard, as did Kashi and JFC probably earns my MOM. Great cross for the goal, though without Holmes it does appear he takes every free kick and corner.

A word for the ref, who had a fine game, I thought. Got decisions right, played a few advantages and didn't allow things to get too niggly.

Premiership appointed ref apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So to those that were there or iFollowed ...... when Robinson brought on the subs and changed formation, who played where?

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Good win. Big Mag, JFC, Kashi, Bauer and Konsa the standouts for me. Couple of good saves and solid claims from Amos too. He’s been a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for months now, great signing, really hope we can keep him.

Not a great deal today between other recent performances. Main thing was getting 2 goals and playing with a bit more maturity and calm in the closing stages. Subs were better today too. Pearce seemed to help calm the ranks and Lennon made a good contribution. Marshall and Da Silva worked well as more defensive wingers.

Still need to move the ball faster in attack to create chances against these mass ranked defences as that will be mostly what we face in the coming months.
  • Options

Good win. Big Mag, JFC, Kashi, Bauer and Konsa the standouts for me. Couple of good saves and solid claims from Amos too. He’s been a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for months now, great signing, really hope we can keep him.

Not a great deal today between other recent performances. Main thing was getting 2 goals and playing with a bit more maturity and calm in the closing stages. Subs were better today too. Pearce seemed to help calm the ranks and Lennon made a good contribution. Marshall and Da Silva worked well as more defe

Thought Amos was very poor when I first saw him but after the first couple of games he's improved dramatically - has been very consistent and looks assured.
  • Options
    They say there is always a team that makes a last minute push and there is a fair few of them doing it now but that being said there's no rule that says the team that limps into the play offs cannot go up. We are not limping yet beat Shrewsbury next week and it a got to be game on. New owners with a championship side is very possible.
  • Options
    Joy at the final whistle turned to despair - incident on the line - no trains. But saved by a lift from a Charlton couple.

When Lennon came on I thought it was a mistake.

But it wasn’t.
  • Options
    Fantastic goal from Kashi and 3 points against weak opposition. Nailed on 7 th place at end of season. The lack of clean sheets and needing at least 2 goals to win matches will cost as dear at the end of season. We can't keep our attacking flair players fit, Stephy and Fosu. So near yet so far on another frustrating season. The mismanagement of the Duchatelet tenure is the curse that keeps giving.
  • Options
    Shocked. Flabbergasted. Stunned. Flummoxed. We held onto a lead hallelujah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A word about MK's goal. The corner was crazy! Smashed it with the outside of his foot, caught the entire defence out. Amazing technique. JFC should try it!
  • Options

Fantastic goal from Kashi and 3 points against weak opposition. Nailed on 7 th place at end of season. The lack of clean sheets and needing at least 2 goals to win matches will cost as dear at the end of season. We can't keep our attacking flair players fit, Stephy and Fosu. So near yet so far on another frustrating season. The mismanagement of the Duchatelet tenure is the curse that keeps giving.

Thanks for cheering me up.
  • Options
    At the game. On way home having yet another beer on the minibus.

Elated at the win and enjoyed some nice interaction with Jacko and Robbo during the warm down. That said, I thought we were quite poor today. MKD are relegation fodder for a reason. They are absolutely shit. We made hard work of what could have been a much more comfortable win. With Mavididi and Fosu I think we would have scored a few. A very poor quality game.

MK is such a soulless experience. Fabulous ground and surrounding area has developed significantly since my last visit in our league 1 promotion season. But it’s all a bit plastic. A semi deserted stadium with no atmosphere at all other than that provided by we Addicks. If I had to do that every week I’d have anew hobby.

I thought Kashi was MOM by a mile. Honourable mentions to Josh, Konsa and JFC. Everyone else was bang average. But that was good enough. Anyway, we won so nothing to be gained from self flagelation. Onward and hopefully upwards. But that won’t be nearly good enough against better opposition.

I’ve had a good day. COYR.
  • Options
    Also having 9 or 10 players out injured during the same period.
  • Options

Not a great deal today between other recent performances. Main thing was getting 2 goals and playing with a bit more maturity and calm in the closing stages. Subs were better today too. Pearce seemed to help calm the ranks and Lennon made a good contribution. Marshall and Da Silva worked well as more defe

Thought Amos was very poor when I first saw him but after the first couple of games he's improved dramatically - has been very consistent and looks assured.
    He did drop a couple of crosses early doors but actually I think was being fouled on a some of those occasions and it was highly overstated how shakey he looked. I think it was partly people being loyal to Phillips but Amos has proven any doubters wrong. Strong contender got POtY.
  • Options
    It's a really good stadium. It should be full of people
  • Options
    A win against a really poor MK Dons side that looked like one that is in trouble. Aribo was good and plays a second or two ahead of some players who can’t read what he’s doing. KaiKai looked like he didn’t want to know and wasn’t switched to the other wing at all and that was worth trying. Why Reeves played other than old pals act I don’t know. Why put him up against the slowest left back in the league. Marshall made no attempt to try and get past said left back despite coming on as sub. No attacking intent at all. Bauer was immense. We really laboured to win that today and a half decent team would have got a draw or win against us. On the evidence of today and recent games I can’t see us getting a play-off spot come season end.
  • Options
    Could and should have won by more, nice win to warm me up.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

So to those that were there or iFollowed ...... when Robinson brought on the subs and changed formation, who played where?

Amos

Konsa Pearce Lennon

Solly Kashi JFC JDS

Marshall Aribo

Magennis