Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milton Keynes V Charlton 17/2/2018 post match views

12346»

Comments

• Options

I was in line with that and deffo Josh’s goal slight graze off defenders head but he got the meat of it ...
    Although my eyesight is now shit , so not definitive

You must have been sitting near me.
    I was the incredibly good looking bloke,but as your eyesight isn't what it was you probably never noticed me.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Nice to meet @Leuth and @Charlton Aesthetic
    Thought except for a period in the second half we bossed it but have got to score more!
    Also nice to see so many Dads with their youngsters. The future is safe in our hands.

Didn't like the arguing over standing/sitting and 'your sitting in my seat' and 'sit anywhere'
    The millwall songs are boring.

I was told as soon as I got in sit where you want , so with two youngsters went near the front about 10 back .
    There were still a few people who wanted to stand up near the front , even when a steward said you can stand at the back .
    I mean there’s soooooo many seats available

Edit: I’m all for the millwall songs , adds to the indoctrination of pure hatred towards those filthy scumbags that I’m enforcing on my kids
  • Options

Thought except for a period in the second half we bossed it but have got to score more!
    Also nice to see so many Dads with their youngsters. The future is safe in our hands.

Didn't like the arguing over standing/sitting and 'your sitting in my seat' and 'sit anywhere'

Sit anywhere policy is great as you can choose where you sit rather than being stuck next to / behind a group of "stander-uppers", but I can understand why people will be put out if some "youngsters" want to stand in an all seater stadium, which almost happen to me & Golfie Jnr yesterday.

Got into the ground at 2.30 & found great seats about 20 rows back & behind the goal. The drummer & 4 rows of "stander-uppers" were right at the back so didn't bother us, but then at 2.50 a small group of 20 somethings decided to stand just to the left of us in the row infront. Once the game began I did ask kindly if they would like to sit down or move & to their credit they did move slightly so we could see, although they still blocked out the left touchline & corner flag but decided to keep schtum as it wasn't really worth the hassle to ask them again. I'm not going to go into the age old debate about standing v sitting but seeing as the drummer & most of the "ultra's" were a few rows behind us I thought it would have been better if they had move to be with them or stand elsewhere (there were plenty of seats either side of the goal) where they would not be blocking the view of a load of supporters who do prefer to sit down.

As an aside, we will be standing at Wimbledon in 2 weeks time (and did all through the game at the Preistfield & at Southend where 90% did & to see the game you had to) but at MK, where the away end seats thousands I don't see it unreasonable to ask those who want to stand to go at the back or somewhere where they aren't blocking anyone else's view.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Ben Reeves has a very elaborate Bobby Charlton sweep over. He's quite bald/receding under that birds nest.
  • Options

Sit anywhere policy is great as you can choose where you sit rather than being stuck next to / behind a group of "stander-uppers", but I can understand why people will be put out if some "youngsters" want to stand in an all seater stadium, which almost happen to me & Golfie Jnr yesterday.

Got into the ground at 2.30 & found great seats about 20 rows back & behind the goal. The drummer & 4 rows of "stander-uppers" were right at the back so didn't bother us, but then at 2.50 a small group of 20 somethings decided to stand just to the left of us in the row infront. Once the game began I did ask kindly if they would like to sit down or move & to their credit they did move slightly so we could see, although they still blocked out the left touchline & corner flag but decided to keep schtum as it wasn't really worth the hassle to ask them again. I'm not going to go into the age old debate about standing v sitting but seeing as the drummer & most of the "ultra's" were a few rows behind us I thought it would have been better if they had move to be with them or stand elsewhere (there were plenty of seats either side of the goal) where they would not be blocking the view of a load of supporters who do prefer to sit down.

As an aside, we will be standing at Wimbledon in 2 weeks time (and did all through the game at the Preistfield & at Southend where 90% did & to see the game you had to) but at MK, where the away end seats thousands I don't see it unreasonable to ask those who want to stand to go at the back or somewhere where they aren't blocking anyone else's view.
    Is his name Connor?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

JamesSeed said:

I thought their CB Ward (15) was excellent. Won everything in the air and looked decent on the ball.

We had a good first half, but made the mistake of going two up. After that we looked poor for
    twenty minutes. We came under a lot of pressure after conceding, giving the ball away too often, and were starting to look panicked. In the end going three at the back worked well. Since the disaster v. Oxford (Karl held his hand up for that one) the substitutions haven't been so bad (although arguably the Lennon for Dasilva was asking for trouble). He got massive support throughout out the match: 'Robinson's red army' was sung almost continuously. Great support, over 1,100.

Kaikai looked like a lost soul. He hardly ever got the ball, and when he did he just got rid straight away. Looked nervous rather than disinterested imo. He didn't look like a winger. He doesn't look better than KAG.

Thought Aribo didn't settle today, and Solly also struggled a little. Reeves was busy first half, looked less than solid in the second. Was relieved to see Marshall coming on to shore up the right hand side. Works his socks off, which will do for me in League One.

I think we were lucky that Pearce was on the bench today to replace Bauer. Hope the latter is ok for Shrewsbury.

Josh played well, but unlike some of the reviewers here, I don't think he won much in the air. Really pleased he scored though. Three in four games is it?

We deserved the win, but I'm amongst those nervous about our prospects of promotion. It's an odd league with some unpredictable results and some unpredictable teams. Anything could happen in the next few weeks I guess.

I had a small bet on 3-1. Close when Josh almost scored in the last 10 mins, and Kashi slashed at one when teed up nicely.

When we're sold on Wednesday I'm hoping the knock on effect will be a massive party on Saturday.

[PS Luckily got a lift back to the O2 from Chantel Crawford & her hubby.]

My parents, @JamesSeed who went to the game without telling me :-(
    They're great. Your mum's a force of nature. Kind of them to help me out.
  • Options

ross1 said:
    Ben Reeves has a very elaborate Bobby Charlton sweep over. He's quite bald/receding under that birds nest.
    His forehead looks like a rubber ring as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    good win but we still don't look comfortable at a winning position, no offence to mk but they are pony, but was still squeaky bum time towards end of game.

our next 5 are ( current position in brackets )

shrewsbury H (1st)
    afc wimbledon A (18th)
    peterborough A (9th)
    blackpool A (17th)
    fleetwood H (20th)

if were serious about playoffs 3 wins, 1 draw and a loss will tee us up fine.
  • Options

good win but we still don't look comfortable at a winning position, no offence to mk but they are pony, but was still squeaky bum time towards end of game.

shrewsbury H (1st)
    afc wimbledon A (18th)
    peterborough A (9th)
    blackpool A (17th)
    fleetwood H (20th)

I was looking at that myself.
    On paper March is an easier month than most, April however is a different story

Rotherham (4th)
    @ Bristol Rovers (12th)
    Scunthorpe (5th)
    @ Portsmouth (10th)
    Blackburn (3rd)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shrewsbury H (1st)
    afc wimbledon A (18th)
    peterborough A (9th)
    blackpool A (17th)
    fleetwood H (20th)

Rotherham (4th)
    @ Bristol Rovers (12th)
    Scunthorpe (5th)
    @ Portsmouth (10th)
    Blackburn (3rd)
    With the exception of Wigan no team has been particularly outstanding that I've seen - we can beat or lose to anyone.
    And even Wigan are wobbling.
  • Options
    the only hope is some of those currently in the chase may have dropped off by then, or be consigned to a mid table finish.
  • Options

shrewsbury H (1st)
    afc wimbledon A (18th)
    peterborough A (9th)
    blackpool A (17th)
    fleetwood H (20th)

Rotherham (4th)
    @ Bristol Rovers (12th)
    Scunthorpe (5th)
    @ Portsmouth (10th)
    Blackburn (3rd)
    With the exception of Wigan no team has been particularly outstanding that I've seen - we can beat or lose to anyone.
    I doubt any of the top 10 teams would be looking forward to playing us either. For all our flaws, we still have some very good players
  • Options
    It’s also good to know that we can adopt the three (5?) at the back formation if we’re coming under pressure, or if they’ve stuck a big fella on Dasilva.
  • Options

shrewsbury H (1st)
    afc wimbledon A (18th)
    peterborough A (9th)
    blackpool A (17th)
    fleetwood H (20th)

Rotherham (4th)
    @ Bristol Rovers (12th)
    Scunthorpe (5th)
    @ Portsmouth (10th)
    Blackburn (3rd)
    I'd be more concerned with the above than our next batch of matches.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Just watched the low camera angle again. I can't quite be sure, but was that an own goal?
    Maybe it came off the defender's head?

I want it to be Mag's goal, but what do other's think?

Just watched it a few times slowed right down. Hits the defender 's head then ricochets in off Josh. Definitely his goal.
  • Options
    Very nice interview (or two) with Josh on VP. Comes across as a really top fella.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Ahmed Kashi has been named in the EFL's Team of the Week for his fantastic performance away at Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday.

The all-action engine roomer broke the deadlock after 10 minutes with a stunning strike from 25 yards and would go on to control the rest of the game, alongside his midfield partner Jake Forster-Caskey.

Kashi's goal brought a fantastic noise from the 1,194 traveling Addicks - which you can see by watching our Fan Cam - and the strike has also been named as Sky Bet League One's Goal of the Weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Brilliant , can see me grey barnet lifting my little one up in green coat and his brother in blue jacket going a bit wonky when we scored
  • Options

Lovely moment for you and your lads, OohAah.

Another small victory in the battle to indoctrinate your kids.
  • Options

ross1 said:
    One of the highlights of any new season and especially on a rainy and windy day is checking out from a high enough vantage point from the stands who looks like they have started to get a bit thin on top , recede or worse still who has worked up a bit of a monkey' s bum on the back of their bonce .

Quality follicularly challenged players who seemed to have accelerated through the gears over the years from thatch to natch all apparently achieved in a close season have been Shearer , Van Nistelroy , Nicky Butt , Zola, Ray Wilkins and classic monkey's bummers Martin Keown and Danny Murphy .

One player who looks like he might have had a bit of help from Belgravia Clinic over the years is Frank Lampard .Never been convinced by his chrome dome hiding syrup and suspect he has paid a fortune to have that saucer on the top of his swede shrunk .

Any other Tom Petty style see through hair dos that I have missed ?
  • Options

ross1 said:
    Brilliant , can see me grey barnet lifting my little one up in green coat and his brother in blue jacket going a bit wonky when we scored
    @oohaahmortimer

Love it mate
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Just watched the low camera angle again. I can't quite be sure, but was that an own goal?

Looked like an own goal, good pressure by Maggenis though.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Oggy Red said:

Looked like an own goal, good pressure by Maggenis though.
    Apparently they analysed the video in super slo mo, and it’s Josh’s goal.
  • Options

ross1 said:
    His forehead looks like a rubber ring as well.
    Now, now, let's not sink to munter shaming on here.